Justin Gaethje Low Fight IQ

Why did he let Max draw him into standing and banging the last ten seconds when he's tired as f and got pieced up all figh
You just said it. Justin got pieced up so he figured there was a high risk of losing on the scorecards - and was happy to get a good shot at a win by finish

He's gotta have some of the lowest fight IQ I've ever witnessed. Why did he let Max draw him into standing and banging the last ten seconds when he's tired as f and got pieced up all fight with a broken nose?

The chances of him winning the fight at that point were almost nil so going for broke in that situation was a bad idea. Now he won't be able to take a punch the same way.

SMH

Gangsta way to go out tho.
So basically instead of trying to win the fight, you wanted him to not even try. My man that makes no sense. He knew that was the only way he could win at that point

In the past, Justin has fought like an idiot, but not recently, and not in this fight. To say that Justing showed poor fight IQ in THIS fight is just trolling.
No obviously not in this fight that’s a given. And yeah he was also desperate for a finish because he was being dominated.

It’s just my take on his style.

Wittman has been doing a good job of reigning him in.

Reactions: CPH
It was epic Max pulled it off, but Gaethje was severely compromised at this point. Sure it was low IQ because Gaethje all fight couldn't close distance because his nose was severely bothering him, but it was for the BMF title and Gaethje needed to take the last chance.

It is what it is. Had he refused people would've been saying he was given a gracious chance and backed out. Gaethje was very defensive in the pocket even when he accepted compared to his usual style. That nose probably hurt him bad all night with Max's jabs.

He had already lost the fight on points, how is it low IQ to accept a 10 sec brawl that could have won him the fight? Max on the other hand was crazy to put his win on the line like that.

Dude did look off in there. I noticed right off the rip that Justin looked 'bloated'. Seemed way more chubby than usual. Also he did have problems with slipping and his movements. In hindsight, a leg injury or something would make sense. But it's not like you could pull out of 300.
Only reason Gaethje looked "bloated" is because he was fighting someone who is a weight class lower than him and is naturally skinny, reasons he has problems with slipping and his movement because he was also fighting Holloway who is 10x the striker that Gaethje is when it comes to technique, you people are forgetting Gaethje was a forward movement leg kick throwing, sloppy punches and uses his head for defense. If no injury comes out, will you give Holloway his dues? Or you still believing Holloway was going to get washed.

Justin was losing anyway on the scorecard

How is this trolling? Are you okay?

You don’t have to go balls to the wall like Justin did. It was stupid given the circumstances.

You should be banned for falsely accusing me of trolling.

The circumstances were that he was about to lose a decision and then Max gave him an opportunity to get a finish.

He should've only thrown 80% like Trevor Whitman was saying in between rounds

No they are not. Those exchanges favor the guy who didn't get pieced up for 5 rounds suffering heavy damage. Brilliant play by Max.
Still, his chances went up from 0% by being allowed to instead of Holloway just running out the clock.

Only reason Gaethje looked "bloated" is because he was fighting someone who is a weight class lower than him and is naturally skinny, reasons he has problems with slipping and his movement because he was also fighting Holloway who is 10x the striker that Gaethje is when it comes to technique, you people are forgetting Gaethje was a forward movement leg kick throwing, sloppy punches and uses his head for defense. If no injury comes out, will you give Holloway his dues? Or you still believing Holloway was going to get washed.
I'm not saying Justin was injured but I wouldn't be surprised based on how he looked. Maybe we will really find out in about 2 years from now. Also I would Max more dues if he didn't eye poke Justin 2x both looking pretty bad.

He's gotta have some of the lowest fight IQ I've ever witnessed. Why did he let Max draw him into standing and banging the last ten seconds when he's tired as f and got pieced up all fight with a broken nose?

The chances of him winning the fight at that point were almost nil so going for broke in that situation was a bad idea. Now he won't be able to take a punch the same way.

SMH

The lowest IQ last night was definitely Jalin Turner.

I'm not saying Justin was injured but I wouldn't be surprised based on how he looked. Maybe we will really find out in about 2 years from now. Also I would Max more dues if he didn't eye poke Justin 2x both looking pretty bad.
Did you watch the fight? Holloway was obliterating Gaethje's leg with teeps and low kicks, that is why he didn't look good with his movement even though his footwork & movement were never the best. I'll agree to the degree with the eyepokes, but it's a fight these things happens, in the end Max Holloway was too fast, too technical and people forgetting who he is gave him that extra motiv, I think Holloway would have still beaten Gaethje. Holloway is just the better striker, all Gaethje had in this bout was low kicks and the strength/ko power.

Did you watch the fight? Holloway was obliterating Gaethje's leg with teeps and low kicks, that is why he didn't look good with his movement even though his footwork & movement were never the best. I'll agree to the degree with the eyepokes, but it's a fight these things happens, in the end Max Holloway was too fast, too technical and people forgetting who he is gave him that extra motiv, I think Holloway would have still beaten Gaethje. Holloway is just the better striker, all Gaethje had in this bout was low kicks and the strength/ko power.
Even with eye pokes in both eyes, Justin was able to knock him down. Eye pokes definitely play a role. Ask DC and Stipe.

Even with eye pokes in both eyes, Justin was able to knock him down. Eye pokes definitely play a role. Ask DC and Stipe.
The eye pokes were bad, but I don't think it played a big role given Gaethje is sloppy striker that consist of overhand and hooks but he did catch Holloway in the back of the head. I think Gaethje being an inferior striker with questionable cardio played a much more significant role.

SMH

His whole steez is chaos and he was down on the cards. Why complain? It was his only chance to win at that point, max dared him. He would be a fool and coward to not go for it.

Back