• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Khabib says GSP dont want to fight ..

I've never, ever said anything negative about Khabib, so this feels weird... my first criticism: if you can't compromise and fight at catchweight against a 40 years old who's had only 1 fight in recent years, and it was at MW, then it's you who don't want to fight.

It's not like Khabib is a small LW who would be disadvantaged if they fought at 165 or 170, he cuts tons of weight to make 155.
But he wants GSP as weak as possible for this fight, on top of the immense amount of ring rust...

Kind of a bitch move from Khabib... <{hughesimpress}>

GSP is 40? He should just stay retired, it is very rare for a combat sports athlete to retire on top. Nothing to prove, his legacy is cemented. Khabib is young but again, if you have a chance to retire as champion you should. Too many guys in MMA hang on for way too long, take unnecessary damage in their twilight years, etc

I saw this coming. GSP was scared to fight Anderson too. You can't be the GOAT when you run from the big fights.

totally agree but its not even the "big" fights. Even if Georges didnt fight Anderson and went up to 185 and fought Tim Kennedy or Luke before he had the belt, that would mean 1000000 times more than fighting Josh Koscheck twice, Dan Hardy, Thiago Alves and Matt serra. Look at those names its the most pedestrian line of title chasers ever in the history of the sport.

Anderson went up and demolished 3 lhws in his prime and went toe to toe in a very competitive match with a goat in his prime in DC.
Bones is headed to hw.
BJ went up.
Dc went up.
Max went up.
Conor went up.
Randy went up.
Matt Lindland went up!
Amanda went up.
SAruraba fought beyond his own weight class.

I could go on. All of these fighters went up to test themselves. In Bones' case he is going up to test himself and take BIG fights. Georges only went up to fight bisping who was damaged goods and a as safe of a fight as one could take going for the belt. Im a HUGE bisping fan it doesnt feel good saying that but its true.

it is all part of the negotiation

don't take it so seriously

a couple of months ago Khabib was never going to fight again. now he is talking about opponents.

everyone will say that they might want the fight but the other guy maybe doesn't want the fight and maybe I would do the fight under certain conditions and....

I think the fight has <50% chance of happening but all these little clues and hints don't mean much

Khabib left out the part about GSP not wanting it "at 155". GSP would take the fight in a second if it was at a fair catchweight. So the reality is Khabib doesn't want this fight. Because he refuses to compromise.

Not a shocker. Although this fight wouldn't be a good move for Khabib either. I'm shocked at any fans that ever thought this would happen.

GSP was great. But GSP is now almost 40, and with one fight in seven years. Its insane that anyone wants him to fight any top contender.

The only reason Khabib wants to fight GSP is because GSP is still a PPV draw. Other than that it makes no sense at all. Seriously, suppose GSP was 32 but with one fight in seven years -- it'd be silly even then to give him a title fight. At 40 with one fight in seven years its absolutely insane.

This is the kind of thing that works in movies and WWE. It doesn't work in real sports (which is why they don't invite the Superbowl winners from four years ago to play in the Superbowl this year because they think fans might want to see it).

Gsp only punches down no.way he takes a fight with a bull still in his prime unless he has a huge advantage which is why he's probably going to call out deivison or Joe benevidez before he fights anyone anywhere near his weight or remotely close to.their prime.
GSP went up a full weight class in his late 30s to fight Bisping. Few years later he won't go down a weight class to fight an undefeated champ. It's all risk assessment, which is likely a compliment to Khabib. GSP doesn't think the risk/reward is worth it, which means he probably thinks very highly of Khabib's skill compared to what a Khabib fight means to his legacy.

to be fair I dont think khabib would lie, he is the first one to asked for this fight. I dont remember him lying once about the fight game, maybe GSP doesnt want it ? like the sliva fight no ?
No.. GSP was always asked all the time about Silva. He never promoted the idea of fighting him.. This honestly was back when most champs stayed put, and kept defending the belt. GSP asked for the Khabib fight after he beat Bisping. Dana said no.. Also GSP seemed to think the fight was again possibly happening when Khabib fought Justin. GSP was at the fight that night doing French commentary. But Khabib retired instead.

SHOOK!

Not surprising considering GSP got outwrestled and slapped around by 5’6 Johnny Hendricks... he knows Khabib would maul him.

<BC1>

You mean double ACL, past his prime not-juiced GSP vs prime, juiced to the gills hendricks? Who won that fight anyway?

I saw this coming. GSP was scared to fight Anderson too. You can't be the GOAT when you run from the big fights.

Actually Anderson's coaches admitted GSP wanted the fight, though at 170. And that Anderson wanted the fight, but at 185. And the UFC, which should have paid one or the other extra to change weight (it could have happened at either 170 or 185), was too cheap to do so, thinking one of them would be stupid enough to change weight for a once in a life time fight without getting paid extra for giving his opponent the advantage.

Seriously, in no other business in the world would you expect someone to give their opponent a big advantage without getting paid extra for it. The fight never happened because the UFC was cheap. Throw in an extra $10-20 million for whoever changed and the fight happens -- and the UFC still makes a big profit.

In the case of Khabib, GSP is almost 40 and has had one fight in seven years. He probably isn't even top 20 at any weight at this point -- no one at that age and with such a long period of inactivity would be. I can't believe anyone would pay 10 cents to see GSP and Khabib fight at this point.

to be fair I dont think khabib would lie, he is the first one to asked for this fight. I dont remember him lying once about the fight game, maybe GSP doesnt want it ? like the sliva fight no ?

To be fair, I don't remember GSP lying a single time either... and he was game for the Silva fight, but Anderson changed his mind about wanting to go down to 170, and then when it was supposed to happen after the Maia fight (GSP was cageside for the event to promote their fight), Silva had that terrible performance and deal was taken off the table.

Anderson Silva said:
"I'd like to test myself and I always love to take on new challenges," Silva said of his thoughts about a drop to 170 pounds from the middleweight limit of 185. "
When the negociations started again, Silva said "185 or nothing"
Anderson Silva said:
If you want to beat me up, make weight and come fight me in my category, my division.
and GSP said no, since he had a belt to defend and wasn't sure he could easily go back to 170.
GSP said:
If he dropped to 170 pounds, probably. There is another thing to consider: If I move up, maybe I won't be able to come back down to defend my (welterweight) title. So it's a big decision to take
[...]
Before, Anderson Silva was in my size when he used to fight in Japan but he is very big now. They were talking also that he was going to come in my division when I was the champion and I would have no choice. But me going up and after I fight go back down...I can't play with my weight.

Dana White said:
"Anderson would go to [170 pounds], too. Yeah, he said he'd do it. He says he can make [170] easy. It's insane."
[...]
If it's true [about what Anderson Silva said], if he could cut down to 170, I would look at a GSP fight. I would do it. I don't like the idea of GSP moving up.

Dana White said:
I don't want to see GSP vs. Silva after tonight. Silva might be the first champion fighting on a prelim. I don't want to see that shit. - [...]

"I don't want to see that fight now. He doesn't deserve to fight GSP.

Dana White said:
GSP told me straight up, I'll fight him [Anderson] right now. If you guys want to make that fight, make the fight. GSP is not concerned what so ever with fighting Anderson Silva. First, Anderson Silva has a couple guys he needs to beat. He needs to beat Chael Sonnen and probably Vitor Belfort, should Vitor win his next fight. Here's the other problem, Georges St.Pierre is a natural 170 pounder. Anderson Silva not only cuts to 185, he's fought at 205. That's kind of why the fight doesn't make sense to me.

The GSP vs Silva was a messy situation, and Dana was lying his ass off at every turn to try to get what he wanted. GSP never played his game, which is why Dana hates him so much.
And right now, White is doing the exact same shit with GSP and Khabib. <Fedor23>

When you see how Dana treats the fighters that were loyal to him and did his bidding, I'm glad GSP and Fedor told him to go fuck himself.
Remember when he stole Georges' belt and made up a story about him having being in the hospital, and instead he showed up at the press conference? <36>

Dana is a fat lying scumbag, no question about it. But you'll always find morons to swallow whatever shit he's making up, if that goes against a fighter they hate.

Last edited:
Khabib places all blame on GSP for not wanting the fight ..

says he spoke with him through IG and says GSP doesnt want it

timestamped

cant ever be GOAT bruhhh

gsp actions prove that. all gsp is doing is talking and not reentering the testing pool to show he serious.

Back