Last/Next Concert(s) and tour/show announcement thread

I saw Slipknot 3 weeks ago. Coming up..

Korn/Zombie
Ghost
Dope
Mushroomhead
MGK

Saw Marilyn Manson and Slipknot last Wednesday. Great show. Manson surprised the hell out of me by being much better than I thought he would. Slipknot performed the majority of the Iowa album which was awesome and Corey Taylor was playing with a broken neck so he said he couldn't jump around. Might be crazy but I actually enjoyed Manson more than Slipknot but that may be because I have seen Slipknot numerous times and this was my 2nd time seeing Manson.

I'm thinking of watching the broadcasted last concert of The Tragically Hip tonight (if that counts as an actual "next" concert). I can always watch the fights at a later date.

Saw Iron Maiden in Tulsa back in feb, my girls and I are going to check out Slayer/Anthrax in Dallas on 10/7,and we have tix for the almighty BLACK SABBATH the following month back in Tulsa!!!!!
I know it's only supposed to be 2016 shows but we caught Danzig at the Brady Theater this time last year and Glenn personally handed my wife a shirt from the stage. Afterwards, we met the other guys in the band and got the shirt and other stuff autographed...if only I brought my Death Dealer and Jaguar God comic books that GD wrote.

Last one was Phish in Syracuse 7/10

Next is Lockn' festival this Thursday - Sunday

I thought about going to Umphrey's in Boston last week but it was hot as hell here. I've seen them more than any other band (141 shows.) I'm from Chicago and they used to play tons of shows in the area. Seeing them opening night of Lockn' for the first time in over 2 years.

Buckethead cancelled an October show in Providence RI I was planning on which sucks.

Dino Jr. is here in November but I'll likely be in Chicago for Thanksgiving. Seen them a handful of times and they put on great shows. Though I have permanent hearing damage from being too close to the speaker cabinets at one of their shows. My ears rang for several days afterwards. Now I have issues hearing conversations when there's a lot of background noise.

Last show I saw was my morning jacket and they're always great. Next show is Kaleo in San Antonio
That's awesome good to hear. They seem to get better every time. I saw them for the 4th time in May and it was one of the best sets I've ever seen anyone play.

Last one was Phish in Syracuse 7/10

Next is Lockn' festival this Thursday - Sunday

I thought about going to Umphrey's in Boston last week but it was hot as hell here. I've seen them more than any other band (141 shows.) I'm from Chicago and they used to play tons of shows in the area. Seeing them opening night of Lockn' for the first time in over 2 years.

Buckethead cancelled an October show in Providence RI I was planning on which sucks.

Dino Jr. is here in November but I'll likely be in Chicago for Thanksgiving. Seen them a handful of times and they put on great shows. Though I have permanent hearing damage from being too close to the speaker cabinets at one of their shows. My ears rang for several days afterwards. Now I have issues hearing conversations when there's a lot of background noise.

You would like my friends. They will be at Lockn' with you and I would be too if I could afford it. I'm pretty jealous of you it's going to be amazing. The amount of times you've seen Umph is amazing dude. How in the hell have you made that happen? I'll be seeing them three different nights over the next two months.

I believe Buckethead has cancelled a few shows this tour.

Saw Marilyn Manson and Slipknot last Wednesday. Great show. Manson surprised the hell out of me by being much better than I thought he would. Slipknot performed the majority of the Iowa album which was awesome and Corey Taylor was playing with a broken neck so he said he couldn't jump around. Might be crazy but I actually enjoyed Manson more than Slipknot but that may be because I have seen Slipknot numerous times and this was my 2nd time seeing Manson.

Manson puts on a good show from what I've seen. I have also heard plenty of complaints though.

Last edited:
I started seeing UM in early 2001. They used to play street festivals in Chicago and were constantly playing Illinois and Wisconsin. Madison WI and Milwaukie both have venues that were regular stops outside of Chicago, plus The Canopy Club at U of I was a favorite venue for them because of the lighting systems in place at the venue. Hell, in 2002 they played 4 shows in 2 days at Schuba's in Chicago, an early show and a late show each day.

Two weeks later they played a street fest in Chicago and two weeks after that another street fest in Chicago, Bonnaroo the following week, 2 shows at The Skyline stage a month after that, New Years runs every year from 02 - 08, a bunch of Summercamp's, first two Caribbean Holidaze in Jamaica (best shit ever!) It was easy to see them a lot in the early days. Now they rarely play Chicago but I moved so it doesn't matter much now.

That's awesome good to hear. They seem to get better every time. I saw them for the 4th time in May and it was one of the best sets I've ever seen anyone play.

You would like my friends. They will be at Lockn' with you and I would be too if I could afford it. I'm pretty jealous of you it's going to be amazing. The amount of times you've seen Umph is amazing dude. How in the hell have you made that happen? I'll be seeing them three different nights over the next two months.

I believe Buckethead has cancelled a few shows this tour.

Manson puts on a good show from what I've seen. I have also heard plenty of complaints though.
It was right after princes death so they had a 20 minute set dedicated to him

I started seeing UM in early 2001. They used to play street festivals in Chicago and were constantly playing Illinois and Wisconsin. Madison WI and Milwaukie both have venues that were regular stops outside of Chicago, plus The Canopy Club at U of I was a favorite venue for them because of the lighting systems in place at the venue. Hell, in 2002 they played 4 shows in 2 days at Schuba's in Chicago, an early show and a late show each day.

Two weeks later they played a street fest in Chicago and two weeks after that another street fest in Chicago, Bonnaroo the following week, 2 shows at The Skyline stage a month after that, New Years runs every year from 02 - 08, a bunch of Summercamp's, first two Caribbean Holidaze in Jamaica (best shit ever!) It was easy to see them a lot in the early days. Now they rarely play Chicago but I moved so it doesn't matter much now.
That kicks ass man I love those guys. Two times I've seen them were a complete waste of time. Totally blacked out during one and left to throw up in my car at another.

Last show was Savages back in April. They were monstrously fabulous as always. Crowd was slacking tho.

Next batch of shows : Band Of Skulls, Devin Townsend Project, Wolves in the Throne Room, Gojira, M83

Saw Dream Theater in May. Hoping Kamelot comes back in the fall.

Decided to fly out to Vancouver (Canada). Rented a vehicle will drive down to portland tomorrow to watch this band Get Dead - spend Friday in Seattle, then drive up and watch UFC Fight Night in Vancouver.

Get Dead's - A song off of their latest Album that came out at the end of July.

Alice in chains in September.

Last concert was In Dynamics (supporting Empire) back in July.

Next one is a Black Peaks and Heck co-headliner in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
Summer Slaughter Tour last weekend. That was fucking great.

Then I have Haken and Thank You Scientist 9/9 and The Devin Townsend Project/Between the Buried and Me on 9/13. Probably going to catch The Dillinger Escape Plan on their final tour in October.

Hometown Throwdown.

Dustin Lynch
Parmalee
Jon Pardi

Then, sadly, FGL in November... but not for FGL, mostly for this guy:

Then, The Chief... Eric FUCKING Church in March

Last show I went to was Jello Biafra and the Guantanamo School of Medicine.Jello Biafra is not easy to hold up when he stage dives anymore. Not exactly tiny. Jumped right on top of my head during the encorce. Looking for some other shows to go to, but I dont have a lot of free time. Plus not a lot of shows in my town. Sucks.
Edit: going to prophets of rage on September 13th!

Last edited:
I saw Judge over the winter and am hoping the Misfits reunion shows go well so they'll add more shows.

ill be seeing bone thugz n harmony in a month, and then in nov ill be seeing soilwork, unearth, and battle cross. I also got the vip package so i get to meet the bands.

Had fun at the Get Dead concert. Drive was longer than I expected - basically from seattle to tacoma was stop and go. Then go lost in Portland. But some good punk always wakes me up.

Back