Media Khamzat's fraudulent wrestling record exposed

It is often claimed that Khamzat was undefeated on the Swedish regional circuit but here are two of his losses to regional level Euro wrestlers. He goes by the last name "Girikhanov" here as that was his mother's last name and didn't want to stain his record under the "Chimaev" name.

Above is the most embarrassing loss as he gets destroyed 9-2 and has a temper tantrum afterwards and refuses to shake the opponent's hand.

Bo Nickal pins this dude in 2 mins max

Two things -

First of all, is that really him? I get that there's his mother's last name, but that's not the same first name, either.

And if that actually is him....

It is claimed that he's undefeated in open FREESTYLE WRESTLING in Sweden.

Those videos are Greco-Roman.

Two things -

First of all, is that really him? I get that there's his mother's last name, but that's not the same first name, either.

And if that actually is him....

It is claimed that he's undefeated in open FREESTYLE WRESTLING in Sweden.

Those videos are Greco-Roman.
The first video is a freestyle match

Dude is shooting for the legs

I think this got brought up early in his UFC career. The part about using a different last name was familiar.

Those videos are Greco? I didn’t watch them but I know he isn’t great at it. Sweden isn’t big on freestyle. They are into Greco.

He is probably undefeated in freestyle over there or has multiple championships in it. It’s just that they don’t really compete in it.

Who cares? It's like when I bring up that Shavkat lost twice to the same guy in MMA (much more relevant than amateur wrestling), one of them after he had numerous pro fights and still gets touted as an undefeated fighter

His amateur wrestling record doesn't guarantee anything in MMA. Same goes for Bo
Shavkat lost? lol I'm guilty for not knowing this.

Like others have stated, both of those losses are in greco-roman wrestling, Khamzat's main discipline was freestyle. Sweden is a powerhouse in greco-roman wrestling, I think that they per-capita have more olympic medals than any other nation. The guy he lost to in the first video was a four-time junior european champion in greco-roman, and one of the biggest prosects at the time. In Freestyle wrestling Khamzat did demolish all of his swedish opponents.

And even if he had a couple of losses to greco-roman wrestlers early in his career, it is pretty obvious that his MMA-wrestling is exceptional. Which pretty much anyone who has trained with him can also attest to.

He lost pretty badly to the same guy twice, a 13-6 fighter, Shavkat has probably improved a lot since then but still.
Interesting, thanks for the heads up -- How come it isn't recorded in his record?

That first match is interesting -- Khamzat does a cartwheel/flip into a takedown that would be great in MMA but he gets flagged for it since it looks like he both kicked and kneed the guy in the head during the flip. He does a LOT of headbutts throughout the match, they look accidental and just due to his height, but he does "jump in" a lot which leads to the clashes. Also his handwork involves a lot of slaps, and one of them is just a pure slap and he gets called out on it. At the end he really is butt hurt and walks off like a punk ass bitch, there's no other way to put it.

In short, the match shows that MMA was definitely his future, all the stuff he did here is legal in MMA (not the headbutts but they would only warrant a "watch the heads!" from any MMA ref) and the cartwheel entry would be a crowd pleaser like Michel Pereira's flip against Poteria. And his antics at the end are pretty par for the course in MMA. He clearly wasn't meant for the constraints of organized amateur wrestling, MMA suits him a lot better.

It's also worth noting that his arm looks injured and taped up, and seems to bother him. Not sure how much it affected him or if he could have won at 100%.

Both fights were considered amateur bouts, even tho Shavkat had already gone pro, a bit strange indeed.

That happens a lot, look through fighters records and many have amateur bouts after a fighter's pro debut, it's pretty common. It's not like boxing where there is a pretty tight designation over "going pro"

Interesting, thanks for the heads up -- How come it isn't recorded in his record?
Amateur fights

He fought this guy as an amateur, after this, they both went pro, had numerous pro fights then for some reason fought again in an Amateur bout

Amateur fights

He fought this guy as an amateur, after this, they both went pro, had numerous pro fights then for some reason fought again in an Amateur bout
According to Sherdog fight finder, he went pro before they fought though... any reason why the fights would be amateur instead of pro? Usually once you go pro, you are banned from amateur fights, no? https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Shavkat-Rakhmonov-179185

Back