Kevin Lee responds to Dillon Danis and the $100,000 winner take all submission match

Just released. Would be interesting considering Kevin is not nearly the jiu jitsu guy as dennis. is his wrestling enough to offset it?

Lee absolutely fucks him up in MMA with ease.
In sub grappling Danis likely gets a heel hook or some form of leg lock.

Started bjj at 15. He got his black belt at like 23 from marcelo, that's a feat in its self.

He was a brown belt world champ in gi and nogi at 21 in absolute divisions (ibjjf and abu dhabi orgs). He is a bjj phenom with decent takedowns, great back takes, and VERY good leg locks.

Dannis would take Lee's leg home and hang it over his fire place.

He gets too much shit for being cocky, hes a young impressionable guy who became the bjj coach of one of the biggest sport athletes at the age of 23. People forget how young he is.
Hey, I stand corrected. Can't even front, good shit

Danis would heel hook Lee, or something like that. Lee is good, but Danis is levels above Lee in terms of grappling. Lee would ground and pound him, but in straight grappling, Danis would submit Lee.

Props to Kevin for "keeping it real".

He admittedly isn't willing to put up 100k unless they can meet somewhere in between, with regards to the rules. Him taking on Danis in a sub only jits match is a straight up bad gamble.

But at the end of the day, he just should have kept his mouth shut. I wouldn't be very interested in training with Lee, if this is how he carries himself when interviewed.

That was my thinking as well.

Kevin talked trash about Dillons BJJ - said he often got the better of him rolling. Danis challenged him to put his money where his mouth is via a $100k grappling match and Lee pussied out - he tried to change it to incorporate strikes which :

a) Has no bearing on Lee's original claims (that he can outgrapple Danis)
b) Cannot happen as neither Bellator nor UFC would allow it

That sums it up. Lee pussied out and got owned

Is this really a conversation? In pure grappling Danis wins this so easily.. how is this even being debated? Of course Lee wins in an MMA match, but in terms of straight grappling, I think it's obvious as to who hasn't a clue about the grappling scene. I wish this grappling match was taking place with odds and all.

Anyone that says anything other than : Lee wins MMA, Dannis wins pure grappling, Lee wins in grappling with GNP

should probably be silenced for a while

Why everybody act like Khabib is just a “wrestler” and that Sambo doesnt have most if not all the same submissions as BJJ?

Note to world, Sambo has like a couple thousand subs within the style.....and usually you learn the defenses along with the offenses.

He just happens to acknowledge that positional grappling in MMA is far superior than jumping to subs and losing very important positioning.

Go to any grappling gym, you will hear the same shit, “position over submission”
Uh, where the fuck did Khabib come from? We's talking about Kevin lee I thought? Khabib is a totally different animal.

CAn kevin lee affford 100km or danis put the money up as a prize himself, so he (danis) only wins his own 100k if danis wins.

Started bjj at 15. He got his black belt at like 23 from marcelo, that's a feat in its self.

He was a brown belt world champ in gi and nogi at 21 in absolute divisions (ibjjf and abu dhabi orgs). He is a bjj phenom with decent takedowns, great back takes, and VERY good leg locks.

Dannis would take Lee's leg home and hang it over his fire place.

He gets too much shit for being cocky, hes a young impressionable guy who became the bjj coach of one of the biggest sport athletes at the age of 23. People forget how young he is.

lmao

Kevin lee would ching chong all over Dillions ass

Anyone that says anything other than : Lee wins MMA, Dannis wins pure grappling, Lee wins in grappling with GNP

should probably be silenced for a while

You should take a walk

I bet you thought Brendan Shaub was going to get sub'd in grappling as well

You should take a walk

I bet you thought Brendan Shaub was going to get sub'd in grappling as well
really bro. REALLY BRO? I get that tonight is a big fight, but dont go so hard on the drinks THIS EARLY, you'll miss the damn main event.

This whole thread is literally based on a video where we HAVE KEVIN LEE HIMSELF SAYING DANNIS WOULD SUB HIM IN STRAIGHT GRAPPLING, and you're trying to be a funny guy telling me "take a walk"

Jesus christ

Since you want to be a funny guy, find a single post of mine saying Brendan would get subbed against Cyborg. I'll paypal you $1000

I hope he drops sick GnP and gets ruled a no contest.

Back