Khabib says GSP dont want to fight ..

Its true that boxing treats lower ranked fighters extremely poorly. And its also true that owners want to keep profits. That's completely understandable. However its also true that athletes (and fighters) want to earn as much as possible themselves. Sometimes no good compromise can be found between owners wanting to keep profits, and fighters wanting to get paid what they think they're worth -- and when that happens, fights can't be made . Is the same with someone offering a plumber less than the plumber wants to do the job. That person is right to want to pay as little as possible, and the plumber is right in not wanting to earn less than thinks he's worth -- and the result is that the plumber doesn't end up doing the job.

That's how its supposed to work under capitalism -- owners make an offer, fighters can choose to accept it or not. Its a good system, even if it sometimes means fights don't happen.

fighters that sign with bellator and a boxing promoter and the ufc do so willingly. they are happy with the terms when they do it.

it always seem to be that scott coker get a pass when paying prelims fighters 2k and less.

fighters that sign with bellator and a boxing promoter and the ufc do so willingly. they are happy with the terms when they do it.

it always seem to be that scott coker get a pass when paying prelims fighters 2k and less.

I agree that they sign willingly. However, what they sign gives them the right to only accept fights they want (ie the UFC willingly allows the fighters to pick and choose their fights -- probably because otherwise they'd be UFC employees, with all the legal elements that come with that, such as regular salary and health benefits that the UFC doesn't want anything to do with).

So we're left with a situation where the promoters are free to try to arrange fights as they please, and the fighters are free to accept fights as they please. That means promoters and fighters have to all agree for a fight to happen. And most of the time they do come up with terms acceptable to everyone. But not always. That's exactly how independent contractor businesses are supposed to run. If you need someone to always accept whatever work you want them to do, you have to sign them on as employees.

And yes, the UFC isn't the worst in terms of pay at all in MMA. And some of the boxing promoters treat their fighters worse than the UFC does theirs.

Dana bless
Dana tell truth
Always

Ffs the fight never happened for 100 reasons, none of which need to be debated again. All parties played equal roles in that fight not happening at the time. What must suck is being too deluded to see things objectively.

They weren't in the same weight class, period. Gsp retired cause he was losing his mind and seeing aliens and shit. The guy is half snapped.

He moves up years later, after a huge mental and physical break and after being called out by a champ that beat the brakes off silva and rockhold. What a dick...

Lol. You can lie to me, but don’t lie to yourself guy. The fight never happened because of exactly one party involved. You can’t really be this delusional.

Lol. You can lie to me, but don’t lie to yourself guy. The fight never happened because of exactly one party involved. You can’t really be this delusional.
Yes, I understand that fits your narrative nicely. Well done, you convinced me, it was all gsp and def nothing to do with the big goof, or anderoid. Congratulations

I don't believe that to the full extent. GSP has continuously said he's been for this fight. Dana has been against this fight for whatever reason for a long time now.

Because Dana and Khabib refuse to do it at catchweight. GSP is willing to go to 163 but the two goofs aren't. They demand 155. Which is silly. Meeting in the middle is the most fair for both men.

Reactions: MCS
Because Dana and Khabib refuse to do it at catchweight. GSP is willing to go to 163 but the two goofs aren't. They demand 155. Which is silly. Meeting in the middle is the most fair for both men.

Catchweight loses almost all the casual PPV's -- and there are far more casuals than serious MMA fans. A good night for the UFC is 1 million PPV's -- out of over 100 million household's in the United States. That's about 1% of the population watching. Most people (as in 99% going by PPV numbers) don't follow MMA, so if its not a title fight they're not tuning in.

There's a reason they (and boxing promoters) try to have at least one title fight on every card -- its how to get a casual fan's attention.

Dana often gets way too much credit for supposedly making the fights the fans want to see.

Can't make Anderson/GSP or Anderson/Jones. Can't make a Jones HW fight (8 years now). Can't get Fedor to the UFC. Can't make Khabib/GSP. Only gets a maybe out of Khabib regarding his future. Likely can't make Khabib/Conor 2.

Catchweight in this is so obvious.

Catchweight loses almost all the casual PPV's -- and there are far more casuals than serious MMA fans. A good night for the UFC is 1 million PPV's -- out of over 100 million household's in the United States. That's about 1% of the population watching. Most people (as in 99% going by PPV numbers) don't follow MMA, so if its not a title fight they're not tuning in.

There's a reason they (and boxing promoters) try to have at least one title fight on every card -- its how to get a casual fan's attention.

......what?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

TS got banned :rolleyes:
source.gif

TS was posting wildly all week, another victim of the Conor fight week o_O

......what?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

You seriously think title fights don't bring in more viewers than non-title fights? Out of curiosity, why do you think the major promotions always try to have a title fight on a card, if not for increased ticket sales?

But I like the meme you put in your reply, any idea what show its from?

gsp actions prove that. all gsp is doing is talking and not reentering the testing pool to show he serious.
If they wont accept a catchweight which is what he wants,then what is the point of re entering the testing pool?

Reactions: lsa
Come on George don't chicken out on me brotha..

Make history again and open up the 165 for the belt, winner vacates and they can kill the division or have other contenders move down and up and challenge each other, respectively.

Thought ufc loves double champs these days? More titles the better.

It's especially hilarious when someone like khabib says that someone doesn't want to fight.

How about instead of calling me a hater you analyze your own biased take on this? Khabib hasn’t done enough to be a top 2-3 of all time. It’s simple and it’s fact based rather than emotion based. You are obviously emotionally invested in this which clouds your judgement and leads to you assuming everyone who doesn’t think like you must be a hater or at best someone who doesn’t understand MMA.
Also, who are these people that you say are calling Khabib co-GOAT with GSP? Even our own little world here in Sherdog doesn’t: https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/all-time-goat-poll.3916359/

In regards to who the number 1 is I'm not sure but out of who ranks higher between GSP and Khabib I would have to say that it's Khabib. Khabib is undefeated and has completely dominated every opponent that he's ever faced. He's also never lost a title defense via tapping to strikes

175lb. At GSP age its not healthy to cut more than 5lbs

Dana often gets way too much credit for supposedly making the fights the fans want to see.

Can't make Anderson/GSP or Anderson/Jones. Can't make a Jones HW fight (8 years now). Can't get Fedor to the UFC. Can't make Khabib/GSP. Only gets a maybe out of Khabib regarding his future. Likely can't make Khabib/Conor 2.

Catchweight in this is so obvious.

Dana ruined every major super fight of the last 13 years (Pride demise)

Reactions: MCS
Back