Karolina at -135 Is A Safe Bet

I've been thinking about this fight a lot. I don't think KH can take her down, but she could definitely score points on volume. Felice Herrig couldn't take down KK and she was much stronger. KK won that fight via split decision. KK should be able to be stronger in the grappling since KH is undersized. I just worry about the volume from KH.
And Waterson outgrappled Felice

but though she has several good wins, literally all of them are by split decision. She's the split dec queen. Thing is, judges love Michelle too...

Tbf, both of her UFC split decisions were examples of terrible judging. At the absolute worst she won the Herrig fight 29-28, the only round that is debatable is the third. And the decision against Rose should have been a clear as day 29-28, with KK winning rounds 2 and 3. Not a single media member scored the fight for Herrig and 23 of 24 scored the Rose fight for KK.

Most chick fights are 50/50 despite what the odds say

This has split decision written all over it
Hey now, I hate women as much as the next guy but this just isn't true. Chick fights are usually really low-variance because they have no KO power whatsoever, and they rarely adapt/learn so what you see on tape is what you get.

Hey now, I hate women as much as the next guy but this just isn't true. Chick fights are usually really low-variance because they have no KO power whatsoever, and they rarely adapt/learn so what you see on tape is what you get.

Agreed overall, but disagree about the last part. Females are usually so raw and are missing so many skills that you often see dramatic improvements from one fight to the next.

Also, moreso than men, you often see regression in terms of skill from female fighters, even in their mid-20s, as I believe many of them struggle with motivation and desire. (Paige Van Zant comes to mind)

This raises the variance which is otherwise lowered by their lack of KO power.

Agreed overall, but disagree about the last part. Females are usually so raw and are missing so many skills that you often see dramatic improvements from one fight to the next.

Also, moreso than men, you often see regression in terms of skill from female fighters, even in their mid-20s, as I believe many of them struggle with motivation and desire. (Paige Van Zant comes to mind)

This raises the variance which is otherwise lowered by their lack of KO power.
Interesting point

I feel like that is strongly correlated to perceived attractiveness and is thus easy to see from a mile away

I mean take a look at her social media and its easy to see she isn't 100% invested in martial arts

Interesting point

I feel like that is strongly correlated to perceived attractiveness and is thus easy to see from a mile away

I mean take a look at her social media and its easy to see she isn't 100% invested in martial arts
TBH I'd rank Felice Herrig up there amongst WMMA fighters and one thing I liked about her was her grit and willingness to follow corner instructions.

TBH I'd rank Felice Herrig up there amongst WMMA fighters and one thing I liked about her was her grit and willingness to follow corner instructions.
I was talking about PVZ

But i do like Herring as a fighter

Herrig is one of those fighters that I can never get a proper read on as she's always so hot and cold. Looks like a contender in one fight, then a novice in the next.

Herrig is one of those fighters that I can never get a proper read on as she's always so hot and cold. Looks like a contender in one fight, then a novice in the next.

Sounds like me and Sam Alvey. Dude plays tricks on my mind.

Can KH take KK's shots? Any evidence of KH surviving bombs? Food for thought.

Can KH take KK's shots? Any evidence of KH surviving bombs? Food for thought.
Well the 14 out of 15 other girls she fought managed to survive them

50 50 fight this one, I personally favour KK but I can see either winning really. KK hopefully gets into punching and clinch range repeatedly and gives KH no change to get kicks off. KK usually starts slow and picks up as the fight goes on, I would say if she can get through round one without to much damage taken or any issues cardio wise she takes over with volume of strikes and gets a win on the cards

If the fight is close after 3 rounds I see KH getting the nod as the UFC are pushing her hard.

Does anyone see all of KH other obligations effecting her training and prep for this fight? She does a lot of stuff that isn't training or fighting for the UFC and other outlets, plus she has children and a husband, seems like her time is very divided.

I give Michelle the edge in this fight. Largely because of her ability to adapt to the opponent. I like KK, she's good at what she does but she is pretty much one dimensional. Michelle comes with better fight IQ and a tailored to the opponent gameplan.

As I've said before in another thread, Michelle is looking a lot better lately. KK's strength in the clinch will be offset by Michelle's more versatile skill set. Her striking advantage offset by Michelle's mobility....And size advantage....Well... Michelle already showed that it isn't necessarily an advantage.

I'll take Waterson.

Pretty much this ☝️

People plucking these threads back from the dead understand that they've just seen the fight and therefore already know how it ends, right? No one thinks you're some kind of Nostradamus.

I love it when someone comes into a thread to announce that theyre an àsshole.

Feel me Steve?

Back