Kettlebell workout progress

Your advertising made those bells out of stock from every seller. Looking for another of same style but not a big name brand. Not paying 3xs the mark up for an emblem.

Added in the swings , cleans and snatches to 5 days a week

This is pretty cool progress. Those who are doing the 10k challenge, are you doing the recommended other moves between sets? Some recommend squats, bench press, shoulder press etc?

This is pretty cool progress. Those who are doing the 10k challenge, are you doing the recommended other moves between sets? Some recommend squats, bench press, shoulder press etc?

Depends. If you're questioning your ability to do the complete 10K its best not to overload yourself by adding more exercises to it.

Stick to the double-handed swings.
Maybe add more exercises for the 2nd month.

Hell yes dude. Hope now you're motivated to keep swinging!

Work was far too inconsistent this week so I wasn't able to fit in another workout until this evening.

Decided to switch it up by doing a full workout (16 sets of 20 reps) of single-armed swings with my 40 pounder.

Honestly it was pretty easy. I even bumped it up to 25 reps halfway through.

What I didn't expect, which I probably should have, is my weighlifting gloves weren't enough to prevent the massive blisters from forming. :confused:

4 on each hand.

I felt them forming about a third through the workout and realized I'm going to have to make a decision - pussy out of this or deal with it later. I'm dealing with it by looking forward to the calluses.

Glad I stopped after 16 sets although I wasn't tired and was tempted to do another 8. I wonder how bad the blisters would be if I didn't stop.

Work was far too inconsistent this week so I wasn't able to fit in another workout until this evening.

Decided to switch it up by doing a full workout (16 sets of 20 reps) of single-armed swings with my 40 pounder.

Honestly it was pretty easy. I even bumped it up to 25 reps halfway through.

What I didn't expect, which I probably should have, is my weighlifting gloves weren't enough to prevent the massive blisters from forming. :confused:

4 on each hand.

I felt them forming about a third through the workout and realized I'm going to have to make a decision - pussy out of this or deal with it later. I'm dealing with it by looking forward to the calluses.

Glad I stopped after 16 sets although I wasn't tired and was tempted to do another 8. I wonder how bad the blisters would be if I didn't stop.
This is always my limiting factor for swinging. Last swing workout I did, I tore both my middle fingers open at the callous line. The mix between sweat making the skin soft and the rough handle on the kettle bell makes a bad combination

Depends. If you're questioning your ability to do the complete 10K its best not to overload yourself by adding more exercises to it.

Stick to the double-handed swings.
Maybe add more exercises for the 2nd month.
Yeah. Adding in the other moves just seems too much. I also don’t see the thought process of the rep count of 10-15-25-50 making sense. I’ll try 25x4

Yeah. Adding in the other moves just seems too much. I also don’t see the thought process of the rep count of 10-15-25-50 making sense. I’ll try 25x4
Dan John warns about being "too efficient" with your reps and sets. The sets of 50 are a nice change of pace. He also advocates sets of 15 and 35 to equal 50, and then you do 10 rounds of that.

Dan John warns about being "too efficient" with your reps and sets. The sets of 50 are a nice change of pace. He also advocates sets of 15 and 35 to equal 50, and then you do 10 rounds of that.
50 just gets to be a drawn out chore. Outside of counting, just repetitive movement for that long gets to you. 25-30 is a stretch

This is always my limiting factor for swinging. Last swing workout I did, I tore both my middle fingers open at the callous line. The mix between sweat making the skin soft and the rough handle on the kettle bell makes a bad combination

Developed a habit that spares my palm skin.

When doing my 10K double-handed swings I developed the bad habit of gripping the kettlebell firmly & loosely up to the palm. When I started doing single-handed swings I did the same and it are up my palm skin, badly.

Just through natural experimentation, meaning I didn't even realize I was doing it at first, I was gripping the kettlebell with my fingers, not putting it higher to make contact with my palm. This completely spares my palm skin to the point even took off my weightlifting gloves to check if any section of the skin on my hands were being irritated, but nope.

Finished 16 sets of 20 reps of one-handed swings with my 40-pounder with no blisters forming. That's a first in a month.

I'm sure this has already come up in the thread somewhere, but what kettlebell brands to you guys use?

My work gym (where I workout 2 days per week) has RKC Dragon Doors. They're pretty old.....probably at least 15 years. They're nice. I've heard that DD's are the gold standard for kettlebells, but they're super expensive.

At home I've got a 35 pound Kettlebell King, and a 28kg Onnit bell. In terms of quality I like them both, and would say they're about equal. The KBK has a slightly more matte finish....it's actually a really deep gray rather than black. The Onnit bell is black and shiny. But I don't sense any difference in the grip, it's a cosmetic difference. I've also got a 24kg bell that I bought back in like 2004, some ghetto brand that I don't remember. I didn't know much about KB's at the time.....I actually hate this bell because the handle is thin, and the gap between the handle and the bell is also small. Doesn't leave much room for your hands.

I want to get a 32kg bell, but KBK and Onnit are both sold out. Seems like they take forever to restock. I've got my eye on a Rep fitness bell. Pretty affordable with free shipping, and the reviews seem to put them on par with KBK, Onnit and Rogue.

I'm sure this has already come up in the thread somewhere, but what kettlebell brands to you guys use?
Cast irons 20lb - 70lb from walk in sporting good stores. Another from TRX. 2 Comp bells from Ebay, 2 more from Amazon. All of those are fantastic quality and 1/2 the price of KBK. Rogue's shipping is beyond fucking stupid, it's more than the bell. I think @deadshot138 picked up a few from Titan and likes them

My work gym (where I workout 2 days per week) has RKC Dragon Doors. They're pretty old.....probably at least 15 years. They're nice. I've heard that DD's are the gold standard for kettlebells, but they're super expensive.

At home I've got a 35 pound Kettlebell King, and a 28kg Onnit bell. In terms of quality I like them both, and would say they're about equal. The KBK has a slightly more matte finish....it's actually a really deep gray rather than black. The Onnit bell is black and shiny. But I don't sense any difference in the grip, it's a cosmetic difference. I've also got a 24kg bell that I bought back in like 2004, some ghetto brand that I don't remember. I didn't know much about KB's at the time.....I actually hate this bell because the handle is thin, and the gap between the handle and the bell is also small. Doesn't leave much room for your hands.

I want to get a 32kg bell, but KBK and Onnit are both sold out. Seems like they take forever to restock. I've got my eye on a Rep fitness bell. Pretty affordable with free shipping, and the reviews seem to put them on par with KBK, Onnit and Rogue.
I got my 32kg kettlebells from Walmart online for dirt cheap a few years ago. The handles need to be sanded as there is a seam from the cast on them, but other than that they work just fine I think

@deadshot138

I'm back on the kettlebells.

Took the better part of 2 months off, dammit, from exercising do to bullshit but I said after the new year I'd get back on it with a 10-day vacation up to Montana.

Got my 10-year-old nephew two sets of kettlebells.
Two 10 pounders.
Two 15 pounders.
Two 20 pounders.
And the same DVD set I've been working out with in the OP. He plays football & hockey so that's something he can do on the months he's not practicing & playing games.

Did the first workout with him, I used the two 20 pounders and he used one 10 pounder, and I got tired but never took an extended rest.

5 daya later I'm home so I fired up that same workout of 16 sets of 20 reps with my 40 -pounder and.... did the whole thing without getting tired & no rests.

I started this month at 215 pounds after my vacation and with doing these exercises and eating right lets see if I can get down to 200 pounds by February 3th.

I love ketbells but only know one excercise. Can you guys post pictures of good kettbel excercises. I wanna try something new

@deadshot138

I'm back on the kettlebells.

Took the better part of 2 months off, dammit, from exercising do to bullshit but I said after the new year I'd get back on it with a 10-day vacation up to Montana.

Got my 10-year-old nephew two sets of kettlebells.
Two 10 pounders.
Two 15 pounders.
Two 20 pounders.
And the same DVD set I've been working out with in the OP. He plays football & hockey so that's something he can do on the months he's not practicing & playing games.

Did the first workout with him, I used the two 20 pounders and he used one 10 pounder, and I got tired but never took an extended rest.

5 daya later I'm home so I fired up that same workout of 16 sets of 20 reps with my 40 -pounder and.... did the whole thing without getting tired & no rests.

I started this month at 215 pounds after my vacation and with doing these exercises and eating right lets see if I can get down to 200 pounds by February 3th.
Hell yea dude!

I love ketbells but only know one excercise. Can you guys post pictures of good kettbel excercises. I wanna try something new

If you only know one exercise you really haven't bothered to look up any info on kettlebells on YouTube.

Its an encyclopedia of free info for history, form, and entire workouts for beginners, experienced, and masters.

This is a good video, and if you're looking for more I highly recommend binge-watching a few dozen videos from 'Lebe Stark' YouTube Channel.

Starting with this -

If you only know one exercise you really haven't bothered to look up any info on kettlebells on YouTube.

Its an encyclopedia of free info for history, form, and entire workouts for beginners, experienced, and masters.

This is a good video, and if you're looking for more I highly recommend binge-watching a few dozen videos from 'Lebe Stark' YouTube Channel.

Starting with this -

Yep Lebe Stark has some awesome follow along videos too

Back