Kendrick Lamar v Drake beef

BACK WHEN HIP HOP WAS REAL AND ABOUT LYRICS AND CRAFTSMANSHIP

TAKE ME BACK TO BEFORE WE HAD THESE FAKE GANGSTERS

Joke's on you bro. That House of Pain album is a masterpiece. Most people only listened to Jump Around and bounced. The whole thing is amazing front to back, and one of the most unique hip hop albums of all time.

But the point is not lost. Even in the best eras of hip hop, you had bozos. Just seems like the ratio is skewed today the other way.

Lol. Eminem's lyrics have always been complete garbage and his voice is nails on a chalkboard. People always claim he's a great rapper but no one's actually wanted to listen to him in over two decades.
still better than Nas.

Eminem is a better rapper than Nas.
Lol, no. Just no.

I'm not even all over Nas' dick like a lot of old heads are, but there is no era of Eminem's career where he was better than Nas at his worst.

So they ain't respond to my diss track yet fam dis mean I won and I'm the #1 Rapper in TDot?

Tried listening to Kendrick Lamar. No offense but this is a dude who smells his own farts making music for people with 6000 mindfulness apps on their 12-camera iphone.

Y'all can keep that shit.

Never listened to any songs off of Good Kid Mad City?

Damn your ignorance is next level brah. Us 45+ folks heard rap when it was actually really good. Sorry you missed out.

As for best rapper not named Pac or Big. Lol those were good but Nas is maybe better than both. Then there's 90s Jay Z, Ghostface, Rakim, Andre 3000, krs one, cube, many more.

In the 90s Drake would of been in a boy band or a back up for Sisqo.

Current Rap is like Rock in the mid 90s to early 00s. It's un listenable.
There's still plenty of high-quality Hip Hop being made, it just isn't what sells to mainstream audiences. Gotta do some digging to get the good stuff, and most people don't have time for all of that. Nowadays, you have artists like Conway the Machine, Freddie Gibbs, Westside Gunn, JID, Mick Jenkins, Kendrick Lamar (of course), and if you like the really lyrical stuff, there's a new style popping up on the east coast called Drumless that focuses purely on lyricism. Some of the best Hip Hop writing I have ever heard coming out of this scene. Some amazing artists include Ka (my favorite Hip Hop artist ever), Billy Woods, Mach-Hommy, Estee Nack, MIKE, and Earl Sweatshirt. I agree that mainstream rap is mostly ass nowadays, but I have also never seen the underground Hip Hop scene so vibrant and full of talent ever before.

Last edited:
Never listened to any songs off of Good Kid Mad City?

I was listening to what people had recommended as well as what had the most views (same for Drake). Once I came across "Love" I decided to stop. The song you posted is better than what I had listened to but I don't seem to have much interest in his music.

Lamar's better than what I heard from Drake but considering the acclaim, he seems immensely overrated.

I was listening to what people had recommended as well as what had the most views (same for Drake). Once I came across "Love" I decided to stop. The song you posted is better than what I had listened to but I don't seem to have much interest in his music.

Lamar's better than what I heard from Drake but considering the acclaim, he seems immensely overrated.
Might just need to hear him over a familiar style of beat. I think his performance on Momma is up there with anything else that came out in the 90s

Back