Khamzat no longer representing Sweden

OP you said "he says"...does it actually say "he says" in the article? I don't know Swedish, but using Google Translate it never has any actual quotes from Chimaev explaining that he intends this to be permanent or what the reason is for the change.

No, it doesn't. On the contrary, the article states that "Kimura" (name of the website) has tried to get in contact with Khamzat's manager for a comment, but with no luck.

This is as unofficial as it comes..

Is just tabloids quoting each other without verifying anything with the involved individuals happens all the time.. We need to hear this in the octagon, his coaches, managers or from himself
It is official. His manager told Swedish state tv about it. I can link the Swedish news if you want.

It is official. His manager told Swedish state tv about it. I can link the Swedish news if you want.
He will probably claim that we don’t speak swedish and are just making things up in the news. :D

Reactions: lsa
Okay, whatever floats his boat. Or maybe whatever floats his UAE luxury yacht.

Hope he will have good training partners and coaches, besides the BJJ coach he is taking with him.

I’m not even surprised, I defended Chimaev and praised him for representing Sweden in his fights, someone on here told me it was only a matter of time before he reps another country, i was naive thinking Chimaev had some sort of loyalty
to a country that gave him a chance.

Fuck em , I hope Paulo smashes him

Sweden took him in, paid his living expenses so he could train full time.. This is how he pays them back? :eek:

He can do as he pleases, I don’t really care
<WhatItIs>

LOL @ people blaming the fighter here. Think about it for a little bit.

The guy expressed his will to fight already at UFC 281, but never got the third fight of 2022 that he wished for.
Then in early 2023 Dana comes out and says "he will have his next fight in October in UAE" and ofc everybody wondered why, with like 7 months to go still.

They never book fighters to a certain event that early in advance, but here they wouldn't let this guy fight until October when they return to UAE. And now this.

I’m not even surprised, I defended Chimaev and praised him for representing Sweden in his fights, someone on here told me it was only a matter of time before he reps another country, i was naive thinking Chimaev had some sort of loyalty
to a country that gave him a chance.

Fuck em , I hope Paulo smashes him

He will smash Costa, you need to bet on another fighter, if you want Khamzat to get his ass kicked. <Fedor23>

After Izzy declared himself chinese, anything can happen

Back