Kayla vs Holm

Trabaho

Mighty
@Black
Reaction score
Which one of these natural talents do you pick to win this epic female badass showdown ? Essentially a grappler vs Striker scenario ? I'm intrigued. I never watched Kayla besides Highlights, how's her stand up ? I rate this fight a 9/10. I actually can't pick. But I assume Kayla is the fresher more primed fighter. If her competition was close to elite in PFL I would pick her based on athletic mileage. Strong chance of a finish and fireworks. Wouldn't be mad if this was even in the main card.
WMMA is lackluster unless the elite girls are competing. Then it's exciting. This is an elite match up with a Icon of WMMA in Holly. Make your prediction.

Screenshot_20240412_155635_Instagram.jpgScreenshot_20240412_155731_Instagram.jpg

Holly got that dawg in her and has fought some of the best at BW. Even in her old age she does well. It's hard to gauge how good Kayla is. How many actual lightweights in the womens division are there? I don't rate beating a bunch of blown up soccer moms that highly even if you do it in exciting fashion. She is 9 years younger than Holm though...
I'm going with Holm but I could flip a coin on it.

Kayla via brutal elbow ground and pound imo.

She was allowed to use elbows once in her career before and she made an absolute mess of the other girl.

Kayla is probably phisically too powerful and Holly got older and dropped in performances which is natural. Maybe Holly can fend off and survive the grappling in the stand up she is better. But she really needs to catch Kayla or hurt her multiple times. Might really be a burtal gnp stoppage. If Kayla can deal with Hollys high level kickboxing. Prime is prime, athlecism goes a long way.

Holly is more experienced and for sure the tougher one.

Holly blessed us with this... never forget

c781b103de6673a0a52375043bbd8be6.gif

Holly is so old and frail …. If she still had any knockout power at all , she’d be worth a dog shot at her current odds .

But she has no power …. She won’t win …

Beside talents and skill levels, I always root for fighters I deem more attractive. Its very close on this fight but I think Kayla edges it very narrowly.

The only one edging is you shermano, it seems.

I put $100 on Holly winning considering the 135 weight cut and Holly is fighting for her job.

Holly has only lost 1 fight in the last 4+ years (the MBS fight was overturned to a no contest) why do you think she's fighting for her job?
42, fighting a girl whose coming on with her debut and a loss?

I think she'll call it a career on a historic card if she loses, i dont think they'll cut her but she'll call it quits herself.

Holly has only lost 1 fight in the last 4+ years (the MBS fight was overturned to a no contest) why do you think she's fighting for her job?
Especially when you consider the UFC likes to drain every last ounce of life out of their fighters that have a name, even the boring ones such as Holly.

Last edited:
Which one of these natural talents do you pick to win this epic female badass showdown ? Essentially a grappler vs Striker scenario ? I'm intrigued. I never watched Kayla besides Highlights, how's her stand up ? I rate this fight a 9/10. I actually can't pick. But I assume Kayla is the fresher more primed fighter. If her competition was close to elite in PFL I would pick her based on athletic mileage. Strong chance of a finish and fireworks. Wouldn't be mad if this was even in the main card.
WMMA is lackluster unless the elite girls are competing. Then it's exciting. This is an elite match up with a Icon of WMMA in Holly. Make your prediction.

View attachment 1038914View attachment 1038915

In the last few years Holly's super power has been her standup clinch/grappling. While she lost to Cyborg, she controlled a lot of that fight in the clinch and could not be taken down.

I think Harrison will encourage this clinch stuff as a Judoka but get frustrated and worn out after a massive cut.

Then when Harrison gasses after the first round she will even after being coached not to, rush in and get tagged with straight shots just like Ronda did. Holly's striking is really only magnified and effective when she is punishing fools who rush in.

Holly may get tossed once in the early going, but Harrison is not the kind of submission artist that will give Holly early trouble.

Holm handles her.

Also... Altitude Holly after winning this fight will go out and blast 30 minute 10k.

In the last few years Holly's super power has been her standup clinch/grappling. While she lost to Cyborg, she controlled a lot of that fight in the clinch and could not be taken down.

I think Harrison will encourage this clinch stuff as a Judoka but get frustrated and worn out after a massive cut.

Then when Harrison gasses after the first round she will even after being coached not to, rush in and get tagged with straight shots just like Ronda did. Holly's striking is really only magnified and effective when she is punishing fools who rush in.

Holly may get tossed once in the early going, but Harrison is not the kind of submission artist that will give Holly early trouble.

Holm handles her.
This is what I envisioned at first, but Holly is so fucking old now. I think Holly gets tossed early in the fight. If she can survive then she can possibly win due to Kayla getting gassed. I still put some money on Holly. Hopefully they don't stop the fight early.

She never has had ko power in her hands, ever.
I agree 100% …. But now she doesn’t seem to want to strike … she seems to want to wrestle and grind these days …. Even less killer in her then before

Back