Justin Tafa believes he deserves his win bonus…

Honestly Tafa and others like him should sue the UFC for continually ignoring the glove problem. They have stated in the past they they didn't want to use pride gloves because of the patents or something like that with the ufc gloves. So basically, no surprise here, Dana choosing greed over fighters safety.

Like I wasn't into Pride until it was about too late, and didn't catch all the fights, but I don't even remember there being any eye pokes.
you want something better than pride gloves too. They had their own problems of the fingers constantly slipping out of the finger loops. And the ref having to pause the action to slip it back on

Missed the fight, just saw a clip of the eye poke. That was a fucking bad one god damn.

No, there'd be no incentive to continue to fight after a foul.

It will always be more beneficial to claim you can't see after a eye poke if you get 2X your money to do so.

That's how it already is with illegal knees. I'd say with eye pokes it should be a DQ.

Honestly, he should’ve been given a DQ. That eye poke was horrible

It will always be more beneficial to claim you can't see after a eye poke if you get 2X your money to do so.

You shouldn't have a incentive to continue to fight after a foul either. It's akin to missing weight. In the lower ranks, we used to see people barely try to make weight because they know they can lean on their opponent after they cut "Well, you made all this effort and went through camp, you sure you want that to not come to anything?"

I'm gonna need someone to explain to me how badly Lane fucked up, cuz otherwise, I swear this forum is so fucking dopey.

You know those GSP-Hughes type of low blows, just an inside kick when the guy is moving that happen incidentally? I feel like if one of those happens and the guy's testicle explodes, you guys would be calling for a DQ, but when some guy goes straight Hackney on Joe Son's balls and gets DQ'd, you'd be complaining that the ref didn't give enough warnings first.

You shouldn't have a incentive to continue to fight after a foul either. It's akin to missing weight. In the lower ranks, we used to see people barely try to make weight because they know they can lean on their opponent after they cut "Well, you made all this effort and went through camp, you sure you want that to not come to anything?"

agreed. i don't think a lot of people here know how scummy amateur MMA and regional MMA is.

I don't think he should get a win bonus for this but he should get a percentage of Austin's purse. Even if it's only 10%. They would be much more mindful of eye pokes if there was some kind of real consequence for them.

in this case, we need a fair fight asap. so my suggestion is that the ref eye pokes Tafa and they can just get on with it, both swingin blindly

<seedat>
Then we need Herb Dean as the ref in this scenario.

I think Dana will give him some extra $$. Not sure why everyone is bashing Austin, it was clearly an accident. Austin missed a strike, was off balance, and just kinda put his hand up for balance. Unfortunately his fingers ran right into Tafa's eye. Fighters who stand there in guard w/ extended fingers are more deliberate than this.

Surely he is getting paid out, though, right?

Right?

He is getting paid out, though, right?

If it decreases fouls, I don't see that as a bad thing.

The other dudes money should go to Tafa & he gets nothing & make him fight with no pay his next fight & that money goes to Tafa, also.

Harsh, but fair.

A bad look - that post. A scummy move by his opponent, but maybe just take the cheque and be keen for a rematch asap.
Unless he's literally not able to fight again quickly because his eye was gouged.

"Fans" like you are why people think MMA is "human cock fighting"

Back