Media Justin Gaethje reveals he had a concussion before Oliveira fight "That's why his strikes were so effective"

Definitely don't think he is lying. I just think The strikes Oliveira landed were effective BECAUSE they were clean as hell and placed to perfection.

Going into a fight concussed won’t just makes strikes feel harder. Balance, timing, basic cognition will be affected

Going into a fight concussed won’t just makes strikes feel harder. Balance, timing, basic cognition will be affected

I'm not sure stuff like balance is still affected after over 2 weeks, but for example attention and focus could be compromised to a degree, that can sure as hell be dangerous when striking. A full recovery is usually within a month (if I recall correctly), so after 18 days you would expect the outward physical symptoms to be pretty much gone.

I thought he said it "messed" with him? A concussed fighter is more prone to that kind of mental issues.
And before anyone states otherwise, I don't really like him as a fighter. He kind of rubs me the wrong way and I really do not know why.

Justin is a blood and guts fighter sir, he never plays it safe.
He goes for it every time he's in there, what's not to like?

Can’t we just go with :

“X was the better fighter THAT night”

If you truly believe your better, win a couple and start calling for a rematch.

Also, Holy fuckin ads on mobile Sherdog!!!!!
dude its horrible, the ones that cover your whole screen haha

They all sign a form explaining to the fight doctor what physical condition they’re in. I think there’s a specific box to check for concussions. If he didn’t check the box, then he should keep it to himself now.

I have no doubt he's telling the truth here. But people also have a hard time believing that Charles is a powerful striker, so this might just be Justin reconciling that Charles hurt him more than other "more powerful" strikers.

I'm one of the bigger Justin Gaethje fans on here. He is my favorite fighter.

It seems truthful to me. His hesitancy to discuss it and apprehension to be caught making an excuse seem about right for the circumstances.

Also, I think Charles would have beaten him that night concussion or not.

I do love the man but he eye pokes a whole lot.

Could be he has bad politics but come on, he's MMA fighter.

WOW!

Even if that was true, why make it public now?

Ironically enough.. It was immediately AFTER the loss to Khabib that he turned into a massive diva.

He thought he deserved the next TS. After just LOSING a TS.

I don't doubt him, but it doesn't matter. It never matters. You are responsible for the version of yourself who steps in there. Even extremely short notice will eventually be forgotten. DC beat Anderson Silva.

I know there are plenty of other considerations in taking fights, but I speak on behalf of the MMA fan base when I say, "Over time, we will forget."

Was he doing BMX?

QwS5.gif

Or just out for a cruise?

giphy.gif

It is more when he talks. I just don't know what it is, it just grates on me. Same with Chandler and Alvarez. On paper, should love them all, but when I hear them speak, I am just like "shut your stupid face and fight."

Back