Media Let the Strickland / Costa smack talk commence...

I still don't think Paulo's striking is up to par for this. Dude was a head hunter in the Whittaker fight. He used to go to the body some and just dropped that entirely.
People head hunting Sean just whiff air. People got caught up in their feelings one hundred percent SURE Cannonier was going to KO Strickland and he didn't even land a hard shot.

Looking forward to some funny pre-fight banter.

Not Looking forward to some dumb pre-fight banter.

Both involved are full-time Alpha Males, they WILL tangle pre-fight.

Costa has been consistently funnier and quicker with his jokes and trash talk,
He should be good at it, he's been a full time social media guy and part time fighter since 2018.

Also, I'm surprised nobody shared costa's actual post, it was more than what was in the OP:
Not sure why they edited the neo-nazi part
costa.jpg

Dricus will just act like a normal person and Izzy will be "trying to sell"

It's going to be awkward for sure.
A whole lot of Ifrika back and forth will be enjoyable for me. Izzy really dislikes DDP's Ifrikan schtick, but it's not like Dricus is wrong when he reps the continent of his birth.

Paulo is entertaining in the cage, but:
- 4 fights in 4 years. Since 2018, this guy only fights once a year or not at all (2023)
- 1-3 record
- only managed to beat semi-retired Luke

I would have prefered to see Costa vs Cannonier, actually.

I think Sean wins the fight via decision.

2 great fighters who talk a lot of smack - Sean is just higher level skill wise though even though Costa is more exciting.
The way Costa likes to press forward and throw hooks, I can see Sean actually catching Costa with a clean right hand like he landed on Izzy. Sean spars guys like Costa or better than Costa on the Daily. Either way it's gonna be a fun fucking fight. I expect a win by Sean, late finish maybe.

Last edited:
I still don't think Paulo's striking is up to par for this. Dude was a head hunter in the Whittaker fight. He used to go to the body some and just dropped that entirely.
People head hunting Sean just whiff air. People got caught up in their feelings one hundred percent SURE Cannonier was going to KO Strickland and he didn't even land a hard shot.
I think Costa's coaches will game plan to go to the body for this fight if they have any common sense, especially given how hard it is to hit Sean.

strickland will passively jab him into a decision at best...shudders <nonemybusiness>
I've got it as a Strickland TKO in round 4 or 5. Juice boy is going to tire himself out swinging at air and end up getting stopped.

Why do I feel like Costa is becoming like Chandler, in the sense that he'll be competitive against the top guys but always lose, and can only pick up wins against past prime / lower tier fighters?

I'd love to see Costa win but I'm feeling like he's heading for another decision loss.

Lol did he actually call him a decision merchant?
If so, Costa is 100% shitposting on here as well as twitter lol
Costa doesn't know English to the point of shitposting here, he is one dumb mfer though.

Why do I feel like Costa is becoming like Chandler, in the sense that he'll be competitive against the top guys but always lose, and can only pick up wins against past prime / lower tier fighters?

I'd love to see Costa win but I'm feeling like he's heading for another decision loss.
That's good enough for me. If it was easy to be the best, everyone would be the best. Costa always brings it.

Back