Left at sea. How would you react?

Lavitz

It’s Showtime!
@Black
Reaction score

The fellow in this video was left at sea alone. Luckily they found him but imagine if they didn't?

All alone in the sea and it's getting dark. Who knows what could be under you at night? Sharks hunt at night...

So how would react? Freak out? Remain calm? This is why head count is important.

I'd just do Newt quotes on repeat until I got eaten. They mostly come out at night...

Mostly.

I wouldn't be worried about the sharks. Your metal tanks are clanging around, so they really aren't that interested in eating you. Humans mostly get attacked because they are on surf boards, and from underneath, they look like sea lions or turtles. The thing that I would be worried about is hypothermia. Old Jakey would never have made it through the night without freezing to death. Wetsuits work by holding a thin layer of water up against your skin. Your body temperature warms that water, allowing you to stay warm. However, the seals around your neck, ankles, and wrists are not waterproof, so your warm water will eventually leave and new cold water circulates in. Water conducts heat at 20X the rate of air, so your temperature will drop surprisingly fast. Without the warming sun at night, and after already spending long hours in the water already, a person will freeze to death for sure.

UKCFUma.gif

I would pray to Poseidon for forgiveness

Why are millennials recording themselves in situations like this? That dipshit lady who ran out of gas at the Grand Canyon recently did that.

It's only interesting if you actually die. If someone finds you, at least delete that shit off before someone sees it.

I'd probably start going off on some relatives, maybe some co-workers. If things were especially dire, I might even throw some jabs in at my wife.

You know, kind of like an old person who's getting close to dying and says whatever is on their mind cause they don't give a shit anymore.

I wouldn't be worried about the sharks. Your metal tanks are clanging around, so they really aren't that interested in eating you. Humans mostly get attacked because they are on surf boards, and from underneath, they look like sea lions or turtles. The thing that I would be worried about is hypothermia. Old Jakey would never have made it through the night without freezing to death. Wetsuits work by holding a thin layer of water up against your skin. Your body temperature warms that water, allowing you to stay warm. However, the seals around your neck, ankles, and wrists are not waterproof, so your warm water will eventually leave and new cold water circulates in. Water conducts heat at 20X the rate of air, so your temperature will drop surprisingly fast. Without the warming sun at night, and after already spending long hours in the water already, a person will freeze to death for sure.
Some people have survived over night in the ocean with less. It depends where you're at in the ocean too. He probably could have survived a night barring he gets held up in a storm and drowns. Or he swallows too much salt water and dehydrates to his death.

nah bud I'm canadian, we can't freeze.

I would shit my pants to keep the sharks away. plus doo-doo is naturally buoyant. I would then have a panic attack go unconscious and drown. problem solved.

Some people have survived over night in the ocean with less. It depends where you're at in the ocean too. He probably could have survived a night barring he gets held up in a storm and drowns. Or he swallows too much salt water and dehydrates to his death.
He should have his BCD, so that will keep him afloat. He can orally inflate it, so even if his tanks run out, he can maintain his buoyancy. I think if he had any real hope of making it through the night, he would need something to climb onto so he can get out of the water. The temperature is definitely his #1 threat.

Probably cry, and then beg forgiveness from Jesus, Buddha, MoMo, and whoever else will listen lol

Reminds me of that dude on I Shouldn't Be Alive. Same situation except he was out there for 4 days. He was in the water so long his skin peeled away from his hands and feet. One of my biggest fears is to get stuck out in the middle of the ocean.

That was me introducing my son to a Canadian for the first time. I'm surprised someone got this on video.

That could not be you because a sherdogger would never throw the overhand right so incorrectly.

Back