Kevin Holland made $533,000 this year.

Well I think most deserve more money but doubt that such significant jumps will occur and really not something I put too much concern into.
5 fights in 2020. 4 finishes. The murder of Jacare inside the Octagon. What more could UFC ask for? Pay the man his money.

Cot dam Murcians alway keeping the black man down.

in reality, hard workers get rewarded whatever their race

This is how you make it big in the UFC, Dana has always shown favoritism to active fighters, especially if they keep winning in amazing fashion.

The article itself says that all this is guesswork. Nevada no longer publishes fighter-salarys so there is no way of knowing how much Kevin makes. They've essentially just doubled his paycheck after a few fights, and we have no idea if the UFC works like that or not.

The article itself says that all this is guesswork. Nevada no longer publishes fighter-salarys so there is no way of knowing how much Kevin makes. They've essentially just doubled his paycheck after a few fights, and we have no idea if the UFC works like that or not.

This as well, we have no "real" idea anymore.

Total Career Earnings: $716,500
https://thesportsdaily.com/2020/12/13/kevin-holland-career-earnings-fox11/
2020 -
UFC on ESPN: Overeem vs Harris – May 16/20 – W (Hernandez) – $57,000 ($26,000 to show, $26,000 win bonus, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)
UFC Fight Night: Lewis vs Oleinik – Aug 8/20 – W (Buckley) – $111,000 ($28,000 to show, $28,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night bonus, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)*
UFC Fight Night: Covington vs Woodley – Sept 19/20 – W (Stewart) – $101,000 ($48,000 to show, $48,000 win bonus, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)*
UFC Fight Night: Hall vs Silva – Oct 31/20 – W (Ontiveros) – $155,000 ($50,000 to show, $50,000 win bonus, $50,000 Performance of the Night, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)*
UFC 256 – Dec 12/20 – W (Souza) – $109,000 ($52,000 to show, $52,000 win bonus, $5,000 fight week incentive pay)

That's not even including the 20k he got for the cancelled Woodley vs Edwards fight.

Put's into perspective inactive fighters like Leon and Francis who just sit and wait for title shots and big fights that never come. Fight as often as you can while you're healthy. You're not getting any younger.

He got a 50K bonus with the Souza KO.

Totally. All these guys should just pick up 5 wins in 7 months with 4 finishes, if they want to make more money. Why doesn't everyone do that?
C'mon man, don't deliberately miss the point. I'm essentially trying to call out guy's that just straight up refuse fights, then complain about lack of income and opportunities.

If your on a modest 20k show and you lose your contracted 3 fights, at he very east you can earn 60k in one year. You'll get cut, but you get a years wage and you can try an leverage your stint in the UFC into something else.

On another note I think the general pay is criminal low, but that's another topic.

C'mon man, don't deliberately miss the point. I'm essentially trying to call out guy's that just straight up refuse fights, then complain about lack of income and opportunities.

If your on a modest 20k show and you lose your contracted 3 fights, at he very east you can earn 60k in one year. You'll get cut, but you get a years wage and you can try an leverage your stint in the UFC into something else.

On another note I think the general pay is criminal low, but that's another topic.

I agree with you to a point. This is the career path they've chosen, so my empathy only goes so far. If you want to earn, you have to work. However I also understand that shit is often out of their control. Guys getting injured, staph, family emergencies, etc. can all prevent that type of a run from happening.

More importantly though, MMA politics and matchmaking fucks careers far more often than most people realize. Holland has been getting the right fights for where he's at. Maybe it's luck, maybe they want to build him up. Either way though, plenty of guys have tried to do what he's done but got knocked out in the process and then weren't in any condition to fight multiple more times that year, or they faced any number of other issues that prevented it from happening.

All I'm saying is if it was that simple to do what Holland has done, it wouldn't be noteworthy.

Had no idea his salary was that high honestly

didn't he just come from the contender series not long ago? shouldn't he be on that bread and water paycheck?

good for him anyways
Well he fought 5 timess with bonuses

I agree with you to a point. This is the career path they've chosen, so my empathy only goes so far. If you want to earn, you have to work. However I also understand that shit is often out of their control. Guys getting injured, staph, family emergencies, etc. can all prevent that type of a run from happening.

More importantly though, MMA politics and matchmaking fucks careers far more often than most people realize. Holland has been getting the right fights for where he's at. Maybe it's luck, maybe they want to build him up. Either way though, plenty of guys have tried to do what he's done but got knocked out in the process and then weren't in any condition to fight multiple more times that year, or they faced any number of other issues that prevented it from happening.

All I'm saying is if it was that simple to do what Holland has done, it wouldn't be noteworthy.
100% agree. There's been an element of luck too. I didn't mean to over simplify Kevin's situation as I know it's unique. But there are simply lessons you can learn from taking fight if your READY and HEALTHY. There's a lot of healthy fighters sitting on the side lines, over thinking there opponent choices. If you're turning down fights because your trying to game plan your way to a title, you're wasting your time, and losing out on money.

Well deserved, Kevin is a good example of why being an active fighter is great for a career. Dude changed his life this year and is now a serious contender for the belt. A real fighter not like these other guys that rarely fight but still cry about there pay and not getting a title shot lol.
Huh?
Holland is an example of one guy getting very fortunate to win 5 in a row in a year.
There are plenty of dudes who rush into fights, lose, and then that's it for them.

Do you people realize 1 out of every 2 fighters has to lose every fight?
If there are 10 Kevin Hollands and you tell them all "bro just fight 5 times and it will work out", it mathematically will not lol.

I am a stock trader and if I have like, one really good options contract hit or have a lucky year, I can pull just as much as this "crazy salary" yall are clamoring about Kevin Holland getting after literally going on one of the most unique remarkable runs in UFC history. In my industry the equivalent would be like cherrypicking one trader's exceptionally aggressive bet on a stock or options contract paying off and going "see worked for him, everyone should do this!" when in reality the math makes that a shitty decision and ruins a lot of people for the benefit of someone else.

The UFC is going to milk Holland and Chimaev for this anytime anywhere strategy when it comes to pressuring fighters to give up their bodies and career trajectories for the UFC's payscale, flimsy job security, and capricious matchmaking, but then turn around and let a Stipe or Conor hem and haw for 10 months.
Upcoming fighters are used as physical laborers to fill cards and create content for the broadcast, whereas those who receive actual promotional resources are cherished as investments on careful timelines.

Last edited:
Had no idea his salary was that high honestly

didn't he just come from the contender series not long ago? shouldn't he be on that bread and water paycheck?

good for him anyways
It's not just that he fought 5 times in one year.
It's the fact that he always was like that so he didn't even need to prove it to dana.
His whole career is crazy level of activity, and being on the contender obviously means dana followed.

UFC hasn't had a good company man like that since Donald Cerrone did his godly record setting streak.

the "anywher anytime " guys are very very few, and he is one of them.

Justin G got a top ten guy in his debut. In marketing not everybody debuts equal.

You know, half a million is way more than I make and its a great salary for 1 year. Props to him, but 5 fights in year should generate more than half a million imo. His pay would have been drastically less had he not had the year he did (obviously). 5 w's in 1 year is fantastic. He should be getting atleast 150K to show now but what do I know.
5 wins in a row, and his pay increases $2k a fight, wow, smh, that is not right.

This. Mfs complain about money, but fight once a year

That's is true, but there is another thing: a great up and coming fighter will smash the mediocre opposition, take little damage, be able to fight often and collect some fight night bonuses. When a fighter steps up a notch, he'll fight solid opposition, take more damage, will need longer camps to prepare and more time to rest.

I don't think low to mid tier fighters are paid bad in UFC, quite the contrary, they earn more than say boxers from respective level, but top guys are underpaid. I don't think $150 000 is enough for a guy to go to war, put a FOTY and then be unable to fight for another 9 months, because he needs time to recover. That's why we have all the diva shit and I get it (although I still don't agree with someone signing a contract, then bitching he is not paid enough).

Well deserved.

Active and entertaining fighter.

He deserved it, mma needs an always game, talented and entertaining fighters like him.

You know, half a million is way more than I make and its a great salary for 1 year. Props to him, but 5 fights in year should generate more than half a million imo. His pay would have been drastically less had he not had the year he did (obviously). 5 w's in 1 year is fantastic. He should be getting atleast 150K to show now but what do I know.
That number can only go higher for sure.

Back