Khabib left the sport, could have avoided a Renan Barao fate. Losses do not define a fighter*

Where you at to clean this thread from the troll posts... !?

Not true. Khabib is barely a top 20. Do some research and you'll see just how not close he is.
In some made up rankings but how important is that??

Khabib was relieved to have won without his father, as well as have gotten through the fight with his injuries and horrific weight cut. But he wasn't crying because his career was over.

You can listen to his stories, but we know for a fact he didn't retire that night but instead took another 5 months to do so. He continued to be ranked as well as tested by USADA, and both require active status with the UFC, which Khabib could've ended any time he wanted to by actually and formally informing the UFC of his retirement.

HOW ARE RANKINGS DETERMINED?
Rankings were generated by a voting panel made up of media members. The media members were asked to vote for who they feel are the top fighters in the UFC by weight-class and pound-for-pound. A fighter is only eligible to be voted on if they are in active status in the UFC.

https://www.ufc.com/rankings

RETIREMENT RESPONSIBILITIES
For USADA and UFC anti-doping purposes, UFC athletes who retire from competitive sport must promptly inform the UFC in writing through fax, courier, or email of their retirement. Athletes who have not formally notified UFC of their retirement, or otherwise ceased their contractual relationship with UFC, shall remain subject to the requirements of an athlete in the UFC Registered Testing Pool (UFC RTP), including the obligation to submit to doping control upon request.

https://ufc.usada.org/testing/retirement/

Retiring isn't something you just say, there are actually steps you need to take and Khabib actively wasn't taking them. I mean, he literally asked at the post-fight press conference to be ranked #1 P4P in the next rankings. Had he actually been retiring that would've been impossible as he'd have been pulled from being eligible. He knew he'd fake retired.

We know Khabib didn't actually retire until March 2021 as that's when both stopped as that's when he finally actually did formally retire. His stories are verifiably just stories. He was contemplating retiring, and eventually went through with it, because he himself was physically, mentally, spiritually, whatever done with it. That's it. Personally it's IMO most likely because he couldn't make LW anymore and didn't want to risk trying for 30-0, as father always wanted him to retire at, at WW, but it's definitely not the nonsense he talks about while doing the opposites of.

"Mama made me retire despite the fact I fought again anyways" is just propaganda the dude puts out to make it seem like he was invincible and could've continued forever had it just been up to him. Same way he recently basically said he'd still be reigning today if were up to him. It's all nonsense for his image. I don't fault the guy for promoting himself, but that's all it is. Just watch his actual actions.
you still banging on about this conspiracy? you just cut and pasted from all the other threads you have posted it on.
You're quoting all this as fact and then saying ' personally' , 'IMO' so what is it? its not really fact at all, its just that you cant let go of your fanatical hatred, and that what it is, of Khabib remaining un beaten and whipping your favourite fighter so convincingly.

Khabib did not left this sport, he left fighting in it

Barao, for you noobs, lost his debut pro fight, and then went on a 32 fight win streak (there was a No Contest sprinkled in there)

At 32-1, going into his fight vs TJ Dillashaw to defend his belt, Dana White called him the P4P best fighter in the world. (https://www.dailynews.com/2014/05/2...ao-best-pound-for-pound-fighter-in-the-world/)

That's right

Barao was so good, that he was considered one of the P4P best fighters in the world, and the #1 best by Dana.

Imagine if he left the sport before the TJ fight, he would have had 3 UFC title defenses, sound familiar?

Imagine how different his legacy would have been, had he called it quits, like Khabib. 32-1, 3 title defenses, 32 fight win streak. He would be remembered as an all time great.

He has now gone 2-8 in his last 10 fights, which no one would have ever predicted before his loss to TJ.

Attributing future success, based on past success, is simply not reliable in determining greatness. Anyone who has followed the sport for a while knows this. Your favourite fighter will drop off, it happens to everybody. Khabib-era fans have not seen anything like it yet in their fan-lifetime, so the idea is foreign to them.

Khabib had a stellar career, obviously was one of the most dominant fighters we have ever seen, but don't pretend that because he only struggled with Tibau that he would go 50-0. You cannot attribute make-believe future wins to his legacy.

Careers ending weakly/badly do not discredit a fighter's massive accomplishments. Anderson Silva, for example, had 13 UFC title fight wins, but he ended his MMA career taking on a bunch of losses. You can't tell me that Khabib's 'legacy' is even remotely comparable to Silva's (PEDs yes yes I know) just because he kept fighting past his peak.

In b4 Khabib living rent free in my head, this is an MMA forum where we talk about MMA fighters. This thread is made as a response to the GOAT polls that have been made (Jones v Khabib, DJ vs Khabib)

your mistake was using Barao and not Fedor as the example.

Barao, for you noobs, lost his debut pro fight, and then went on a 32 fight win streak (there was a No Contest sprinkled in there)

At 32-1, going into his fight vs TJ Dillashaw to defend his belt, Dana White called him the P4P best fighter in the world. (https://www.dailynews.com/2014/05/2...ao-best-pound-for-pound-fighter-in-the-world/)

That's right

Barao was so good, that he was considered one of the P4P best fighters in the world, and the #1 best by Dana.

Imagine if he left the sport before the TJ fight, he would have had 3 UFC title defenses, sound familiar?

Imagine how different his legacy would have been, had he called it quits, like Khabib. 32-1, 3 title defenses, 32 fight win streak. He would be remembered as an all time great.

He has now gone 2-8 in his last 10 fights, which no one would have ever predicted before his loss to TJ.

Attributing future success, based on past success, is simply not reliable in determining greatness. Anyone who has followed the sport for a while knows this. Your favourite fighter will drop off, it happens to everybody. Khabib-era fans have not seen anything like it yet in their fan-lifetime, so the idea is foreign to them.

Khabib had a stellar career, obviously was one of the most dominant fighters we have ever seen, but don't pretend that because he only struggled with Tibau that he would go 50-0. You cannot attribute make-believe future wins to his legacy.

Careers ending weakly/badly do not discredit a fighter's massive accomplishments. Anderson Silva, for example, had 13 UFC title fight wins, but he ended his MMA career taking on a bunch of losses. You can't tell me that Khabib's 'legacy' is even remotely comparable to Silva's (PEDs yes yes I know) just because he kept fighting past his peak.

In b4 Khabib living rent free in my head, this is an MMA forum where we talk about MMA fighters. This thread is made as a response to the GOAT polls that have been made (Jones v Khabib, DJ vs Khabib)
A couple of things jumped out at me here.
I prefer a fighter to go out on top rather than stick around and get beaten up and battered for a few years. I think Khabib is very beatable and any talk about this mythical strength and takedown ability is a joke. All you have to do is watch the Tibau fight and understand that Tibau must be Superman if that's the case. As far as Barao I think you are leaving out something when talking about his career. He was one of the fighters who changed drastically with USADA. Credit to Rogan for having the cojones to talk about that type of stuff while it was happening. Not many did then and nobody really talks about the huge change it had on fighters at the time.

Losses actually define a fighter. Aldo went 10 yrs undefeated, lost a few fights and got sh**** on. Same thing happened with Fedor, Anderson. When you lose at the end of your career its like people forget everything you did before. Almost like you're only as good as your last fights.

Khabib came out on top.

Losses actually define a fighter. Aldo went 10 yrs undefeated, lost a few fights and got sh**** on. Same thing happened with Fedor, Anderson. When you lose at the end of your career its like people forget everything you did before. Almost like you're only as good as your last fights.

Khabib came out on top.
On top of what?

Since USADA came to the picture, Henan went 1-7 in the UFC.
His decline is probably linked to PED's, just my 2 cents.

Reactions: HHJ
you still banging on about this conspiracy? you just cut and pasted from all the other threads you have posted it on.
You're quoting all this as fact and then saying ' personally' , 'IMO' so what is it? its not really fact at all, its just that you cant let go of your fanatical hatred, and that what it is, of Khabib remaining un beaten and whipping your favourite fighter so convincingly.
Anyone who reads that guys posts knows he has zero credibility. All he ever used to post about was how amazing and savage Conor was, then when that all came crashing down he resorted to trying to shit on Khabib at every opportunity. He's a perfect example of a pathetic shit posting hater. And this thread is shit. Probably just another crying Conor fan.

That's right

I think you brought a great example.
Though I don't believe he would fall like Barao did (different fighting styles), I do agree that we simply can't know what the future would have held for Khabib.

How many wins in title fights does GSP have Sherbro
GSP obviously has a lot more defenses, but there's more evidence he left to avoid more losses than there is for Khabib. GSP was on 7 straight decisions and taking more damage, Khabib was getting more dominant and finishing every fight faster than the previous one.

Georges got his eye closed by Shields, dropped and nearly finished by Condit, and took a ton of damage and lost almost all the media scoring against Hendricks. Khabib wasn't in any trouble in any of his fights.

if you spin it it this way, gsp technically retired with the welterweight and middleweight belts!

You can speculate all you want but the facts are that he retired as champ of the toughest division with a superb 29-0 record.
Very padded record before his UFC career. Wasn’t terribly active in his UFC career (most active around the time he received his title shot)

He was an undefeated beast regardless

Back