Media Khamzat Chimaev just turned 30-years-old

Will Borz ever become UFC-champion?

• Total voters
He went from fighting twice in a week- with another fight two months later to four fights in the last three years. He had so much steam in 2020 and it feels evaporated now.

He shows up and beats the guy in front of him every time. He signed up for Costa and got Usman but that wasn't enough. Hopefully after beating Whittaker he'll finally get it. Just bizarre how everyone here seems to think he always needs one more test. When most the guys getting titleshots are rematches or guys that already blew their chance.

He's so inactive, wasting the last 3 years having like 2-3 fights is a disgrace. He should be fighting 3 times a year minimum before 34-35.

Weird exaggerations in this thread? Like, we get it. You're frustrated that it took a year to recover from covid, when complications were about to have him retired.

Of course it's allowed to be restless, but when facts say it's the 4th birthday since signing and soon his 8th fight for the org? Honestly, it shouldn't rile you up.

For whatever reason Dana only allowed to him to fight in Abu Dhabi last year. That's what slowed it down more than necessary, it's on the UFC though.

He gets hated on for weird reasons. He's an exciting fighter who always goes for it....A couple of those years he was f*cked from covid.

I noticed a pattern of the type of people who hate on him..but I don't wanna get racial
Yeah...he's arrogant, claims he can beat everyone, doesn't fight often, talks too a lot, says people duck him even though it's not true, has an insufferable fanbase that thinks he's deserving of title shots before he's done anything.

It's really weird why anyone would dislike him. Must be because of his race. Clearly there are no trash talkers who are disliked other than him.

He still have time to become champ
He if work on his cardio he will be hard top stop

He gets hated on for weird reasons. He's an exciting fighter who always goes for it....A couple of those years he was f*cked from covid.

I noticed a pattern of the type of people who hate on him..but I don't wanna get racial
In the last two years he's had two fights.

One of those was meant to be a gimme fight Vs Nate Diaz but Khamzat had one of the biggest weight misses of all time so he got Kevin Holland.

Then a year after that he takes on Usman who's just rolled off the couch on 10 days notice to fight MW.

And all the time he's crying that he's not getting title shots.

Undisputed Twitter/Instagram King :rolleyes:
Dude's just wasting his prime
dude wasted some prime years because he took a licking from burns
He's so inactive, wasting the last 3 years having like 2-3 fights is a disgrace. He should be fighting 3 times a year minimum before 34-35.
Thread #5 billion where fans hate on Khamzat because the US bans an athlete from the US + Europe solely so they can virtue signal to the world that if you come from certain countries you will be discriminated against and not allowed to compete.

Err I mean... fuck Khamzat! How dare he choose to not fight on the next Vegas card! What a pansy! Twitter! Inactive!

Last edited:
His debut quick turnaround really spoiled us into thinking that was gonna be a regular thing. How is he not fighting right now?
He has no visa / is prevented from fighting (in both the US and Western Europe, by the US government) by the country that the UFC is based in.

31/32 hit me like a truck so best of luck to him in the future.

I don't really understand how much the UFC has hyped this guy when he's so inactive.
They don't hype him. In fact they've bashed him repeatedly since UFC 279, when they clearly made the fall guy for THEM doctoring the card based on the PR pushback that turned Nate from a classic UFC hit job (going out on a loss to destroy marketability) into a anti-UFC hero / fans and media pointing out he was being sacrificed and became an inadvertent hero. As soon as the narrative went to shit they had Tony (never made WW in years that mysteriously was set to WW) and Kevin weigh-in at 180: longggg before Khamzat "missed weight" (AKA was told by a "UFC doctor" to drink water). Spoiler alert: no fighter on the roster does NOT miss weight by a ton after rehydrating.

Fuck, I remember watching his debut and thinking this guy is the real deal.
Now its 4 years later and still no titleshot.

Interesting how severely moderated this thread is...

They don't hype him. In fact they've bashed him repeatedly since UFC 279, when they clearly made the fall guy for THEM doctoring the card based on the PR pushback that turned Nate from a classic UFC hit job (going out on a loss to destroy marketability) into a anti-UFC hero / fans and media pointing out he was being sacrificed and became an inadvertent hero. As soon as the narrative went to shit they had Tony (never made WW in years that mysteriously was set to WW) and Kevin weigh-in at 180: longggg before Khamzat "missed weight" (AKA was told by a "UFC doctor" to drink water). Spoiler alert: no fighter on the roster does NOT miss weight by a ton after rehydrating.

A lot of people miss what Khamzat said in the octagon interview afterwards.

"they told me to drink water take some vitamins and shit....and then make my weight back up to the guy"

His English isn't great but that was pretty clear to me. Guy cut down to below what he weighed in at and then had to fill back up to match Hollands weight.

This guy is a real estate agent now anyways

He shows up and beats the guy in front of him every time. He signed up for Costa and got Usman but that wasn't enough. Hopefully after beating Whittaker he'll finally get it. Just bizarre how everyone here seems to think he always needs one more test. When most the guys getting titleshots are rematches or guys that already blew their chance.

Couldn’t have said it better. It was the same with Islam. Always one more test said the MMA nerds. It’s like they don’t want to see their favourite fighters lose.

He will be champ but won’t defend the belt. Chimaev isn’t too serious about this game.

Couldn’t have said it better. It was the same with Islam. Always one more test said the MMA nerds. It’s like they don’t want to see their favourite fighters lose.
It's bizarre. It's like they don't want acknowledge he's good, just focus on any slight blemish. Atleast Whittaker should shut them up assuming Whittaker doesn't mysteriously back out like Costa did. But if Whittaker did back out they'd say Khamzat needs more.

Back