Media Kevin Holland stopped a car theft attempt in his neighborhood this morning

I think you are misconstruing what I said.

This isn't something that will fit nicely into a box where the answers are clear, there are nuances and factors to deliberate.

It is possible for a grown man to see something going on and feel like he can make the situation better. It is up to that individual to determine the risks and make sure they don't get themselves killed. Should they choose to engage the situation they are taking on that responsibility and the repercussions.

It is funny you mention "my dad" in this type of situation because that actually happened to me when I was young. My biological dad lived in a pretty shitty neighborhood, which I would visit on weekends. There was a guy dealing drugs in the park where I played all the time. My dad confronted him and told him to get the fuck out of there and stop selling drugs in the complex, which as far as I know, is what happened, or at least he stopped being so brazen about it.

It was more important to my dad to keep his community from going downhill and keep kids from being negatively influenced so he took on a risk he determined was worthwhile. (He was also significantly bigger than the guy and that guy was as I recall a weak burnout junky)

Bad things can happen, that's life. But we need to choose what is worth fighting for and what risks are worth taking.

If YOU don't feel like any risks are worth taking that is fine, YOU are under no obligation to do so.

But that is a decision each person needs to make for themselves.
Good on your old man!
Don't be offended by the backlash. 90% of Sherdoggers are still haunted by the bullies they never stood up to.

Dude that shit is not worth it . Could have easily had a gun or knife

might be seen as the bitch post but a lot of idiots who join mma gyms and martial arts dojos think they should be heros when the opportunity presents it self. NO you have your own life and family . do not risk your life or stick your neck out for others because often times when you need it most no ones doing that for you.
Breh. At some point letting criminals run free is just cowardice. If you wouldn't do it fine.

But not everybody is a selfish wimp like you.

Big props to him, he has always come off like a humble, good dude to me even though a lot of people seem to hate him

LORD knows most people these days would let it happen and not think twice. Sad people are actually criticizing him for being a hero

Breh. At some point letting criminals run free is just cowardice. If you wouldn't do it fine.

Exactly, what crime is worth stopping? If a woman is being raped do you let it happen because you might get stabbed?

A lot of people think like that, sad how disconnected, and selfish many people are these days

I feel like such a cunt because the first thing I noticed is that nobody is wearing a mask in those pics. ffs

My first thought as well. Very easily could’ve gotten shot or stabbed. You never know what these guys have on them.
stabbing a MMA fighter taller than you with a little pocket knife... good luck buddy.

I love that hold he had him in. So degrading. Love it.

its not about being selfish. and the police are there for a reason. whats selfish is your family losing you to you making a dumb decision trying to be a hero.

its not about being selfish. and the police are there for a reason. whats selfish is your family losing you to you making a dumb decision trying to be a hero.
Your life is not precious when you acquiesce to wrong. A heroic death follows a heroic life.

I think you are misconstruing what I said.

This isn't something that will fit nicely into a box where the answers are clear, there are nuances and factors to deliberate.

It is possible for a grown man to see something going on and feel like he can make the situation better. It is up to that individual to determine the risks and make sure they don't get themselves killed. Should they choose to engage the situation they are taking on that responsibility and the repercussions.

It is funny you mention "my dad" in this type of situation because that actually happened to me when I was young. My biological dad lived in a pretty shitty neighborhood, which I would visit on weekends. There was a guy dealing drugs in the park where I played all the time. My dad confronted him and told him to get the fuck out of there and stop selling drugs in the complex, which as far as I know, is what happened, or at least he stopped being so brazen about it.

It was more important to my dad to keep his community from going downhill and keep kids from being negatively influenced so he took on a risk he determined was worthwhile. (He was also significantly bigger than the guy and that guy was as I recall a weak burnout junky)

Bad things can happen, that's life. But we need to choose what is worth fighting for and what risks are worth taking.

If YOU don't feel like any risks are worth taking that is fine, YOU are under no obligation to do so.

But that is a decision each person needs to make for themselves.

you are in for a rude awakening with this kind of logic pal.

Your life is not precious when you acquiesce to wrong. A heroic death follows a heroic life.

you have to understand what death carries. and what dying to young carries. and what cost that has on the people who are really important to you. not some stranger.

Sucks Kevin thinks he lost his last fight.

Back