Last ever songs recorded bands/singers.

scorpiorising

The world eater
@Brown
Reaction score
Trying something a little different. Post the absolute last song recorded and actually released by an artist or singer before they split/retired/died. If impossible to find last recording then just the last song of the last album released.

I'll try to post one a day or so here when I'm at work.

ACDC-Ride On.
Not ACDC last song obviously but this was the last song ever recorded by the original singer Bon Scott.

Great idea.

"Where Did You Sleep Last Night" - the last song performed by Nirvana at their Unplugged show, I don't think they played again before Kurt passed away.

I love the line about sitting on a park bench older than my country. I discovered this band/song before I did study abroad and discovered that line when I was sitting on a bench that apparently was like 600 years old in Spain.

Misfits - Hellhound
The last song recorded in the last session of the original Misfits band. Its way more metal than previous works. Not one of my Favourites for sure. Mephisto Waltz was recorded after this but was never released under any banner and may have had a different lineup completely.

According to the OP, I should post the last song on the album, but I’m going to post the title track instead.
“You Want It Darker” was released 17 days before his death.

“Hineni, Hineni
I’m ready, my Lord.”
—Leonard Cohen

Ceremony was the last song Ian Curtis recorded with Joy Division before he committed suicide. Only a demo version exists with Curtis on vocals. Bernard Sumner would sing the lead when the song was re-recorded for New Order.

The last song Ian Curtis sang was Digital. This was the encore for what turned out to be the final Joy Division concert. Earlier in the night, Curtis had to be helped offstage when he had a seizure but he was able to return for the final song.

This is one of, if not the last song Jeff Buckley ever recorded. Just him.

edit: this is wrong, this was recorded in 1992.
I thought, incorrectly, that it being the last song on disc 2 of "Sketches.." that it was his final song.
One of the songs on disc 2 is, tho.

Last edited:
Ceremony was the last song Ian Curtis recorded with Joy Division before he committed suicide. Only a demo version exists with Curtis on vocals. Bernard Sumner would sing the lead when the song was re-recorded for New Order.

The last song Ian Curtis sang was Digital. This was the encore for what turned out to be the final Joy Division concert. Earlier in the night, Curtis had to be helped offstage when he had a seizure but he was able to return for the final song.

Goddamn, good fucking pick. I love the entire “Still” record so much.

Last edited:
Back