K1 fighters who appeared in MMA

He's acting as a bouncer for local saunas.

Lmao Nathan said " we'll just barricade the fucking sauna" in the most nervous and scared way possible. Like he looked like he was shitting his pants when he said it and took a big breathe

Ex-Glory Raymond Daniels is on the Bellator card I think. But was not K-1.

Last edited:
Not K1 though he did fight a couple times for them, but Malaipet Sasiprapa is one of the best pure muay Thai guys that crossed to kickboxing and MMA

Rambaa Somdet fought in K-1 once back in '00 but not too much space for a fighter his size back then. He went on to fight four times in DEEP between '01 -'02 going 2-2 only losing to Darren Uyenoyama and Mitsuhisa Sunabe. He cameback to MMA in '07 and went on to win the Shooto Flyweight Championship and defend the title before injuries forced him to vacate the title. Rambaa actually took the sports of MMA serious enough to actually learn it and become a World Champion at his weight where Malaipet just showed up to collect a check. It's a shame Rambaa didn't even go on his MMA run until his mid to late 30's.

When did Aerts fight MMA??? I want links! I gotta see this!

Aerts fought Shungo Oyama in HERO*S and Baruto in RIZIN. Neither are honestly worth a watch.

Rambaa Somdet fought in K-1 once back in '00 but not too much space for a fighter his size back then. He went on to fight four times in DEEP between '01 -'02 going 2-2 only losing to Darren Uyenoyama and Mitsuhisa Sunabe. He cameback to MMA in '07 and went on to win the Shooto Flyweight Championship and defend the title before injuries forced him to vacate the title. Rambaa actually took the sports of MMA serious enough to actually learn it and become a World Champion at his weight where Malaipet just showed up to collect a check. It's a shame Rambaa didn't even go on his MMA run until his mid to late 30's.

agreed about M16, dude was a ton of fun to watch and it's a shame he was too old by the time Flyweights finally had a larger stage to showcase themselves. I think he was on one of the VTJ cards too, if I'm remembering correctly.

Aerts fought Shungo Oyama in HERO*S and Baruto in RIZIN. Neither are honestly worth a watch.

agreed about M16, dude was a ton of fun to watch and it's a shame he was too old by the time Flyweights finally had a larger stage to showcase themselves. I think he was on one of the VTJ cards too, if I'm remembering correctly.

Aerts took on Baruto on like 1 day notice, then if I remember correctly took his back and almost got rnc, it was hilarious to see

almost all of the k1 legends had a mma fight or 2 in the early to mid 2000's between dynamite and k1 romanex shows

Raul Cătinaș and Andrei Stoica, Raul after K-1 and Andrei even before Local Kombat (feeding promotion of Superkombat).

Maurice Smith was a K-1 fighter who became UFC heavyweight champion. Paved the way for kickboxers.
Also paved the way for MMA when he linked up with Frank Shamrock to start the Alliance. He certainly played a role in the injection of a lot of Kickboxing techniques to make a complete Mixed Martial Artists. Mo Smith deserves a lot of credit.

Ray sefo
Zimmerman
Ramon Dekkers
Bob sapp

Also paved the way for MMA when he linked up with Frank Shamrock to start the Alliance. He certainly played a role in the injection of a lot of Kickboxing techniques to make a complete Mixed Martial Artists. Mo Smith deserves a lot of credit.

Agree, Maurice Smith doesn't get much of a mention these days and newbs don't know who he was/is. Deserves so much more credit for his accomplishments in MMA and in KB where he was WKA world heavyweight champion for around 10 years when that was one of the best titles to hold pre K- 1 days

Ernesto Hoost vs Bob Sapp
g7qPt3l.jpg

JW5dMVI.jpg

FgceFqg.jpg

B5v2ubg.jpg

itd be easier to list big name k1 fighters who didnt compete in mma.

Did Igor ever compete under something similar to K-1 rules? All I've seen from him was longpants "full contact" rules stuff.
Yes it was a K-1 match against Ernesto Hoost

Back