Social Law school students wearing flip flops

BloodyPoptart

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
I’m an ex felon and got into tons of trouble when I was 15-18years old, I’ve been in California the last 10 years and I’m generally an understanding and laid back guy. That being said, I had my first day of law school orientation today and I was shocked to see 90% of my classmates wearing business casual- polo shirts and jeans, some khakis, but only 4 or 5 people wearing suit/tie or true formal dress. Multiple students wearing shorts and sandals, one dude was even wearing flip flops.

I’m in Idaho now and it’s a good state school, not some rinky dink for-profit. When did it become acceptable to wear flip flops to law school, the first time most people are meeting their professors and peers???

My faculty mentor prosecuted war criminals for the UN and worked out of the Hague for 3 years. Seems absurd to me this caliber of thinker has to endure his students showing up in goddamn Flip flops.

I’m an ex felon and got into tons of trouble when I was 15-18years old, I’ve been in California the last 10 years and I’m generally an understanding and laid back guy. That being said, I had my first day of law school orientation today and I was shocked to see 90% of my classmates wearing business casual- polo shirts and jeans, some khakis, but only 4 or 5 people wearing suit/tie or true formal dress. Multiple students wearing shorts and sandals, one dude was even wearing flip flops.

I’m in Idaho now and it’s a good state school, not some rinky dink for-profit. When did it become acceptable to wear flip flops to law school, the first time most people are meeting their professors and peers???

My faculty mentor prosecuted war criminals for the UN and worked out of the Hague for 3 years. Seems absurd to me this caliber of thinker has to endure his students showing up in goddamn Flip flops.
I go to law scholl, if its too hot i go wearing flip flops, no one ever cared we are only topd to go with a suit in special ocassions ( which the teachers tell us before)

Who cares. Its school. The dude wearing the flops might be the smartest kid in the class for all you know.

yeah, and Barry bonds might not of used steroids

Oh boy, you have much to learn.

You know anyone who owns a business or even their own law firm? Many of these guys dress like they are in a resort. Sure, theyll wear their monkey suits for important engagements, but most of the time they are in full lax mode. It helps them keep their minds level and stay chill if anything.

You know anyone who owns a business or even their own law firm? Many of these guys dress like they are in a resort. Sure, theyll wear their monkey suits for important engagements, but most of the time they are in full lax mode. It helps them keep their minds level and stay chill if anything.

That’s weird, I went to the most applied-to university in the country for my undergrad and every graduate student I met was dressed like a professional.

It's law school. No one there is a practicing lawyer yet (I'd hope), so they're going to be as comfortable as possible before entering the grist mill.

That’s weird, I went to the most applied-to university in the country for my undergrad and every graduate student I met was dressed like a professional.

Its school. The funny thing is when you go to apply for a job, you will compete against a ton of others. How some people hire now is based on personality more then anything cause most have similar credentials on paper. My cousin who runs a law firm with a few others hired 3 lawyers just cause they had similar tastes in music...1 of whom has his office decorated with an electric guitar and pics of rock concerts he attended. He wears the most casual clothes and says his clients feel at ease when they deal with him. Said some lawyers are just way too intimidating and old school with their approach. Its a new day my friend.

Gotten to

Who do the students need to dress to impress? The others probably came straight from part time law clerk job or something.

I go to law scholl, if its too hot i go wearing flip flops, no one ever cared we are only topd to go with a suit in special ocassions ( which the teachers tell us before)

Your sentences and spelling are awful. Are you sure you are in law school?

Students dressing like students again? So?

Unless you lowkey wanted to tell us that you got into law school, congrats on changing your life around!
ti-salute.jpg

Your sentences and spelling are awful. Are you sure you are in law school?
I'm pretty sure dude pretty much learnt English via posting on Sherdog, I'd say his spelling and sentences are excellent considering..

That said, not seen @NoGoodNamesLeft on for a bit, I miss his words.

TS is the kind of guy that gets angry that workers are no longer crammed into dimly lit cubicles with no aircon wearing a shirt and tie while staring robotically at a screen for 8+ hours straight.

Welcome to the 21st century gramps.

I have worked at a law firm for the last 10 years. One of the best lawyers in my state constantly wears shirts that don't fit or have stains on them. This is a lawyer who is so good at his job he got a meth user bail after the guy bashed a grandma with a brick (Not saying it's right, but I'm saying he does his job) Clothing does not make the man or woman, it does not measure intelligence. I'll give you some advice, take the stick out of your booty and loosen up. Law school is likely the last place you'll enjoy law so enjoy your time there.

Back