Khamzat was struggling in a 30 hour weight cut

Mesos

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
source: fight disciples,

-----
So Khamzat did give a real effort to cut the weight but to be off by 8 lbs is ridiculous. This goof was never gonna make the weight. I bet he must been over weight in the weeks leading up to the fight. Khamzat is cutting to much weight to get to Welterweight obviously

Struggling with the weight cut so hard he was out eating and drinking at a restaurant Thursday night
Nobody really knows when the Doctor told him to stop could have been earlier that day.

-----
So Khamzat did give a real effort to cut the weight but to be off by 8 lbs is ridiculous. This goof was never gonna make the weight. I bet he must been over weight in the weeks leading up to the fight. Khamzat is cutting to much weight to get to Welterweight obviously
He was also spotted at a restaurant eating and drinking the day before weigh ins

Yeah he looked drained AF, I'm surprised he could stand at the weigh ins.

<puh-lease75>
Struggling with the weight cut so hard he was out eating and drinking at a restaurant Thursday night

Maybe the weight cut was going bad so the doctor stopped it early on? Khamzat obviously already had some fluids and food by the weigh in time.

-----
It's not like this fight was announced 30 hours before the fight. That's some serious weight cutting procrastination

Rumble-Johnson-Welterweight.jpg

as4tme7x6jm81.jpg

James-Irvin-Before-After.jpg

I think weight-cutting is outdated and dangerous. I also think that Khamzat did not try to make weight, for whatever reason.

I'm a brand new Khamzat hater, but if they told him to stop cutting, he stopped cutting -- meaning he started drinking water, which adds 5 lbs pretty quick, and probably started eating again. So even if he was down to 173, even 171.5, he could have gone back up to 178.5 pretty easily.

So I'm not convinced he just didn't try and was 8 lbs heavy. But I still think he shouldn't be allowed to cut to 170 again. If a doctor tells you this at age 27, it's only going to be harder after his metabolism slows down which is right around the corner for him.

Khamzat is openly doing whatever he wants, and getting paid for it.

I can see how this would upset some people...
he's already been punished, he lost the fight to diaz, and had to fight someone arguably tougher and bigger.

Didn't he drink water a bit after being stopped from cutting?
I don't think he was 8 pounds overweight before doctor stepped in.
It would make no sense for him to not drink water and wait till morning for weigh ins.

Nobody really knows when the Doctor told him to stop could have been earlier that day.
The doctor told him to stop, when? Why? He said he could have made weight, that he was willing to die. So why didnt he? That far out he had to alert a doctor. If he needed medical attention, where did he get it? The story is bs all the way around.

Reactions: G10
Didn't he drink water a bit after being stopped from cutting?
I don't think he was 8 pounds overweight before doctor stepped in.
It would make no sense for him to not drink water and wait till morning for weigh ins.
You're relying on things making logical sense. I wouldnt make that assumption with multiple people involved in this weekends activities.

khamzat learning from darren till and paddy

Rumble-Johnson-Welterweight.jpg

as4tme7x6jm81.jpg

James-Irvin-Before-After.jpg

I think weight-cutting is outdated and dangerous. I also think that Khamzat did not try to make weight, for whatever reason.
^ Thats why I question "the doctor told me to stop 8 pounds away."

And to your other point, I dont think its outdated, but can be dangerous. Maybe a midweek weight-in and an official closer to fight time would stop the extremes.

Back