Khabib hinting at Sadulaev making an MMA transition

He gets any striking he'd be an absolute killer in middleweight and light heavyweight where there's little to no wrestling.

A better than wrestler than Cejudo but he'd have a long road ahead for him to make the transition.

Cejudo had three years of amateur boxing training/competing in school halls before he started training for MMA.

Unless Sadulaev has been low key training BJJ there are likely hobbiest blue belts his size who will be catching him for his first six months of BJJ training.

He's certainly out of prime in wrestling. Watched him last year in Belgrade. Awful for his standards. He can still probably beat lower divisions (86) but it's time for a switch for sure.

Unbelievable that he's the best in the world at 213 lbs, but they look the EXACT same size.
<{MingNope}>

Is the "No comments!" supposed to be the hint at him transitioning to MMA?
<KhabibBS>
Dude is a god in his world. He's only 27 and could easily break Medved's record of 10 gold medals. Going to MMA would be stupid.

Unless Sadulaev has been low key training BJJ there are likely hobbiest blue belts his size who will be catching him for his first six months of BJJ training.
tkAslxg.jpeg

A better than wrestler than Cejudo but he'd have a long road ahead for him to make the transition.

Cejudo had three years of amateur boxing training/competing in school halls before he started training for MMA.

Good luck to any hobbist tryng to sweep this guy, impossible. And to hyper extend one of his limbs from the guard, you'll have to be a freak of nature. Same goes for his neck. Hobbist black belts wouldn't probably tap this dude. Black belt competitors, even regional ones, maybe. Fucking Rickson needed 1 hour to tap Schultz the first time they rolled. You have no idea what you are talking about and probably have never rolled with a real world class athlete.

Good luck to any hobbist tryng to sweep this guy, impossible. And to hyper extend one of his limbs from the guard, you'll have to be a freak of nature. Same goes for his neck. Hobbist black belts wouldn't probably tap this dude. Black belt competitors, even regional ones, maybe. Fucking Rickson needed 1 hour to tap Schultz the first time they rolled. You have no idea what you are talking about and probably have never rolled with a real world class athlete.

I can’t say I really know exactly what would happen if a wrestler like Sadulaev tried out BJJ for the first.

Any evidence of you rolling with a world class athlete other than anonymous/unsubstantiated online boasts? Most people generally who are actively training aren’t rolling with active Olympians, mainly because Olympians are doing Olympian shit.

I do know of a former Olympic wrestler (Ukraine) near me who was several years removed from their Olympic days who entered a BJJ tournament in the blue belt category and lost a match.

I googled the idea of an Olympic wrestler getting into BJJ for the first time and found other people encountering similar experiences to mine;

No Sadulaev is a world class athlete among world class athletes. He would crush those bjj stylists.

I can’t say I really know exactly what would happen if a wrestler like Sadulaev tried out BJJ for the first.

Any evidence of you rolling with a world class athlete other than anonymous/unsubstantiated online boasts? Most people generally who are actively training aren’t rolling with active Olympians, mainly because Olympians are doing Olympian shit.

I do know of a former Olympic wrestler (Ukraine) near me who was several years removed from their Olympic days who entered a BJJ tournament in the blue belt category and lost a match.

I googled the idea of an Olympic wrestler getting into BJJ for the first time and found other people encountering similar experiences to mine;

I'm an old fuck. Been training BJJ since the 90s. In the early 00s, when I was a blue belt with some 4 or 5 years of training, I rolled for a few times with an olympic champion, João Derly, a judoka from my hometown. He was a master double legger, that was fucked by the IJF ban on leg attacks and retired from Judo competition soon after. Anyway, GOOD LUCK trying to submit, or even do ANYTHING AT ALL, to an athlete on the level of these guys (Olympic champion calyber athletes). They're just a different kind of beast, nothing works. You either need to have freakish strength plus a decent ammount of technique, or a crazy high level, meaning "started training since 2 yers of age" level of technique to be able to handle these guys. It's a real eye opener, when you simply can't do ANYTHING to another man your size. Jiu Jitsu ain't magic you know, the laws of physics still apply.

Back