Television Last Two Seasons of Fargo

Brother Numsi

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
What the heck happened to this show?!

First season was awesome with Malvo and Lester

Second season was a masterpiece with Mike Milligan and the crime family

Third season was great too. Not as good as the second season but Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead were standouts

Season 4 and Season 5 were very disappointing.

Both seasons had their moments but Season 4 was just a plain mess with that storyline

Season 5 was a little better but is it me or is every male character an abusive brute, dumb, or just a complete effeminate wuss?

What the heck happened?!

I liked season 5. Not up to the same standard as the first 3 seasons, but better than anything else that was on

woke and broke stereotypes

I hate the term ‘woke’ now but it did feel that way throughout the show particularly Season 5. Season 4 didn’t feel woke mostly because it took place in the 1950s so of course racism was going to be a major theme with a black cast. Pretty unavoidable

But Season 5 was pretty ‘woke’ at times. The show had done such a great job of balancing race and gender themes without getting too preachy

Mike Milligan was such a phenomenally written character because Bokeem Woodbine’s complexion wasn’t the main focus to the story. Writer's need to take note on how to write a black character because Milligan was just that damn good

Didn’t watch season 4, but season 5 was a nothing but anti conservative garbage. It was so over the top that I won’t ever watch the show again. And you’re right, @Brother Numsi , Mike Milligan is probably the best character the show ever had.

I thought Malvo was a great character; I’m probably just biased towards season 2.

Season 2 was just masterful television

Up there with:

Game of Thrones Season 4
The Shield Season 5
Breaking Bad Season 5
The Wire Season 4
Justified Season 2
The Sopranos Season 2

I liked season 5. I haven't seen season 4 yet.

What the heck happened to this show?!

First season was awesome with Malvo and Lester

Second season was a masterpiece with Mike Milligan and the crime family

Third season was great too. Not as good as the second season but Ewan McGregor and Mary Elizabeth Winstead were standouts

Season 4 and Season 5 were very disappointing.

Both seasons had their moments but Season 4 was just a plain mess with that storyline

Season 5 was a little better but is it me or is every male character an abusive brute, dumb, or just a complete effeminate wuss?

What the heck happened?!
S1 was great. S2 was very good but for some reason I liked it less than most people. S3 was the best for me. S4 doesn t even deserve the Fargo brand.

Didn’t watch season 4, but season 5 was a nothing but anti conservative garbage. It was so over the top that I won’t ever watch the show again. And you’re right, @Brother Numsi , Mike Milligan is probably the best character the show ever had.
Mike Milligan is Chris Rock? Are you troling? That was literally the worst character in the entire show.

Every season of Fargo is good. The first three were just particularly good. And season 4 might as well be a different show altogether. It was set in neither the time, nor place, of every other season.

S1 was great. S2 was very good but for some reason I liked it less than most people. S3 was the best for me. S4 doesn t even deserve the Fargo brand.

I liked Season 1 a little more than Season 2 as well but I still think 2 was better overall.

Season 3 was good. Especially with Mary Elizabeth Winstead getting out of the bathtub.

My goodness

Seasons 1,2 > Season 3 >>> Season 5 >>>>>>>>>> Season 4

I would argue that the last scene in season 5 was incredible but yes, season 2 was the best and season 1 after that.

Mike Milligan is Chris Rock? Are you troling? That was literally the worst character in the entire show.
calm down

Mike milligan is the Kansas city mob rep in season 2
portrayed by bokeem woodbine
he was in season 4 as a boy and cameo but not the Chris rock character

also the person you quoted said they hadn't seen season 4… so how could they even say Chris rock was the best?

season 5 was really good but watching I could tell it would trigger some peeps

my ranking is
s2 > s1 > s3 > s5 > s4

I didn't hate season 4 but it was just too much of a departure for me
it kinda hit like a watered down boardwalk instead of fargo

but I liked Jason schwartzmen and seeing Genny in an American crime series

I just wanna see ciro now

calm down

Mike milligan is the Kansas city mob rep in season 2
portrayed by bokeem woodbine
he was in season 4 as a boy and cameo but not the Chris rock character

also the person you quoted said they hadn't seen season 4… so how could they even say Chris rock was the best?

season 5 was really good but watching I could tell it would trigger some peeps

my ranking is
s2 > s1 > s3 > s5 > s4

I didn't hate season 4 but it was just too much of a departure for me
it kinda hit like a watered down boardwalk instead of fargo

but I liked Jason schwartzmen and seeing Genny in an American crime series

I just wanna see ciro now
Shit you are right. And Mike Milligan is indeed a great character.

Back