Kikskin Kompetitor Review

AgentCooper

Yellow Belt
Reaction score
I finally ordered one of these gi's. I had a hard time deciding to pull the trigger since I've never seen anyone wearing one so I didn't have much to go on other than pictures and a TON of great customer service from Caree at Kikskin sales.

My main concern was the sizing. I usually have a difficult time getting a gi that fits well in the upper body. I'm 6'3" but weigh in the 170lb range so most gi's fit me a bit sloppy in the chest area. I ended up going with the A4.

A little background here though. I've been training BJJ for close to 10 years now so I've had my share of gi's. I've tried a lot of them and for the money I've always liked Atama doulbe weaves. Recently I've tried a KORAL, Sirius, ISAMI, and the newer Atama Mundial all of which just didn't cut it for me. Yes I'm a "gi snob" and I admit it!

On to the Kikskin........I bought the blue Kompetitor gi. Ordered on a Mon. and I got it on Thurs. so shipping was pretty fast for reg. UPS ground. Right out of the bag it fit pretty well but needed one wash and dry to shrink to my liking. Once out of the dryer I put it on and right away noticed that this may be "the gi" for me. The body fits great. A nice slim cut through the armpits and chest area. With your belt tied it leaves just the right amount of skirt. The arms are also cut a bit more slim and taper down toward the wrist. Length of the arms is also right on the money. The weave is a gold weave so it feels strong but can breath well. The collor is kind of "puffy" but very soft so it doesn't get in the way etc. VERY nice collar.

The pants are just as good. Nice length and great cut. Not baggy at all and the front panels are doubled up from the thigh down. They feel VERY durable. The ties are also nice and it has 3 loops to keep it from coming up over the top of the pants.

So my overall impression is that this is one of the best if not THE best gi's I've ever tried. I trained in it twice so far with no issues. Feels great on the mat and looks even better (if that's a concern of yours). I highly recommend trying one out they are WELL worth the money.

10 out of 10 in my book.

good to hear. it sometimes can be a mess fiding one that fits nice.

Nice to hear the pants are not to baggy. My Gameness pants are quite baggy. I wanted a much more tailored feel to my pants.

Nice to hear the pants are not to baggy. My Gameness pants are quite baggy. I wanted a much more tailored feel to my pants.

These pants have a great cut....not baggy at but still roomy through the thigh area. Seriously I think these gi's are the best kept secret right now. I really surprised I haven't seen anyone wearing one. I've seen people in the regular Kikskins but not the Kompetitor gi. They are a bit pricey but I still think it's worth it.

I'll be ordering a white one soon as well.

i like it,

i freaked out a little when i recieved the size up, but I washed and dried it a bunch and it shrank a whole size.
if it fits perfect now, just make sure you hang dry.

I ordered a blue Kikskin Komp size A2 from mmamuscle a few weeks back and I just got it the other day. I didn't feel the need to create a new thread so I'm bumping this one.

The Kikskin Komp might be "the gi" for me as well. Right when I pulled it out of the box I knew I would love it. I put it on, and the size A2 fits my 5'11 160 lb body almost perfectly. The material feels really light but durable. The top is very comfortable on me. The pants and the collar are great as well. I haven't had the chance to roll in it yet (I might today if ATT is open), but I know that it's going to feel great on the mat.

I rate it a 9/10, which will probably jump to 10/10 once I roll in it.

Good service from mmamuscle.com also.

looking to by a kikshin... I'm 5 foot 5 and around 140-145... I'm thinking about getting an A1 but worrying about it shrinking when I wash it and debating getting a A2...

any thoughts??

SSF said:
Octane7 go with a A2 and shrink it down.

www.SSFgear.com

the kikskins don't come pre-shrunk right? I'll go with an A2 then and take your word for it... I hope it shinks properly to fit my 5'5 frame :/

octane7 said:
looking to by a kikshin... I'm 5 foot 5 and around 140-145... I'm thinking about getting an A1 but worrying about it shrinking when I wash it and debating getting a A2...

any thoughts??
Man.. a guy that's 5'11" and 160 says the gi fits him perfectly. I'd go with an A1.

i love my kikskin single... definately plan on getting a kompetitor for my next gi

Back