Last game you played that you considered a masterpiece 10/10.

Spider-Man 2018? Every version of it that they gave Peter the 'plain' face is interior to the original release.

OIP.pY_OkiAC0pL75VF4P2K1KwHaEK
I'd say the best recent game I've played is the Dead Space remake. A few flaws here and there, but overall its the closest to a 10/10.

Last edited:
Spider-Man 2018? Every version of it that they gave Peter the 'plain' face is interior to the original release.

OIP.pY_OkiAC0pL75VF4P2K1KwHaEK

I'd say the best recent game I've played is the Dead Space remake. A few flaws here and there, but overall its the closest to a 10/10.

I've never played the original.

I've never played the original.

Putting this is spoilers because I don't want to derail your thread. I'll edit my above post.

Understood, and its one of those 'Why did they do that' issues with newer versions of popular games.

They 'update' some characters face models, and its a clear & obvious downgrade.

For some reason they did the same with Tess in TLOU remake.

OIP.z8W1eI0CbPSyiz91ahQUeAHaEK

I'm like 50 hours into Cyberpunk 2077 and it's pretty spectacular. Not really a screenshots guy but I find myself stopping to take photos all the time in it. The gameplay, writing, voice acting, aesthetics ... are all on point, one of the best games I've ever played for sure (I also read a ton of cyberpunk books back in the day and I think it nails the feel of like William Gibson and shit). It's one of those games I'll be sad when I finish it but still got a shit ton to do I think

I also played and completed Spiderman a few months back and it was pretty impressive, as someone who doesn't gaf about comic books. Before that I played Guardians of the Galaxy (Not knowing anything about the franchise) and thought it was amazing too

I'm like 50 hours into Cyberpunk 2077 and it's pretty spectacular. Not really a screenshots guy but I find myself stopping to take photos all the time in it. The gameplay, writing, voice acting, aesthetics ... are all on point, one of the best games I've ever played for sure (I also read a ton of cyberpunk books back in the day and I think it nails the feel of like William Gibson and shit). It's one of those games I'll be sad when I finish it but still got a shit ton to do I think

Cyberpunk and New Vegas for me.

Finishing Cyberpunk with Phantom Liberty gave me withdrawal a few months back, I hadn't felt that since wrapping up the Dark Souls trilogy. Through the anime, no coincidence book, the soundtrack, and all the great lore videos out there, along with the game, I was total consumed by it for a good few months. I love that world, can't wait for the sequel!

With the series and Fallout London around the corner (now delayed, thx BSG) and the only other IP that consumed as much as Cyberpunk/DS did, I decided to fire up New Vegas again, as I only ever played it once in the early 2010's. I used a mod for it called a tale of two wastelands, which brings a ton of fixes/cut content, but also brings Fallout 3 into the New Vegas gameplay improvements.

I played New Vegas, then Fallout 3, which is still great, and so much better with the mod. However, New Vegas is still one of the best RPG's ever made, and well worth playing despite its age.

As great as Cyberpunk is, you don't really have too many game changing choices, and your impact on the world is rarely felt. In New Vegas, you're constantly shaping things.

The bonus of playing those older titles is that Fallout 4, which I just fired up after the update, looks incredible lol

Ghost of Tsushima

Surpassed all my expectations and just might be my favorite game of all time. I stayed away from spoilers and most media until I got a PS5 and got the Director's Cut. That was an excellent decision on my part.

Honorable mention to Witcher 3- Hearts of Stone DLC. Brilliant writing, brilliant gameplay, brilliant execution. The theme and Olgierd von Everec's arc still haunt me and resonate with me, several years after playing it.

Nice shout outs to CP 2077 I really enjoyed that too, surpassed my expectations as well.

God of War Ragnarok
Starcraft 2 series

Hadn't heard of this, thanks. I like these kinds of games.

On modern consoles there's an extra charge for optimization to 4K/60FPS, with a shitload of extra cars & tracks.

Very much worth it for $10, and this is the rare situation that paid DLCs / Season Passes are giving the developers what they deserve, and a way to tell the entire industry "We want more fun shit like this!"

Not a "masterpiece", but a game I played most recently that just went down like a great T-Bone steak, that I had no real complaints about, was "The Evil Within 2"

It's more "underrated", but honestly, it's one of the best survival horror games I've ever played. It's so damn tight in every area.

I don't give out 10/10's much, I can say there's barely been any games I'd give that to, they'd have to both be a great game and be something I connect with on a personal level. The last one was probably Breath of the Wild. I'd probably give only six or seven games a 10/10 in the past 20 years or so.
There's been others that have been great experiences that hit me at the right time that are just as memorable gameplay experiences as the 10/10 games in many ways but they don't play as well as nor have the replay value of the 10/10 games.
There are also games I have put a lot of hours in that just have a lot of variety (some rogue-likes) or scratch my competitive itch (some multiplayer games and some super difficult platformers) but I wouldn't consider them 10/10 games.

Back