Karate Combat Season 3 Promo with Machida, GSP, Bas Rutten, Danny Trejo, etc.

Ross Levine just moved here from Glory actually.

Do they just stream events on their website, or how does this work?

I'm not the biggest Karate guy but I'd give it a watch for science.

Youtube, CBS Sports, Eurosport etc.

You can see the list of channels when you click "where to watch" at the top on their site: https://www.karate.com/events

It's not exactly like watching traditional Karate btw so even if you not a Karate guy it should still be relatively entertaining.

Ross Levine just moved here from Glory actually.

I am not just saying this because I work for them: whatever about the previous seasons (I wasn't involved) but this upcoming season is carnage.

One of the KO's is the second-worst KO I have witnessed in real life (the worst was Bouzidi vs Cavalari at a Glory NYC show) - this guy got put down with a right hand and ... just stayed there, for ages. It went from cheers to hmmms to total silence, just like when Bouzidi got stopped.

There's some really good scraps and the visuals are next-level. There's also an Irish kid breaks through in this season, tenderizing guys - turned out he had an amateur boxing background as well as karate background, he just neglected to mention it.

I think overall the finish rate runs somewhere around 55% this season. There's also an insane comeback where Fighter A gets their ass kicked for like 8 minutes then BANG out of nowhere hits this head kick which just ends the contest instantly. Fun show.

In the USA its on CBS Sports Network weekly on Thursday nights commencing Thursday, July 1

Then the episode replays / on-demand via Karate Combat YouTube and Karate.com

In the USA its on CBS Sports Network weekly on Thursday nights commencing Thursday, July 1

Then the episode replays / on-demand via Karate Combat YouTube and Karate.com
Thanks bud, I'll check YouTube I haven't had cable tv in like 15 years LOL. Congrats on the new gig.

The promotion is interesting one event they had the fights on a skyscraper one they walked out of limos and boats. I think there's some dumb rules that prohibit them from using boxing and everyone just throws overhands. Never seen so many karetekas throwing overhands. Looks more like a brawl than real karate. Plus they can follow up with ground and pound for like only a few seconds if someone's on the ground.

Last edited:
I am not just saying this because I work for them: whatever about the previous seasons (I wasn't involved) but this upcoming season is carnage.

One of the KO's is the second-worst KO I have witnessed in real life (the worst was Bouzidi vs Cavalari at a Glory NYC show) - this guy got put down with a right hand and ... just stayed there, for ages. It went from cheers to hmmms to total silence, just like when Bouzidi got stopped.

There's some really good scraps and the visuals are next-level. There's also an Irish kid breaks through in this season, tenderizing guys - turned out he had an amateur boxing background as well as karate background, he just neglected to mention it.

I think overall the finish rate runs somewhere around 55% this season. There's also an insane comeback where Fighter A gets their ass kicked for like 8 minutes then BANG out of nowhere hits this head kick which just ends the contest instantly. Fun show.
Does that mean all of the fights are pre recorded and just released over time ?

Anyone watching the live event right now?

I don't know the level of the fighters but the fights were pretty entertaining, the first one being the best to me. The rules make for an interesting dynamic.

The production is a bit much for my personal taste. Its certainly more slanted towards entertainment, kind of reminds me of those 90's Karate shows they used to have in the States.

Overall it was worth checking out. This seems like a good fit for Bas too.

I watched some of the events in season 1 but it just got a bit repetitive after a while.

Anyone watching the live event right now?

It looks interesting. What are the rules exactly? From the 1st fight Im guessing you’re not allowed to knee in the clinch, you can hip throw but place the person down and you can ground and pound if you’re in a mount?

It looks interesting. What are the rules exactly? From the 1st fight Im guessing you’re not allowed to knee in the clinch, you can hip throw but place the person down and you can ground and pound if you’re in a mount?

Only for 5 seconds as Karate Combat is focused on the "hard style" of Karate. I like what I've seen and these fighters are HUNGRY.

"Takedowns in the case of executing an impact technique on the grounded opponent: A maximum of 5 seconds will be allowed to strike the grounded opponent – if there is no knock down the referee will separate the two contestants and the grounded opponent must stand up immediately. During takedowns the contestant always must have full control of the opponent. The contestant must show full awareness of the technique.

e) When a knockdown occurs from a legal maneuver other than a takedown, the standing opponent may follow through with immediate action on the grounded opponent. If the grounded opponent stands up, the bout continues. If the grounded opponent defends himself intelligently, he will be allowed to stand up. If the grounded opponent is unable to protect himself on the ground from additional blows, the bout will be ended by the referee."

Karate Combat Official Rules | In Play! magazine (inplaymagazine.com)

So the Russian kid who fought in this last episode, he won a decision but he had a sore head afterwards.

Turned out to be a fractured skull. He went for immediate surgery and all went well - he's all clear for competing in future.

But man .... check out the post-surgery scar: I have never seen anything like this ever. Why is it so thick? It's like a rope (reminds me of Murphy/Robocop, for those of you old enough to remember)

The scar: (video) https://www.instagram.com/reel/CQ9PrNaFw69/?utm_medium=copy_link

Yeesh. That's a nasty scar. I'd call it a career, fuck it. Not worth that level of surgery to fight in a studio in front of a bunch of white dudes in Kimono's IMO. Hopefully his hair grows back evenly to cover that up, shit.

Yeesh. That's a nasty scar. I'd call it a career, fuck it. Not worth that level of surgery to fight in a studio in front of a bunch of white dudes in Kimono's IMO. Hopefully his hair grows back evenly to cover that up, shit.
Just out of curiosity are you white?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back