Kettlebell Club Swingers

Been really digging the cross body kettlebell swing

Man I could see myself launching bells across the place if I tried that. Absolutely hazardous to anything near me lol. Also possibly blowing out my knee.

Also I'm starting to reverse my thoughts on Turkish get ups. They are fantastic exercise but it's goddamn impossible to go heavy (40kg+) without fucking up a wrist or upper radial bone if you do higher reps of them. Yes, I am gripping them properly near the curve. Still heard a crunch in the radial area when the weight went across my arm as I was setting it down and now my wrist hurts like hell. Risk/reward doesn't seem worth it. Just go light.

Also I'm starting to reverse my thoughts on Turkish get ups. They are fantastic exercise but it's goddamn impossible to go heavy (40kg+) without fucking up a wrist or upper radial bone if you do higher reps of them. Yes, I am gripping them properly near the curve. Still heard a crunch in the radial area when the weight went across my arm as I was setting it down and now my wrist hurts like hell. Risk/reward doesn't seem worth it. Just go light.
Switched to bags to go heavy. You don't get the same overhead extension but it's 1 side shoulder loaded and can get much more weight up

Turns out kettlebells are better for running prep than actually running. I ditched my regular training to do couch to 5k for the last month and for the first time in my life, failed a physical readiness test.

I remember Frank Shamrock talking about this as by the end of his career his knees were shot and stated that he used KBs to keep his conditioning up to a certain level without any decline.
Can believe it. Some of those long cycles leave you gasping for air. Just a jump up 4kg to next bell , can't even get through a set of 10.

Kettlebell snatches are highly underrated. Do them.

Also, shield casted the 106lbs heavy club for a set of 2 each side and then a set of 4 each side. I reckon not many people can get that much club into the order position, let alone shield cast it without herniating a disc or having their arms ripped off.

Kettlebell snatches are highly underrated. Do them.

Also, shield casted the 106lbs heavy club for a set of 2 each side and then a set of 4 each side. I reckon not many people can get that much club into the order position, let alone shield cast it without herniating a disc or having their arms ripped off.
Hell no, that's a small population. Not many people have the grounding counter weight to not fly into a wall throwing a 100lb club away from body.

Snatches are fun. More so when you have technique and don't bruise your forearms everytime you do them.

If you only know one exercise you really haven't bothered to look up any info on kettlebells on YouTube.

Its an encyclopedia of free info for history, form, and entire workouts for beginners, experienced, and masters.

This is a good video, and if you're looking for more I highly recommend binge-watching a few dozen videos from 'Lebe Stark' YouTube Channel.

Starting with this -

Stole your response from your workout log thread as to not hijack it from progress.
Anything under the 28kg you can get away with shit form, now the bells are banging forearms, clanging together, coming down like wrecking balls. Maybe that vid will clean it up.

is there a list of KB workout names posted with small descriptions? Thinking there must be 500 exercises and some of them have 5 different names.
Need to watch some vids on some 2nd level movements . Hand to hand snatches, clean, press. Keep catching the bell too high or low and it's crashing into shoulder. Not a problem at 24kg, but the 40kg is turning into a sparring session.

is there a list of KB workout names posted with small descriptions? Thinking there must be 500 exercises and some of them have 5 different names.
Need to watch some vids on some 2nd level movements . Hand to hand snatches, clean, press. Keep catching the bell too high or low and it's crashing into shoulder. Not a problem at 24kg, but the 40kg is turning into a sparring session.
Youre snatching the 40kg?

Youre snatching the 40kg?
Limited times, not for more than 5 and only if the 36 is moving decent. It's not routine work, just "lemme see where we're at"
The 40 on hand to hand cleans & swings but again, only for 10-15 each side - not long.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back