News 'Korean Superboy' Doo Ho Choi returns at UFC Vegas 94 on July 20th vs. Bill Algeo

lmaaaaaaaaaaaaaaao this is hilarious

They tried to give him the easiest lay up in Kyle Nelson, one of the worst fighters on UFC roster past present and future, then it didn't work, so now they are giving him the guy who lost to Kyle Nelson himself lmaaaaaaaaaaaao

200.gif

Let's go Superboy!! That 1-2 against Tavares was probably one of the cleanest 1-2 KOs I've seen

I think the ship sailed for him. He only knows how to move forward and backwards. Fun style but not very technical.

Is Bill fighting in another shithole? That’s the real question

This is a bizarre matchup. Algeo may have lost his last fight but Choi hasn't won a fight in 8 years. Algeo has won 10 fights in that time.
They're both coming off fights against the same opponent.

Algeo got KO'ed.

Choi got robbed of a win from a bullshit point deduction.

The matchmaking is fine.

If Algeo's chin is gone then Choi should be able to pick up a win, if not, he gets overwhelmed and loses a decision.

The Cub fight was 8 years ago. Last time Choi won, Obama was still president. I'm honestly surprised he's still in the promotion.

I hope he goes on a run again. I want it bad to happen.

With his fight schedule the Korean Superboy will turn into Korean Grandpa in about two more fights.

I had huge expectations for Choi. He was the hottest up and comer on my radar until he fell off hard. Hope he does better now and goes on a run.

Reactions: TCE
Weird fight.

Superboy has been away forever, but Algeo has bum level striking skills.

If Superboy is anything like he was he can probably win this easily.

It has always been like pulling teeth to get Doo Ho Choi to fight. Even before he disappeared for 3 years, he would routinely take 12+ months off in between fights.

After Choi's brief splash of flashy knockouts against journeymen on the decline, he settled in to his role as a nail for fighters hanging around the fringes of the top 15.

Algeo has never knocked anybody out in the UFC, so it doesn't make much sense to waste a nail on him. They should have fed Choi to somebody that will viciously KO him to add to their highlight reel.

1*2oNQ0q4c9eZO8vrmF0ZJ9g.gif

23e056fbd754fadf2c78208fbf3145839c4b7c23r1-444-250_00.gif

ac35d43bf8ad72992ff7c5de11243d73.gif

tumblr_oi10ztKIP31r7vh24o7_540.gifv

tumblr_oi10ztKIP31r7vh24o5_540.gifv

tumblr_oi10ztKIP31r7vh24o1_540.gifv

Hall of Famer Doo Ho Choi returns at UFC Vegas 94
2316688946_HOF_SwansonChoi_1200x1200_ENG.jpg

Not afraid to tell the truth even as a fanboy either Swanson or Stevens or both really took Chois soul it would appear

He has been a shell of himself since then and hasnt shown much improvement.

His chin seems shattered as well

Didn't see a thread on it. This is a fun fight but Algeo is a tough dude to fight after a long layoff.

ANOTHER long lay off.

This will probably be Choi's final UFC fight.

Back