Largest comeback finish by division

Shay Brennan

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
This stats is based on striking deficit in a finished fight.

HW: Derrick Lewis vs Alexander Volkov -82
LHW: Kennedy Nzechukwu vs Carlos Ulberg -64
MW: Anderson Silva vs Chael Sonnen -60
WW: Phil Rowe vs Niko Price - 47
LW: Claudio Puelles vs Felipe Silva -54
FW: Brian Ortega vs Renato Moicano -44
BW: Iuri Alcantara vs Luke Sanders - 71
FLW: Jimmy Flick vs Malcom Gordon - 34

W BW: Alexis Davis vs Sarah Kaufman -31
W FLW: Gillian Robertson vs Mariya Agapova -35
SW: Alex Chambers vs Kailin Curran -37

My favourite is Ortega.
Here's an interesting fact: Ortega holds 4 out of 10 largest comeback finishes at FW: against Moicano, Swanson, Brandao and most recently against Yair. And all of those finishes are by submission.

One of my favorites was Todd Duffee vs Mike Russow, Russow was a complete and utter punching bag the entire fight, Duffee was landing flush and often, Russow barely threw anything... but fair play Russow had a good chin and absorbed it all, so it was heading too a 30-25, then BOOM!!!!!!!! the hammerfist of DOOM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One of the best comebacks ever, and that hammerfist of doom destroyed Duffee's career, he was toast after that, could never recover.

My favourite is Ortega.
Here's an interesting fact: Ortega holds 4 out of 10 largest comeback finishes at FW: against Moicano, Swanson, Brandao and most recently against Yair. And all of those finishes are by submission.
Edit nevermind I am wrong. I'm not sure why I thought Puelles's win over Silva was at 135 lol ignore this

SilVa vs Sonnen is the most legendary one, Ortega vs Moicano and Kongo vs Barry were super exciting also

My favourite is Ortega.
Well those stats are very misleading, the Ortega vs Moicano fight wasn't a comeback at all, all 3 judges had it at one round a piece going into the third, and Brian was winning the third when he got the submission.

Silva/Sonnen is by far my fave.

Brother-in-law and myself was the only ones going for Silva in this bar in rural Ohio. The salt was a feast for the senses.

Reactions: HHJ
tumblr_nyvomvWfaa1upwz95o1_400.gif

There isn't no bigger comeback than Matt Schnell against Su Mudaerji. Watch the fight if you don't believe me. That was without a doubt the greatest comeback I've ever seen in my life.

Silva/Sonnen is by far my fave.

Brother-in-law and myself was the only ones going for Silva in this bar in rural Ohio. The salt was a feast for the senses.
Watched that at a buffalo wild wings. The crowd there was insane. We were talkin so much shit to each other. SO much fun

There isn't no bigger comeback than Matt Schnell against Su Mudaerji. Watch the fight if you don't believe me. That was without a doubt the greatest comeback I've ever seen in my life.

Couldnt find the full fight on YT

but DC is goin crazy lmao

Couldnt find the full fight on YT

but DC is goin crazy lmao

Matt was literally finished on the feet like 5 times in that fight and the way he turned it around and brutalized Su in the end was insane.

Last edited:
Watched that at a buffalo wild wings. The crowd there was insane. We were talkin so much shit to each other. SO much fun
I would have loved that too, but he is black, and we can’t take chances with drunkards and being so outnumbered in BFE. When he threw up that triangle though, we jumped up and started hugging like fangirls and those fellas were PISSED!

Drunk up some of their delicious tears and wonderful bleating and beat it… The seemed to get hotter by the second lol

Back