Ketamine infusion treatment

How is your pain now?
I don't think I will really know if this works or not until after .

Basically all day yesterday I felt like i had just come home from surgery.

Generally speaking if I don't do anything strenuous then I don't have much pain.
(It is very rare as a father of two girls with 2 jobs that I get much lay around doing nothing time)

every car ride to drive the kids, every time I pick stuff up or go to physicall therapy pain gets big.

Last edited:
My friend has pain / nerve issues from her Active Duty military time overseas and is undergoing the same.

Do you have a broad choice of music? They suggested non-vocal music to her. She's listened to a few types; she likes Australian Aboriginal sounding music the most so far.

She's far along in treatment and has worn the goggles that sound like they have a kaleidoscope effect. She didn't care for that as much. Is this an option for you?

Finally, she's encountered largely discorporeal "beings". Eyes, shadows, and a dragon-like creature. She addresses them and they go away with only one instance of hearing something said among the experiences.

Either in treatment or personal use, have you seen or experienced seeing something that you feel might be a "being of some sort"? She's only tried this treatment, no prior use of Ketamine.

FYI, I updated the OP based on my experience throught first two days.

Some of your posts which i quoted here may have been covered in greater detail in the yellow portion of the first post.

I hope it gave you the pain relief you needed....

How near the K hole was you, was it like a Ketamine rim job........ Did you feel removed from your body........ Did you have any sexual feelings towards the staff.... It's okay, you can say you fancied the giant tranny..... Ketamine made you do it!!!!

Definitely yes to the k hole.

It is kind of hard to describe because I am coming in and out of consciousness through the experience and also having incredibly vivid and lucid dreams .

No visuals as of yet. And given that I have had visuals on prior K adventures amd how this is clearly a way way heavier dose and administered directly into my blood I am beginning to think that the K only gave me visuals in the past as part of a multiple substance scenario. I guess what I attributed to K visuals was probably more accurately the K pushing me over a threshold that other substances played a larger role in,.if that makes sense.

For whatever reason visuals for the most part were very rare for me, even on crazy high doses or combinations of strong substances. I got tracers a LOT, but really only maybe 3 occasions in my life occurred where I saw something that wasn't there.

I definitely had many past experiences where my visual perception was altered or augmented. Colors looking brighter and more vibrant, geometric shapes occurring in leaves or grass, slight moving of items in peripheral vision. But no talking dragons or multidimensional elves... yet.

55230307b82a2.jpeg

Which Burger King bro??

Come on man, you need to be more specific.!

Do it.......

It's got a 3 day detection window......😂

I saw urinalysis collection cups and drug screen paperwork there today.

They haven't asked me yet but I can't take the chance. If I popped a drug screen and had my pain meds taken away I would be in a LOT of trouble.

How is your pain now?
Still hard to say. If I go to physical therapy tomorrow that will give me a better idea, but we are still very early in the process.

i need to get in on this. i’d be like, “nurse, send me into the k-hole,” while putting on my astronaut helmet

The diagnosis I got which enabled me to be approved for this is CRPS

Complex
Regional
Pain
Syndrome

Sign me up!

CRPS

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.

I would imagine it would be tough to sell that unless you have a fairly well documented injury.

Honestly though how does that work?

3 days of relief and then if you still have the pain and also withdrawal? I don't really get it.

10 days of treatment, the objective is to "reset the opioid recptors" thus allowing more relief and less wasted medicine from having receptors already docked so to speak.

A decent analogy would be if you tried to park in a parking garage but there were no spaces available, this treatment in theory kicks a bunch of cars out so my pain meds have a place to park and do their thing.

Dude I hope it works
Me too!!

My friend has pain / nerve issues from her Active Duty military time overseas and is undergoing the same.

Do you have a broad choice of music?

yeah, I put in headphones and play youtube playlists (thru brave, so no ads)

If your sister is looking for calming music, may I suggest Ludovico Einaudi.

He is an Italian pianist and composer, his music is beautiful, generally not aggressive or.abrasive .
(a pet peeve of mine when I listen to jazz is getting railroaded by horn sections that dive bomb otherwise relaxing songs)

she likes Australian Aboriginal sounding music the most so far.

Cool. When I did a semester abroad in NZ and Austrailia I bought a didgeridoo and had some fun with it. I even eventually figured out circular breathing, but didn't practice enough to keep it up.

She's far along in treatment and has worn the goggles that sound like they have a kaleidoscope effect. She didn't care for that as much. Is this an option for you?

I have been wearing full cup earphones (sony DJ earphones) and i usually wear sunglasses, at least until the treatment starts, the nurse cuts the lights.

Finally, she's encountered largely discorporeal "beings". Eyes, shadows, and a dragon-like creature. She addresses them and they go away with only one instance of hearing something said among the experiences.

Either in treatment or personal use, have you seen or experienced seeing something that you feel might be a "being of some sort"? She's only tried this treatment, no prior use of Ketamine.

I have never met the DMT fairies, but not for a lack of trying. I had 2 very slight "break throughs" but never really got all the way across the wormhole.

No visuals for me thus far with the ketamine treatment, but I may add THC gummies to the mix, and I am told that they up the dosages, so maybe it will occur on another treatment session.

I'm going to guess your sister is not 6'3 226 pounds... right? Hallucinogens, from my purely anecdotal experiences tend to hit smaller females harder for obvious reasons. Also I have an extensive history with hallucinogens and ketamine, so I likely have a tolerance of some sort.

Best.bet for her in my humble opinion:

Calm state of mind, avoid stress especially in the hour or 2 prior to treatment.

Calming music.

Comfy clothes.

Positive outlook and good mood.

FYI, I updated the OP based on my experience throught first two days.

Some of your posts which i quoted here may have been covered in greater detail in the yellow portion of the first post.

Definitely yes to the k hole.

It is kind of hard to describe because I am coming in and out of consciousness through the experience and also having incredibly vivid and lucid dreams .

No visuals as of yet. And given that I have had visuals on prior K adventures amd how this is clearly a way way heavier dose and administered directly into my blood I am beginning to think that the K only gave me visuals in the past as part of a multiple substance scenario. I guess what I attributed to K visuals was probably more accurately the K pushing me over a threshold that other substances played a larger role in,.if that makes sense.

For whatever reason visuals for the most part were very rare for me, even on crazy high doses or combinations of strong substances. I got tracers a LOT, but really only maybe 3 occasions in my life occurred where I saw something that wasn't there.

I definitely had many past experiences where my visual perception was altered or augmented. Colors looking brighter and more vibrant, geometric shapes occurring in leaves or grass, slight moving of items in peripheral vision. But no talking dragons or multidimensional elves... yet.

Which Burger King bro??

Come on man, you need to be more specific.!

I saw urinalysis collection cups and drug screen paperwork there today.

They haven't asked me yet but I can't take the chance. If I popped a drug screen and had my pain meds taken away I would be in a LOT of trouble.

Still hard to say. If I go to physical therapy tomorrow that will give me a better idea, but we are still very early in the process.

The diagnosis I got which enabled me to be approved for this is CRPS

Complex
Regional
Pain
Syndrome

CRPS

Complex Regional Pain Syndrome.

I would imagine it would be tough to sell that unless you have a fairly well documented injury.

10 days of treatment, the objective is to "reset the opioid recptors" thus allowing more relief and less wasted medicine from having receptors already docked so to speak.

A decent analogy would be if you tried to park in a parking garage but there were no spaces available, this treatment in theory kicks a bunch of cars out so my pain meds have a place to park and do their thing.

Me too!!

yeah, I put in headphones and play youtube playlists (thru brave, so no ads)

If your sister is looking for calming music, may I suggest Ludovico Einaudi.

He is an Italian pianist and composer, his music is beautiful, generally not aggressive or.abrasive .
(a pet peeve of mine when I listen to jazz is getting railroaded by horn sections that dive bomb otherwise relaxing songs)

Cool. When I did a semester abroad in NZ and Austrailia I bought a didgeridoo and had some fun with it. I even eventually figured out circular breathing, but didn't practice enough to keep it up.

I have been wearing full cup earphones (sony DJ earphones) and i usually wear sunglasses, at least until the treatment starts, the nurse cuts the lights.

I have never met the DMT fairies, but not for a lack of trying. I had 2 very slight "break throughs" but never really got all the way across the wormhole.

No visuals for me thus far with the ketamine treatment, but I may add THC gummies to the mix, and I am told that they up the dosages, so maybe it will occur on another treatment session.

I'm going to guess your sister is not 6'3 226 pounds... right? Hallucinogens, from my purely anecdotal experiences tend to hit smaller females harder for obvious reasons. Also I have an extensive history with hallucinogens and ketamine, so I likely have a tolerance of some sort.

Best.bet for her in my humble opinion:

Calm state of mind, avoid stress especially in the hour or 2 prior to treatment.

Calming music.

Comfy clothes.

Positive outlook and good mood.

I really hope it helped.....

Day 3: Holy Fuck balls !!

I think I just had the heaviest trip of my life .
Tough to distinguish which trip was harder once you get to the point of ripping the fabric of reality.
This was one of those trips.

If you know you know and if you don't then pat yourself on the back for not being a goddamn lunatic.

Gotta go.

Last edited:
How is your pain now?

Only day 3 of 7 total days of treatment
(5on 2off 5on)

But so far it feels pretty good.
I'm at physical therapy and feel good.
(no weight training today, just stretching, massage and a few pt exercises)

Though I feel obliged to preface that statement that it is hard saying how much the disorienting temporary effect of the K is affecting me. And it is definitely affecting me.

I have a feeling one-2 nice pulls on the vape pen or a joint and I would be right back in candyland. Might have me a little.music jam sesson soon.

Last edited:
there’s no ketamine withdrawal

I'm not so sure I agree with you.

I am going to guess you mean in the sense of the physical sickness observed in cold turkey stopping heroine or meth...

But I think "withdrawal" really deserves to be treated with an open mind.

I am DEFINITELY feeling huge huge affects up to 12 hours plus after treatment.

I went 5-2 playing online chess in a k hole.
I hope this is a success. Or at least an interesting ride.
Me too.

An interesting ride,?
yeah, it is definitely that.

I tripped my fucking balls off in a doctor's office starting at 8am on a Wednesday morning. and I think my insurance is covering it.

I was actually thankful it wasn't my first rodeo and that I could tap back into that mindset of
" Yeah this is crazy as fuck but it will pass, just breathe"

As I had expected, they upped the dose.
I believe they said

day 1: 80
day 2: 100
day 3: 200

I don't know what the unit of measure is and I don't want to get caught investigating vials. I feel like that might not go over swimmingly.

This plus the 5mg THC gummy I took and I saw maybe the strongest visuals ever.

The peak was nuts.
Holding onto the floor so you don't fall off the ground kind of vibe if ya feel me.

No visuals as of yet. And given that I have had visuals on prior K adventures and how this is clearly a way way heavier dose and administered directly into my blood I am beginning to think that the K only gave me visuals in the past as part of a multiple substance scenario.

After today's session, I retract that statement. It is no longer true.
There was no other hallucinogens involved and definitely I was seeing shit.
Hard to describe due to the psychedelic interdimensional aspect of what I was experiencing, but yeah, loads of affects on the ol visuals, tracers, glowing, color fading and changing strobe fx combinations or all of that and more.

It was nuts.

Still ain't met the dmt fairies.

Did this, it worked like a sum' bitch.

Last edited:
Wait, what now? You're at a medical clinic getting fed ketamine for a shoulder injury?

Nice.

I'm not so sure I agree with you.

I am going to guess you mean in the sense of the physical sickness observed in cold turkey stopping heroine or meth...

But I think "withdrawal" really deserves to be treated with an open mind.

I am DEFINITELY feeling huge huge affects up to 12 hours plus after treatment.
i’m assuming that’s just the afterglow, for lack of the technical term (as i’m sure there is one). common in dissociatives. will feel like i’m walking sideways through an air that’s twice as dense & twice as rare hours after ketamine fun times. or like my head is stuck in a subwoofer not plugged in all the way or a massive seashell.

i imagine it’s gotta be pretty intense after a 4-hour iv drip regimen.

This is interesting as fuck. I didn't know they offered this for pain relief

i’m assuming that’s just the afterglow, for lack of the technical term (as i’m sure there is one). common in dissociatives. will feel like i’m walking sideways through an air that’s twice as dense & twice as rare hours after ketamine fun times. or like my head is stuck in a subwoofer not plugged in all the way or a massive seashell.

i imagine it’s gotta be pretty intense after a 4-hour iv drip regimen.
It's all day. I haven't really come back to a fully sober state between these sessions.

This is interesting as fuck. I didn't know they offered this for pain relief
Neither did I until recently..

I am a pretty extreme case. I have been on the max allowable opiate pain meds for a long time. I started asking my doctor/hospital staff wtf I was supposed to do when they did 2 MAJOR surgeries on me when I was already in pain the meds couldn't cut thru.

Long story short the path lead here.

Quick little day 4 update.

So my little experiment yesterday tells me that the mix of THC ...REALLY kicks this shit into another dimension.

I am going to probably skip the THC today, to see if it makes the amount of difference I expect it will and also from prior experience it feels like a good idea to take a break day. Friday I'll probably mix it up again. Hoping to rest today and zone out, maybe sleep. Honestly, I don't know if it would be great to put my brain thru that crazy of a trip consecutively.

Quick note: I can see normal for the first time since this started, which I take as a sign my body is adjusting and building a tolerance.

Last edited:
Reactions: 666

Sounds fun. They did not offer me any kaleidoscope goggles or visual enhancing goggles.

But I like that idea.
I might drop it in the memo box.

Day 5

Plan is to fall asleep while playing chess and listening to Ludovico Eìnaudi.

Good vibes.

I just won a chess game. In a k hole.

I don't even understand why I won
.they resigned
I had a nice battery lined up but I was playing pretty wild with little regard for Defense

Wtf is going on?

Update: I just got in trouble for playing chess. Bitch I am winning. Fuck these idiots that can't beat me while I am half way out of my mind.

anyway the nurse wants me to relax.

So I shall try.

Day 5

Plan is to fall asleep while playing chess and listening to Ludovico Eìnaudi.

Good vibes.

I just won a chess game. In a k hole.

I don't even understand why I won
.they resigned
I had a nice battery lined up but I was playing pretty wild with little regard for Defense

Wtf is going on?

Update: I just got in trouble for playing chess. Bitch I am winning. Fuck these idiots that can't beat me while I am half way out of my mind.

anyway the nurse wants me to relax.

So I shall try.

Enjoy buddy, hopefully you'll get some lasting relief........

Back