Laura Sanko colour commentary - Rate It

What do you rate it at?

• Total voters
I think you underate very much how much work coaches have to do to coach, compared to tv commentators. I mean workload in and out of itself are just incomparable.

I'm not trying to call him just a comedian. He's a commentator and a rich celebrity. He does have BJJ background in black belt and TKD too.

I don't consider him an expert. Just because you commentate on something for that long, doesn't make one an expert. I've been studying MMA also for 20+ years. Does that make me an expert?

Of course, the standards of being an expert outside professional criteria are entirely subjective things.

I think Joe Rogan as a comedian who commentates on fights, nothing more, nothing less.

If I'm wrong, then I guess I'm wrong.

@MXZT But Joe Rogan is the last thing on this earth I'd get into debate about. Cheers and Happy Sunday.

I consider you an expert if you studied MMA for that long. Anyways I'll leave the talk alone about Rogan.

Just curious which analyst or commentators you consider experts on the field? DC I guess?

And Cheers to you bro, happy sunday to you as well! lol

She clearly does her homework on the fighters, and clearly studies and knows her techniques. Her personality didn't stick out to me much, and she didn't speak very frequently (first time on the big stage, so understandable), but I generally thought she was great. She'd be non-existent for long stretches, and then suddenly say something more practical or smarter than anything DC said all night. She's alright.

She clearly does her homework on the fighters, and clearly studies and knows her techniques. Her personality didn't stick out to me much, and she didn't speak very frequently (first time on the big stage, so understandable), but I generally thought she was great. She'd be non-existent for long stretches, and then suddenly say something more practical or smarter than anything DC said all night. She's alright.

Remember it's her first time under the big lights. Let her do commentary for 10-15 big PPV events she'll be much more comfortable and her flow will be seamless by than.

I consider you an expert if you studied MMA for that long. Anyways I'll leave the talk alone about Rogan.

Just curious which analyst or commentators you consider experts on the field? DC I guess?

And Cheers to you bro, happy sunday to you as well! lol

I think it's even longer for some of us Sherbros since it's TMA to MMA too, but just for MMA .

People with extensive background are whom I'd consider experts in the field. I personally really enjoy DC/Cruz combo, though some doesn't like that duo.

I prefer listening to fighters whom I considered elite fighters too. Guys like Felder and Bisping are experts for sure, but they weren't. But of course, you can be a great commentator without great MMA accomplishments.

Thanks bro! You too!

giphy.gif

She did fine. She seemed to be reacting to lighter shots more than normal, but that’s a tough job. She will only get better. She was the first to point out certain moves being attempted and was spot on.

She's better than Big John though, that guy acts like he's some big shot expert, while having never fought in his life, amatuer and/or professional. I will give her

To be fair, Big John has been refereeing since Noah's boat left port, so ...

I really really wanted to hate her because i hate women on commentary and think shes a bit of a try hard. But if i am being honest she did a great job. Especially compared to the other commentators the UFC usually uses.

I give her an 8

The energy in the booth was a little off and there were a few awkward moments by her but it ultimately could have been much worse. I actually think they should try her with Felder next time

Back