KO Fight Gear Gloves Review

canucknoob

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I think these gloves have been reviewed a couple of times but I felt compelled to offer up another opinion on these gloves. For some background, this is my 4th pair of gloves - the others have been Thaismai, Boes, and some cheap no-name crap (my 1st pair).

I ordered the gloves from Neil at KO Fight Gear on Februrary 12th (a Sunday) and the gloves arrived to Canada by USPS Airmail yesterday (February 21). Let me say first and foremost that 7 business day shipping to Canada is very fast (considering Jiu Jitsu Pro Gear has yet to ship my order after 5 business days). I also found Neil to be very responsive and helpful - much more so than many other online retailers.

The first thing I noticed when I pulled them out of the box was the quality of the leather and the construction. For $30, these gloves simply cannot be beaten in these areas. The leather (which I've heard is from Pakistan) is really very nice. The photos on the website do not do the gloves justice (if I had a digital camera I would provide some pics). All of the seams are well done and look like they will hold up to a good beating.

I had a chance to use the gloves last night at the gym for bag & pad work. They are very comfortable, but a little on the large side (my knuckles are 8" for those who know mma gloves). Even with full wraps I still felt like they were a little big as I had to really squeeze my fist to close the gloves (this could just be that I'm used to my worked in gloves). The cell foam padding is excellent offering good feel and should hold up over time. One of the nicest parts of the glove is the padded wrist - although I found I could never quite get it as tight as I would have liked, that again is probably just due to the gloves needing a bit of a break in (I haven't had to work in gloves for a while and probably just forget what it's like when they're new).

Overall I can HIGHLY RECOMMEND the KO fight gear 16oz gloves - which are also available in 12oz... not only would I recommend the gloves, but dealing with Neil at KO was a real pleasure. I hope some of you who are in the market for some sparring gloves will take advantage of these hidden gems. Cheers!

PROS - Quality leather, durable construction, thickly padded wrist, good velcro strap, fantastic customer service, great looks in black (although also a con), fast shipping.

CONS - You can have them in any color as long as it's black :)

great gloves, i love them for the price. I also purchased a muay-thai banana bag from them and its also great.

Yea I bought several pairs of grappling gloves from him and well impressed with service and the quality and fit.He is like Ron at SSF ,he got game !

I cant find KO Fight Gear on google.. url please?

www.kofightgear.com ...i have been dealing with them for almost a year now, they are really cool, i bought thai pads from them, and they are honestly better than any thaipads i have used...and neil is really cool and i have on more than one occasion called just for a chat, however...i ordered thai boxing shorts from them, and the crotch is far too low, with no exageration at all, i litterally had to pull them up to my nipples to throw a head kick...but everything else i have touched of theirs is amazing, good review and thanks

from personal experience,i don't like ko fightgear.their thai pads are so hard it's ridiciulous.

that's what i love about their thai pads, you're vagina is showing dude...just kidding, some people like it soft...i hope you know that the vagina thing was a joke

this review should be moved to the "review" section.. :wink:

I've purchased thai pads and head gear from Neil and he's a great guy. I've had the thai pads for over a year and they are very durable. I don't see them breaking down like my friend's Fairtexs. The head is good, but slips a little bit and needs to be adjusted, but dealing with Neil is awesome.

ive ordered teh glove head gear and shin insteps, and they are all great products! great guy also

only con i have are the gloves 16 oz run a little small but other than that A+

I have their 16oz glozes, Thai pads, and shin/instep guards. All great products, and excellent customer service

Whats wrong with their gloves? They were my first pair and I still use them for sparring. They're pretty solid gloves for the money bro IMO, no frills but at least they're solid and dependable.

hey clamp, a little off topic but you said you liked the blue bomber head gear? How would you compare it to KO's head gear? W/ shipping the blue bomber would be about 38 bucks, KO has free shipping so the head gear is 50 right now.
Suggestions? Is it worth an extra 12 bucks, i don't need heavy heavy duty head gear, im only using it about once a week anyway

I did a review on it in the forum some where,but I like both alot but honestly I would buy the KOs because of more safety features and its a full face headgear.

He was probably talking about the MMA gloves. The Sparring gloves however are the best on the market.

I had my first pair for 6 years! They've been through MMA practices, Muay Thai bag, pad and sparring rounds, and I even used them while I was in Thailand.

I just got a new pair today (ordered them 2 days ago) because after 6 years of daily use, they had a little tear on them and rather than tape them or live with it I happily got a new pair.

I can't say enough good things about KO fight gear.

I wish there was an area to review their stuff on their site, or a way to get the word out a little better.

Had to chime in on this thread now that i've been using the gloves for 9 months . . . .

I'll order these again. The customer service was great. The product is sturdy after several months of continous use (I use these for sparring and bag work about 3-5 days a week).

Great product :)

I just ordered a pair of these today based largely on the positive in this and other threads. My current gloves are terrible. I got them before I knew what I was doing, but I've lived with them because quality gloves tend be very expensive. Sounds like these might be the perfect marriage of quality and affordability.

Back