Kikskin Kompetitor Review

I just ordered a Kikskin Kompetitor. I will write up my review of it in this thread once I get it.

Can't wait to see your write up. We're torn on what brand to carry for our Gi's and this will certainly make that decision an easier one :).

Ok, I received my GI yesterday. I am 6'0 195lbs so I ordered a A3. When it arrived the top fit almost perfectly but the pants were enormous. I threw them both in the wash and while they both shrunk some, the pants are still really big in the waist. I mean like size 44 big, but the rest of the pant seems just right. The top shrunk down and is a bit small at the moment, but I imagine after rolling in it a couple of times it will fit me perfectly.

Overall the Atama single weave is still my favorite GI overall but the Kikskin is pretty good and I am not sorry I purchased it.

I will see if I can't get some pics of the Kikskin for you guys.

I have noticed that ALL of my gi pants have enormous waists -- when I cinch them tight, they end up bunching up in the front and spilling over the drawstring. I'm not slender daisy either -- I have a 33" waist and I wear an A3. My Vulkan, Koral, and Gameness Pearl, all in A3, have this problem. The length of the pants is fine, but the waists are just massive!

RadBoy - I would be very interested in seeing some pics. I just ordered my Kikskin Kompetitor the other day. Should be here Monday I think. Did you dry the top or did it just naturally shrink from the wash?

RadBoy - I would be very interested in seeing some pics. I just ordered my Kikskin Kompetitor the other day. Should be here Monday I think. Did you dry the top or did it just naturally shrink from the wash?

I dryed the gi. The top fits very well. I will try and get a pic of it today when I go home for lunch.

Ok, dont have pics yet cause I am lazy, but I wore my Kompetitor tonight to class and I have to say that it is now my favorite Gi. The top fits perfectly and while the waist of my pants is still enormous, it has to be close to a size 44, they fit very well.

Hopefully I will get some pics of me in it for your guys this week.

I just got my kikskin kompetitor today... It looks great. Love the patches.
The gi feels really good to roll in. I find the pants a bit baggy though... just like keiko.
Nothing beets the atama pants for me...
The top of this gi though is really nice, very thick collar... the sleeves are a bit short.

im just wondering, doesn't the kikskin have a notorious reputation of having the sleeves shrinking so much that its un-usable ?:eek:

im just wondering, doesn't the kikskin have a notorious reputation of having the sleeves shrinking so much that its un-usable ?:eek:

Is that kikskin? I didn't think so. And so far my sleeves are just fine.

Oh yeah, nice bump guys :p.

Back