Jwp vs holzken

I knew Holzken had this one in the bag. He is just the superior fighter prime and out of prime.

If I look like that getting old please let me get old :D

JWP is one of my all time favorites. He doesn’t have anything close to “beautiful” Muay Thai these days but god damn is it effective. He’s game, tough, friendly, and a great ambassador for the sport

Met and trained with him back in the day. Before the internet explosion he was one of the few fighters you could easily find online. K1 fans torrent days. But I have to agree, he did not have a very pretty fighting style compared to like a sitjaopho style but it definently worked for him. Have you watched blessed with venom? Dude was very brave. Imagine having only 30 fights, and to rematch a top thai with 100s of fights you already lost to and 2 days before the fight coach says ok, you'll beat him this time cause your gonna fight southpaw! Despite never training southpaw! If I remember correctly, this was against orono but I could be wrong.

I hate seeing many of my fav fighters getting old.

<mma1>

Yeah man, he should retire, I hate to say this but that was the worst I ever seen him. He's just too old. He said he wants a rematch a few days after the fight!! He was relying on that left kick which wasn't working and kept dropping his right hand. If he gets a rematch and a solid game plan I think he could win but dude is in his like mid 40s still fighting top level competition. Oh yeah, a few years ago, a fighter at a local gym dobblers beat his daughter which instantly put her in the lime light. Anyways JWP was a really nice guy, I met him when he came to US for a mma fight and was training at our gym. He inspired my waikru.

Met and trained with him back in the day. Before the internet explosion he was one of the few fighters you could easily find online. K1 fans torrent days. But I have to agree, he did not have a very pretty fighting style compared to like a sitjaopho style but it definently worked for him. Have you watched blessed with venom? Dude was very brave. Imagine having only 30 fights, and to rematch a top thai with 100s of fights you already lost to and 2 days before the fight coach says ok, you'll beat him this time cause your gonna fight southpaw! Despite never training southpaw! If I remember correctly, this was against orono but I could be wrong.
I have so much respect for anyone who went to Thailand to train Muay Thai before it turned into mma Disney Land. That took balls
Yeah man, he should retire, I hate to say this but that was the worst I ever seen him. He's just too old. He said he wants a rematch a few days after the fight!! He was relying on that left kick which wasn't working and kept dropping his right hand. If he gets a rematch and a solid game plan I think he could win but dude is in his like mid 40s still fighting top level competition. Oh yeah, a few years ago, a fighter at a local gym dobblers beat his daughter which instantly put her in the lime light. Anyways JWP was a really nice guy, I met him when he came to US for a mma fight and was training at our gym. He inspired my waikru.
dobbler is a treasure. I dig that dude

I have so much respect for anyone who went to Thailand to train Muay Thai before it turned into mma Disney Land. That took balls
dobbler is a treasure. I dig that dude

Old coach was one of dobblers number one guys before branching out. Jesse magusen is good fighter and coach too.

Man going to Thailand was so much harder back in the day. Like oh you want to go to Thailand huh? What gym you going to? How much does it cost? You speak thai? They are accepting round eyes? Lol. It's not like you could just search the yellow pages and pic up the phone and call multiple gyms. You needed a connection or be willing to show up blind and figure it out from there. Now you just search Google for 5 min and shoot a email. Hence the end of travel agents lol. I know your already aware of this cause your old like me lol. I was trying to go there at 22 but had never left the country before and didn't know wtf I was doing.

The first time I met JWP I didn't even know who he was, I was getting my hands wrapped for my 1st thai fight and there's this old guy cracking jokes in the change room. He's like asking me how many MT fights I've had and I'm like "yeah zero, this is the first" and he's giving me pointers and I just want him to buzz off cause he was taking me out of my pre fight angry mood by being so funny, wasn't until later on when I asked my trainer who this "John" guy was that I found out I got tips from an Australian MT legend.

Yeah. The way he reacted to the hits, and now he kinda did a small pause before throwing some of his shots. Two major signs that a fighter is getting old.

Or at least too old to fight killers.

Back