Ken Shamrock is somehow CTE-proof

I think it's so he didn't get blasted directly in the face. Just the top of the head.
Good point. Everyone usually puts their hands up and no fans ever cared but it seems like he was inviting it so I guess he felt he couldn't

A lot of dumb and ignorant comments in this thread. Ken took a lot of damage in the second half of his MMA career--just look at how many fights he lost via TKO. But all of that also ignores the brutal training that characterized his MMA career (sparring at the Lion's Den was basically live fighting) and all of the other stuff he was into before MMA--street fights, wrestling, Tough Man, bouncing, football, etc. He also had a lot of issues with drugs, so yes, I'd say he's amazingly lucid given his career and life. That, and physically he looks very good, whereas Frye looks and sounds like a guy who, sadly, will probably not live much longer. Severn sounds about the same as he always has. I assume he always has and still does take care of himself.

Let's be honest, Ken wasn't the brightest bulb to begin with... so noticing a decline will be tougher to detect.

I hate to say it but Don Frye and Dan Severn sound a bit punchy here, but Shamrock still talks like he did 30 years ago.

Not bad for a guy who is 57, fought way too long, almost 50 pro fights, 11 KO/TKO losses. Also did a lot of pro wrestling in the attitude era where he's taking chair shots to the head and big bumps.

This should give hope to a guy like Overeem

Don's voice is just orgasmic.

I discovered Dan Severn for the first time watching WWE but wasn't really a big fan because he wasn't Stone Cold or Shawn Michaels. This guy was an amateur wrestling stud, UFC HOF and having fought and won more than 100 MMA fights. This has to be one of the manliest men ever.

Back