Kron had the most pathetic performance from a male fighter since CM Punk

Did you meant to say "exception?" Can't even get your words right just like your terrible example

Kron comes from the side that believes all their jiujitsu is geared for fighting and should be translated easily. All the guys I listed are all sport BJJ guys with extensive sport BJJ backgrounds that are doing much better than Kron despite his hardcore belief that BJJ should be for fighting exclusively.
You are a moron if you are comparing "most jiujitsu guys you roll with" and average local tournaments with elite level sport BJJ guys transferring over to MMA

I'm not comparing elite level Jiu Jitsu just the average blue and purple belt that are just barely starting to learn the basics.

But looking at elite BJJ guys like Mikey Muscumeci, Miyao brothers, and many other elite guys have dog shit wrestling. You won't find that in elite Sambo guys.

Terrible for Gracie JJ as a hole. Who wants to learn that self defense syatem?
It the "pooch scoot boogie" all the rage these days in Brasil.

Rickson after "he was never my blood he's adopted"

Fighters got to know how terrible pooch scooting looks

Modern day Graice's are BJJ practitioners not fighters old school Grace's fight any where street, ring, octagon regardless they had a chip on their shoulder to protect the family name now days new generations graice's can charge loads of money for bjj classes because of their last name.
It's no surprise that the modern Gracie fighters are riding the coattails of their older uncles etc. It seems that the older Gracie generation was constantly having to fight challenge matches so they were always ready to go, trained for street, and took it more seriously.. IMO Kron has never had to do a challenge match that I'm aware of.
Roger Gracie said it best by saying only 30% of his jiu jitsu is good for MMA... so what's the rest good for? sports

Jiu-Jitsu doesn’t need a wake up call, 99.9999% of no-gi champs have doubles/singles and standing sweeps of some kind.

It’s the GRACIE family, Helio’s descendants mainly, that refuse to wake up.

This so much. This was GJJ circa 1993, not today’s BJJ. Certainly not today’s no gi BJJ.

From one perspective, you could say GJJ proved that you can use it to survive a fight (which the elder Gracie’s considered a win).

The other perspective is that it ain’t going to win a fight in the UFC.

FWIW, Jourdain did a good job of keeping his head low and keeping Kron’s hips blocked with his elbows.

This so much. This was GJJ circa 1993, not today’s BJJ. Certainly not today’s no gi BJJ.

From one perspective, you could say GJJ proved that you can use it to survive a fight (which the elder Gracie’s considered a win).

The other perspective is that it ain’t going to win a fight in the UFC.

FWIW, Jourdain did a good job of keeping his head low and keeping Kron’s hips blocked with his elbows.
Doesn't museci just butt scoot?

That was a legit CM Punk level performance. Just toughness to eat shots. 0 striking. 0 wrestling. Guard pull to eating GNP lmaoooo WTF....

fetchimage

This is what happens when you move away from your usual training partners and just do Jiu-jitsu for a MMA fight...

Shows how much the game has changed...

He was better with the Diaz bros around...

Doesn't museci just butt scoot?

i haven’t gotten a chance to watch Friday night’s match. But he did against the Mongolian dude if I remember correctly. This makes sense, hell if the rules allow, why try to fight a judoka?

On the other hand, the Ruotolos didn’t.

Anyway, it goes way beyond just takedowns. Kron’s whole closed guard only game is an anachronism. Today’s BJJ, as seen in ADCC, is leg lock, wrestle up, just get up, heavy.

Every BJJ master moving to MMA should spend 2+ years training nothing but wrestling and takedowns. Best combo in MMA. Just ask all the Dagestans, Matt Hughes, GSP etc..

Pure BJJers trying to get their opponent to the ground is one of the more painful visuals in MMA.

Gonna say it - I fucking hate watching Gracie fighters. They're all fucking shit - no striking, no wrestling, nothing. Boring ass fighters, and that's been the case for a long time now going back to the likes of Roger and Rolles.

I missed it.
was it that bad? Worth rewatching?

You've seen it before. Paul Craig did similar.

BJJ guy the can't close distance or fight standing at all. Decent chin but we only know that because he has no striking offense OR defence. Looks uninterested because the fight is not taking place in the area of his expertise. Loses.

Sulks after

Gonna say it - I fucking hate watching Gracie fighters. They're all fucking shit - no striking, no wrestling, nothing. Boring ass fighters, and that's been the case for a long time now going back to the likes of Roger and Rolles.

Roger's such a strange one. I trained at his School in London. A quiet man, but has a good deal of fighter DNA in him. As far aggressive BJJ goes, his style of fighting and training are all fight based... not a 3 hour clasee over positional detail and 20 mins of rolling. It's all rolling there. A lot of combat based theory.....

But then fights like he just hates it. It's almost as if they see these fights as promotional opportunities for their schools.

Pretty much what UFC 1 was driving at, and very successful it was too.

Why do people post the GIFs of WMMA with terrible technique when this is just as bad?

That second strike looked like he was trying to swat a fly on Maia's head.
If it had connected Damien Maii would be dead bro, Ben Askren is a killer.

Back