• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Khabib says GSP dont want to fight ..

It's obvious he doesn't want it.

He waited like 5 years for the worst MW champ in existence to come out of retirement.

He knows khabib destroys him so doesn't want any part of it.

Dana explained it / or wishing what hes dishing. " khabib 100% not looking to hold up division ". He'll either be retired or we'll see what Conor looks like next week and Charl-O finally on khabibs radar and has acknowledged his evolution. Gsp wants no part of nurmagomedov . If Oliveria Gaejthe fight gets a near future booking and Charl-O runs through Justin , khabib could be back. Let's see what Conor looks like , first.
Yes, we all saw him on ABC. I'm simply pointing out that you statement is 100% wrong. If he in fact, means and does what he says, we wouldn't be having this convo cause he would be off promoting eagle mobile or some shit and not talking about fights. He retired. And made it about oaths to his family.

Also, khabib and his old man were the ones who started calling for the gsp, and he said he would do it. They tried to make the fight 3 years ago at 155, Dana wouldn't do it, they tried to make it at 155 or catch last year, Dana wouldn't do it.

And now late 2020 and 2021 gsp says he doesn't wanna do 155 anymore and everyone cries he ducking

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...n-on-which-he-will-fight-khabib-nurmagomedov/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...155-catchweight-ufc-categorically-refused-mma

Khabib never wanted to fight at catch or 170, he wanted to call out an aging legend and try and force him down to 155, which he agreed to, for the better part of 3 or 4 years

But.....

I heard GSP say he did want it?!?!?!

it still true.
No it is not.. Not even close..

GSP has never called anyone out that he did NOT want to fight..

From Penn to Diaz, Condit, Hughes, Fitch, Shields, Kos, Bisping you name it..

GSP says your name.. He wants the fight...

Yes, we all saw him on ABC. I'm simply pointing out that you statement is 100% wrong. If he in fact, means and does what he says, we wouldn't be having this convo cause he would be off promoting eagle mobile or some shit and not talking about fights. He retired. And made it about oaths to his family.

Also, khabib and his old man were the ones who started calling for the gsp, and he said he would do it. They tried to make the fight 3 years ago at 155, Dana wouldn't do it, they tried to make it at 155 or catch last year, Dana wouldn't do it.

And now late 2020 and 2021 gsp says he doesn't wanna do 155 anymore and everyone cries he ducking

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.es...n-on-which-he-will-fight-khabib-nurmagomedov/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bl...155-catchweight-ufc-categorically-refused-mma

Khabib never wanted to fight at catch or 170, he wanted to call out an aging legend and try and force him down to 155, which he agreed to, for the better part of 3 or 4 years
Yeah I remember alot of talk on BOTH ends a few years ago and maybe was first brought by khabib in reference to his father talking about it( explained his call out). Gsp ran with the idea and stating he can and has already made the cut in training. If the gsp REALLY wanted the fight ( then or now) , believe me, it wouldve come to fruition. In fact Dana still wasnt over the whole vulturing over bisping & bisping himself. Hes been taking shots at the 2 for a bit now.

Gsp already went back on his word in fighting Whitaker ( Dana fucking red in the face about and didnt mince words- acted like gsp broke contract except there was no contract ). Gsp did express interest- white , initially, shot it down " wait a minute, George's isnt going to jump the line over all these contenders ". He was still heated over that whole deal. People know what I'm talking about . However, at the end of the day, its GS(fucking)P. Again, if he really wanted- he would've gotten.
Dont kid yourself.

Dont make me put gsp and bisping in the same circle- please- .One is " one of the goats" and the other is still trying to get that yellow streak off his back - professionally.
Although they both hold the same common 2nd job on resumes - Cherry Picking .
Nurmagomedov will never be a dandelion picker. It's not his style.

Anderson > gsp..... as long as part of this thread has become gsp anderson related.

Gsp fans grasp on to when Anderson was lighter a long time ago. Its hilarious- most young men( fighters no less) get all growed up. Anderson 1000% more comfortable moving up to 205 then making cut to fucking 170 AT THE TIME OF ALL THIS SUPERFIGHT TALK.

Anderson even agreed to a catch. Gsp's mouth went dark.

Like I said in the other thread. If this fight doesn’t happen it’s because Khabib is demanding it at 155. That’s not very GOATlike considering GSP is 40 years old.

The only chance GSP has is if the fight is at least at 165-170. At 155 a 40 year old GSP has no chance. I’m just surprised that Khabib won’t make the fight more fair. I thought this was his “dream fight”??

Oh well.
How do you know hes demanding it at 155 you idiot hater?

In torn. It’s be cool to see, I guess. But GSP is more then 10 years past his prime.
This. In their primes, I'd take GSP, and he would likely still give Khabib the toughest fight of his career, maybe even pull it off, but they come from two different eras. There are fights for Khabib that have me more intrigued.

Yeah I remember alot of talk on BOTH ends a few years ago and maybe was first brought by khabib in reference to his father talking about it( explained his call out). Gsp ran with the idea and stating he can and has already made the cut in training. If the gsp REALLY wanted the fight ( then or now) , believe me, it wouldve come to fruition. In fact Dana still wasnt over the whole vulturing over bisping & bisping himself. Hes been taking shots at the 2 for a bit now.

Gsp already went back on his word in fighting Whitaker ( Dana fucking red in the face about and didnt mince words- acted like gsp broke contract except there was no contract ). Gsp did express interest- white , initially, shot it down " wait a minute, George's isnt going to jump the line over all these contenders ". He was still heated over that whole deal. People know what I'm talking about . However, at the end of the day, its GS(fucking)P. Again, if he really wanted- he would've gotten.
Dont kid yourself.

Dont make me put gsp and bisping in the same circle- please- .One is " one of the goats" and the other is still trying to get that yellow streak off his back - professionally.
Although they both hold the same common 2nd job on resumes - Cherry Picking .
Nurmagomedov will never be a dandelion picker. It's not his style.
I think its very clear, that out of the three if them, neither wanted it enough, or it would have happened. Just one big circle jerk man, and anyone who tries to lay blame specifically on one or the other, is in fact kidding themselves.

Any one of them could have bent in some direction but they didn't. Khabib didn't want catchweight or 170, gsp wanted to do 155 or catch but Dana wouldn't agree to terms with him (that's a Dana and gsp problem) and now, when its years later, and gsp said he doesn't want 155 anymore, all of a sudden khabib and Dana simply say he doesn't wanna fight thinking that they look like they tried and its all gsp fault. Him and khabib need to just leave already, and let us all move on

I think its very clear, that out of the three if them, neither wanted it enough, or it would have happened. Just one big circle jerk man, and anyone who tries to lay blame specifically on one or the other, is in fact kidding themselves.

Any one of them could have bent in some direction but they didn't. Khabib didn't want catchweight or 170, gsp wanted to do 155 or catch but Dana wouldn't agree to terms with him (that's a Dana and gsp problem) and now, when its years later, and gsp said he doesn't want 155 anymore, all of a sudden khabib and Dana simply say he doesn't wanna fight thinking that they look like they tried and its all gsp fault. Him and khabib need to just leave already, and let us all move on
I can live with that. My only issue is that khabib shouldnt have to fight at 170 to take fight.

mma and boxing are 2 different things. ufc didnt stop conor vs floyd. ufc didnt stip conor vs diaz. ufc didnt stop gsp vs bisping. ufc didnt stop jorge vs diaz. ufc didnt stop brock lesner from fighting.

ufc didnt stop brock vs dc. brock did. ufc didnt stop gsp vs anderson gsp did. ufc didnt stop brock vs fedor fedor did. ufc didnt stop randy vs fedor fedor did. ufc didnt stop jon joens vs brock jon jones did.

duh floyd vs pacman makes more money the tickets were 250k for ring side and ppv was 120 plus. what mma fight you paying 250k to sit cage side for.

The point is that fighters don't refuse fights because they're scared of being hurt -- anyone that makes it to the UFC level has been hit hard many times. When you start training MMA you're hit by everyone, because you're just a beginner. And it continues all the way through in practice, and then in the cage. Anyone who's afraid of getting hurt doesn't get far enough into MMA that'd you'd ever hear their name, let alone being offered a superfight.

They refuse fights for the same reason most people refuse a job offer or contract -- they don't think it pays them what they're worth. If someone offered you a job for minimum wage would you take it? If not, does that mean you're afraid of the job, or just think you can do better. Moreover, anyone with a good job is used to negotiating their wage -- and that often means refusing a job that doesn't pay enough, even if you like it otherwise.

The UFC tries to low-ball fighter pay compared to boxing (let alone the major sports, which give 50% of revenue to the athletes). By the time fighters get to the level of GSP and Anderson they can refuse to be low-balled. At that point (if not before) the UFC should step up and offer a bigger slice of profit to make the fight happen, especially in cases like Anderson vs GSP where one of the fighters would have to change weight, giving their opponent a huge advantage. In any other business, if one side agrees to take a disadvantage it means they get extra money for doing so. Only the UFC thinks fighters should change weight for free -- its financial nonsense, and both GSP and Anderson were smart enough businessmen (or at least their managers were) not to go with it.

You don't agree to do an exceptionally lucrative contract for the same rate as your normal work -- at least no smart business man does.

I can live with that. My only issue is that khabib shouldnt have to fight at 170 to take fight.
No, he shouldn't, unless he wanted the win at 170 for legacy reasons or something. I dont think he ever really talked too much about going up though.

If it was for title implications (which I wouldn't have agreed with gsp getting, even though I'm a fanboi) 155 was the answer. If it was strictly legacy, 162 catch all the way

Oh well, Khabib surpassed GSP a while ago as a GOAT

If GSP is fine with accepting Khabib has a greater legacy that's his business.

Fucking LOL!!

He has 3 top 5 wins in his career. 3.

He is not even in the top 20 wrt GOAT ranking. Did you just start watching this sport a few weeks ago??

Back