Khamzat Will Most Likely Lose ...

Retarded thread?

Ignorant, simpleton fog.

1. You have the ability to ignore.
2. You will have the obligation to come here, and apologize, when a tired/beaten Chimaev voids his feces, and submits to Usman.

Examine each's history, especially against their single/common opponent (Burns), and mark my words. (Chimaev barely escaped Burns; Usman destroyed him.)
Usman's going to sleep. None of your MMAmath is going to change it.

"Usman is a 5 round fighter"

You'd be right.. if he had a full training camp. But here he is fighting at the highest weight he's ever fought & least preparation time during his UFC run. We can't expect to see the best Kamaru, and that's not even accounting for his age.

I hate seeing decorated, former champions being fed to potentially future ones, on paper, Khamzat should win, that said, I'm hoping Usman does, just to piss off Dana. Osman needs to just pace himself, don't try and make a statement and rely on all that octagon experience if he wants any chance of winning.

"Usman is a 5 round fighter"

You'd be right.. if he had a full training camp. But here he is fighting at the highest weight he's ever fought & least preparation time during his UFC run. We can't expect to see the best Kamaru, and that's not even accounting for his age.

Full training camp, shmull shmaining shmamp

iu

Maybe their wrestling cancels out and Usman out boxes him because he's probably better technically. But I think even that scenario Khamzat will sway the judges with his power shots. Khamzat really didn't train for Usman who is totally different than Costa, so it might be interesting .

This point could have been made 18 months ago or so.. now Gilbert against Usman would be a pickem in Vegas

Maybe their wrestling cancels out and Usman out boxes him because he's probably better technically. But I think even that scenario Khamzat will sway the judges with his power shots. Khamzat really didn't train for Usman who is totally different than Costa, so it might be interesting .

Khamzat = undisciplined boy.

Never forget this adage ...

"Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill ..."

Khamzat said Burns' BJJ was the reason he didn't wrestle more. If he goes in and clearly outwrestles Usman, we'll know that was true.
I think Khamzat can handle 5 rounds if it's he's not spending 85% of it striking on the feet.

Also, he was getting tired, but his output was literally higher in round 3 than in round 1 or 2. 1.5 round fighter my ass. He threw 27 significant strikes, then 37 and then 44.
Take a look at the stats for Colby vs Usman 2 and you'll see that Khamzat's significant strike output vs Burns in round 3 (44) was higher than Colby (33) or Usman's (24) highest output of the last three rounds.

This is a make-or-break fight for both fighters.
  • Khamzat = a 1.5-round fighter.
  • Kamaru = a 5-round fighter.
  • Khamzat struggled with Gilbert Burns, for 3 straight rounds, it was an ordeal.
  • Kamaru struggled with Gilbert Burns, for 30 seconds, after which he pieced him up, and kicked his ass, finishing him.
Conclusion:
Khamzat Chimaev has about 1.5 rounds of "chance" against Usman, after which Usman's quality, experience, and longevity will break Chimaev into pieces.

Barring an early, quick, KO, I have Usman breaking Khamzat, who may soil the UFC floor by the pressure, especially if this is a 5-rounder.
Technically Usman is better all around. But the size difference is a big factor in getting the wrestling going. Khamzat barely made WW and was a big WW. He's been bulking up for MW for a year, he's going to be bigger. This isn't two WW's deciding to fight at MW. It's a MW versus a WW. If it was two technical strikers I'd put less emphasis on the weight difference but its a big factor for wrestling heavy plans or even the threat of a TD. It's real dumb they couldn't find an actual MW to replace Costa.

Technically Usman is better all around. But the size difference is a big factor in getting the wrestling going. Khamzat barely made WW and was a big WW. He's been bulking up for MW for a year, he's going to be bigger. This isn't two WW's deciding to fight at MW. It's a MW versus a WW. If it was two technical strikers I'd put less emphasis on the weight difference but its a big factor for wrestling heavy plans or even the threat of a TD. It's real dumb they couldn't find an actual MW to replace Costa.

Khamzat is a WW, who doesn't feel like losing weight, so compete at MW.

If he had good coaches, and self-discipline, he would still complete at WW, where he has a huge advantage. [Else, how did he beat (after a titanic struggle with) former lightweight, Gilbert Burns, at welterweight, within the past year?]

You can bet how you want to.

My bet = Khamzat is a front runner — NOT a distance fighter.

If he wins, he wins early.

My other bet is that, Kamaru Usman = Distance Fighter.

If Khamzat doesn't do something, and quickly, he will get enveloped and folded (like a cheap lawn chair) by Usman.

Time will tell.

Khamzat is a WW, who doesn't feel like losing weight.
Else, how did he beat (after a titanic struggle with) former lightweight, Gilbert Burns, at welterweight within the year?

You can bet how you want to.

My bet = Khamzat is a front runner — NOT a distance fighter.

If he wins, he wins early.

My other bet is that, Kamaru Usman = Distance Fighter.

If Khamzat doesn't do something, and quickly, he will get enveloped and folded (like a cheap lawn chair) by Usman.

Time will tell.

What is your evidence that Khamzat is a front-runner

Khamzat = undisciplined boy.

Never forget this adage ...

"Age and treachery will overcome youth and skill ..."
We'll see. Originally I thought Khamzat was getting title shot after beating Burns and thought he was going to take Usman down. You have to think though Usman probably has better TDD than Costa or any opponent Khamzat has faced. If Khamzat gets him early I can see an easy finish.

What is your evidence that Khamzat is a front-runner

By how tired, and wobbly, he was ... after a 3-round fight with (former LW) Burns?

The same Burns who was annihilated by Usman, and only had 50 seconds of control ... before being completely overwhelmed.

What evidence do YOU have that the young, unschooled, undisciplined Chimaev (who barely beat the same Burns, Usman destroyed) has a snowballs chance in hell of beating Usman?

Please cite your references of their other common opponents, thanks estimation point

We'll see. Originally I thought Khamzat was getting title shot after beating Burns and thought he was going to take Usman down. You have to think though Usman probably has better TDD than Costa or any opponent Khamzat has faced. If Khamzat gets him early I can see an easy finish.

That's my take.

Khamzat = dynamic early.

Usman, however is the Warhorse.

If Khamzat fails early, he gets broken and battered in the end.

The latter is my bet.

That's my take.

Khamzat = dynamic early.

Usman, however is the Warhorse.

If Khamzat fails early, he gets broken and battered in the end.

The latter is my bet.
Good luck. I'm excited we're going to see it. Will be funny if you call it and then bump this thread.

By how tired, and wobbly, he was ... after a 3-round fight with (former LW) Burns?

The same Burns who was annihilated by Usman, and only had 50 seconds of control ... before being completely overwhelmed.

What evidence do YOU have that the young, unschooled, undisciplined Chimaev (who barely beat the same Burns, Usman destroyed) has a snowballs chance in hell of beating Usman?

Please cite your references of their other common opponents, thanks estimation point

How is that a front-runner example. Chimaev-Burns fought at ridiculous pace it was a sprint from bell to bell and Burns was more tired then Chimaev. Besides if anything Chimaev proved the opposite he has massive heart and showed his heart. A front-runner is a quitter when the going gets tough there is not an ounce of quitter in Chimaev

This is a make-or-break fight for both fighters.
  • Khamzat = a 1.5-round fighter.
  • Kamaru = a 5-round fighter.
  • Khamzat struggled with Gilbert Burns, for 3 straight rounds, it was an ordeal.
  • Kamaru struggled with Gilbert Burns, for 30 seconds, after which he pieced him up, and kicked his ass, finishing him.
Conclusion:
Khamzat Chimaev has about 1.5 rounds of "chance" against Usman, after which Usman's quality, experience, and longevity will break Chimaev into pieces.

Barring an early, quick, KO, I have Usman breaking Khamzat, who may soil the UFC floor by the pressure, especially if this is a 5-rounder.

If only MMA math was a thing that worked...

That said...lets go Usman i like an underdog who takes risks ...

Back