Khabib beat 20 cans before facing real competition

Khabib wouldn't have had 16 fights before the UFC if he'd been increasing his competition during it and actually at all advancing.
Who were the great LWs outside the UFC he was supposed to fight? Once in the UFC he won 14 in a row and not one of them can be called a "Can". Not sure what the problem is?

Who were the great LWs outside the UFC he was supposed to fight? Once in the UFC he won 14 in a row and not one of them can be called a "Can". Not sure what the problem is?
Are you seriously asking if there were other LWs not in the UFC from 2008-2011??? Jesus fucking Christ man.

WEC, Bellator, Strikeforce, Dream, etc., all still existed back then and were competing with the UFC for great LWs. Hell Strikeforce and M-1, who Khabib fought for 3x, were even co-promoting at this time.

It was the fucking Golden Age of LWs being spread across MMA promotions instead of consolidated in the UFC, and Khabib was instead fighting cans.

Khabib is a fantastic fighter, but he is no where near the GOAT talks for me. The quality of most of his opponents were low, and the higher quality fighters were all strikers, besides Tibau who, by most accounts, won the fight.
I been saying lmao all these "he never lost a round! What dominance!!!1121" mfs casually ignore him going 0 for 13 in takedown attempts against Tibau

Like sure. Officially 3 inept judges gave Khabib every round. But 2 judges scored the Sanchez/Kampmann fight 29-28 for Diego and anyone with a brain can tell Sanchez got beat tf up

I think Khabibs lack of activity is a glaring factor to remove him from the GOAT conversations. He fought 13 UFC fights in 8 years. He has like 4 top 10 wins (Barboza, Poirier, Gaethje, McGregor). Apparently Healy and Iaquinta were ranked but I dont think either win age particularly well. He beat dos Anjos before his resurgence in an absolute lay and pray stall fest. Meanwhile during Khabibs time in the UFC, Cerrone fought 31 times (2 more UFC fights in 8 years than Khabib has career fights)

Are you seriously asking if there were other LWs not in the UFC from 2008-2011??? Jesus fucking Christ man.

WEC, Bellator, Strikeforce, Dream, etc., all still existed back then and were competing with the UFC for great LWs. Hell Strikeforce and M-1, who Khabib fought for 3x, were even co-promoting at this time.

It was the fucking Golden Age of LWs being spread across MMA promotions instead of consolidated in the UFC, and Khabib was instead fighting cans.
So Khabib is supposed to start his career fighting who? Better yet he is supposed to bounce from WEC to SF to Bellator while developing as a Mixed Martial Artist? That is not just silly it is unrealistic.

If you want to say he has a padded record that's fine. I don't really care that he is 29-0. I don't care if he fought 16 cans coming into the UFC. He did not jump straight into title fights did he?

Again Khabib is not my GOAT but the OP having Alex "Coat Tail Rider" Pereira as his Avatar while complaining Khabib fought "Cans" before going on a 14-0 streak in the UFC with ZERO cans in that time is just plain silly. Alex has been in 4 UFC title fights and he hasn't even had as many fights as the # of Cans Khabib is alleged to have fought.

So Khabib is supposed to start his career fighting who? Better yet he is supposed to bounce from WEC to SF to Bellator while developing as a Mixed Martial Artist? That is not just silly it is unrealistic.

If you want to say he has a padded record that's fine. I don't really care that he is 29-0. I don't care if he fought 16 cans coming into the UFC. He did not jump straight into title fights did he?

Again Khabib is not my GOAT but the OP having Alex "Coat Tail Rider" Pereira as his Avatar while complaining Khabib fought "Cans" before going on a 14-0 streak in the UFC with ZERO cans in that time is just plain silly. Alex has been in 4 UFC title fights and he hasn't even had as many fights as the # of Cans Khabib is alleged to have fought.
How are you honestly a 2009 account spouting such fucking garbage as to be trying to pretend from fucking 2008-2011 while Khabib was crushing cans in random buttfuck promotions that you had to develop outside the UFC against nobodies and that was normal?

The fucking present UFC LW champion at the time that Khabib finally joined was Frankie who had 1 more fight, already defended 3x, and been their since his 6th fight. He gets beat by Benson who had then 17 fights too, and had already been WEC champ back in his 11th fight. Benson's defending against guys like Gilbert who had been WEC and Strikeforce champs within his first 10 fights and Pettis who was WEC champ at 14 fights.

Everybody else back then had ZERO problem fighting actual quality opposition outside the UFC and actually advancing up the LW rankings to better and better competition by doing so. Half the goddamn rankings weren't even in the UFC. His record back then is a complete joke for what was possible with the UFC not yet having a monopoly on the LWs and tons of them being elsewhere still and available to fight outside the UFC. Let alone just actually being in the UFC itself which was taking LWs with much less fights.

Both of which though would've required Khabib fighting anybody or accomplishing anything of note instead of beating nobodies.

How are you honestly a 2009 account spouting such fucking garbage as to be trying to pretend from fucking 2008-2011 while Khabib was crushing cans in random buttfuck promotions that you had to develop outside the UFC against nobodies and that was normal?

The fucking present UFC LW champion at the time that Khabib finally joined was Frankie who had 1 more fight, already defended 3x, and been their since his 6th fight. He gets beat by Benson who had then 17 fights too, and had already been WEC champ back in his 11th fight. Benson's defending against guys like Gilbert who had been WEC and Strikeforce champs within his first 10 fights and Pettis who was WEC champ at 14 fights.

Everybody else back then had ZERO problem fighting actual quality opposition outside the UFC and actually advancing up the LW rankings to better and better competition by doing so. Half the goddamn rankings weren't even in the UFC. His record back then is a complete joke for what was possible with the UFC not yet having a monopoly on the LWs and tons of them being elsewhere still and available to fight outside the UFC. Let alone just actually being in the UFC itself which was taking LWs with much less fights.

Both of which though would've required Khabib fighting anybody or accomplishing anything of note instead of beating nobodies.
You are really worked up about Khabib fighting nobodies from 2008-2011. But you forget Khabib was also a nobody. All of his fights were in Russia and the Ukraine but you think he should have been fighting for US companies like WEC, Strikeforce or the UFC? Did any single one of those orgs offer him a contract back then?

I really don't care about the 16-0 record coming into the UFC. I really don't care that he was 29-0. I don't care about up and coming guys padding their record on the regional circuit. Fedor was crushing cans but he was holding a world title for a bunch of them. Jon Jones is holding up the HW division carrying around the "Undisputed" title when he never beat a HW champion past or present and is running from the Interim Title holder. Now he is still fighting Stipe (fine as it was previously booked) and yet lobbying for Alex Pereira. That is an issue.

Khabib went 14-0 in the UFC and none of them were "Cans". He left too soon IMO but you cannot say he didn't earn his UFC title and he did defend it 3 times. Not his fault he won a Vacant title vs Realtor Al. Tony got hurt, Max got pulled due to weight cut last second, Chiesa got cut in the bus attack, Felder got cock blocked by the NY commission. Khabib left too soon and I would have liked to see if he could have gone on a run the likes of GSP as LW is a deep shark tank.

And then he dominated the "real" competition
He didn't "Dominate" Izzy in MMA. They are 1-1 and Alex got a "Standing TKO" in a fight he was losing in the 5th round. Izzy KO'd him cold. How is that Dominating?

You are really worked up about Khabib fighting nobodies from 2008-2011. But you forget Khabib was also a nobody. All of his fights were in Russia and the Ukraine but you think he should have been fighting for US companies like WEC, Strikeforce or the UFC? Did any single one of those orgs offer him a contract back then?

I really don't care about the 16-0 record coming into the UFC. I really don't care that he was 29-0. I don't care about up and coming guys padding their record on the regional circuit. Fedor was crushing cans but he was holding a world title for a bunch of them. Jon Jones is holding up the HW division carrying around the "Undisputed" title when he never beat a HW champion past or present and is running from the Interim Title holder. Now he is still fighting Stipe (fine as it was previously booked) and yet lobbying for Alex Pereira. That is an issue.

Khabib went 14-0 in the UFC and none of them were "Cans". He left too soon IMO but you cannot say he didn't earn his UFC title and he did defend it 3 times. Not his fault he won a Vacant title vs Realtor Al. Tony got hurt, Max got pulled due to weight cut last second, Chiesa got cut in the bus attack, Felder got cock blocked by the NY commission. Khabib left too soon and I would have liked to see if he could have gone on a run the likes of GSP as LW is a deep shark tank.
Khabib literally fought for M-1 which was co-promoting with Strikeforce at the time. Stop with the nonsense that it was perfectly normal to be 16-0 and still fighting for random dive promotions, let alone how bad everybody was he was fighting. Especially as a Sambo world champ who therefore had an existing combat background.

The dude was hiding crushing cans instead of fighting up the rankings like everybody else was doing at the time. His father even admitted as such that they wanted Khabib to have a bunch of experience before signing somewhere better.

It worked out as he kept the 0, but that was exactly why Khabib wasn't fighting in WEC, Strikeforce, Bellator, Dream, Shooto, or hell the UFC: they didn't want a hard fight.

Khabib literally fought for M-1 which was co-promoting with Strikeforce at the time. Stop with the nonsense that it was perfectly normal to be 16-0 and still fighting for random dive promotions, let alone how bad everybody was he was fighting. Especially as a Sambo world champ who therefore had an existing combat background.

The dude was hiding crushing cans instead of fighting up the rankings like everybody else was doing at the time. His father even admitted as such that they wanted Khabib to have a bunch of experience before signing somewhere better.

It worked out as he kept the 0, but that was exactly why Khabib wasn't fighting in WEC, Strikeforce, Bellator, Dream, Shooto, or hell the UFC: they didn't want a hard fight.
You are missing the fact that I don't care. He could have fought 100 Cans and came in to the UFC. I don't really care what he did before the UFC.

When he arrived in 2011 The UFC was just consolidating the lighter weight classes. They merged the WEC at the end of 2010. They bought Strikeforce in early 2011 but "Kept them Separate". Last event was Jan 2013.

Khabib was just another prospect in 2011. Hector Lombard was a killer with a padded record outside the UFC. 31W-2L-1D-1NC record with a 25 fight undefeated streak 24W-1D. Then he came to the UFC and went 3-8-1NC in the UFC losing 5 in a row to end his run. Its not what they do outside the elite levels it is what they do when they get there.

Back