Let's talk about the elephant in the room: Walt Harris' Shoulder Posture

OverhandRightKayo

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
We have ignored it long enough.
The coat hanger shoulders coupled with the perma-impingement of the cervical cavity (AKA no neck-syndrome) have impeded his true potential of punching power long enough. This unnatural perma-shrug of his shoulders arising from a subconscious need to have big shoulders, further confirmed by his recent Instagram post showing a pic of his younger basketball days where he admires his shoulders of all things, shows that Walt Harris has ruined his shoulder posture for years. It likely prevented him from becoming a champ and utilizing his athleticism and size and underpins a psychological weakness because of which he compensates by perma-shrugging and hampering his biomechanical symmetry, mobility, and functionality.

Here's the Instagram post where he's mirin' his shoulders yet not realizing that anyone can perma-shrug. It's just not healthy and doesn't mean that you have big shoulders:
Screenshot-20210606-103356.png

gettyimages-1141216462-612x612.jpg

1601325190-Walt-Harris.jpg

images.jpg

HARRIS-WALT-L.png

images-1.jpg

960x0.jpg

Screenshot-20210606-103206.png

STAR-FEAT-Walt-Harris-UFC-fighter.jpg

walt-harris-ufc-on-espn-8-getty-1.jpg

images-2.jpg

Last edited:
Also, he actually does have big shoulders, but shrugging makes them look smaller, so I don't know about your analysis, but I still like the effort and it indeed hampers his biomechanics.

Also, he actually does have big shoulders, but shrugging makes them look smaller, so I don't know about your analysis, but I still like the effort and it indeed hampers his biomechanics.
Precisely.

Maybe look up some family pics of his father. Sometimes bad posture simply comes from emulating/adopting your father's posture during childhood.
I 100% agree. We are mostly a product of our upbringing/environment/nurture, albeit adaptable and adjustable.

The coat hanger shoulders coupled with the perma-impingement of the cervical cavity (AKA no neck-syndrome) have impeded his true potential of punching power long enough. This unnatural perma-shrug of his shoulders arising from a subconscious need to have big shoulders, further confirmed by his recent Instagram post showing a pic of his younger basketball days where he admires his shoulders of all things, shows that Walt Harris has ruined his shoulder posture for years. It likely prevented him from becoming a champ and utilizing his athleticism and size and underpins a psychological weakness because of which he compensates by perma-shrugging and hampering his biomechanical symmetry, mobility, and functionality.

Here's the Instagram post where he's mirin' his shoulders yet not realizing that anyone can perma-shrug. It's just not a healthy and doesn't mean you have big shoulders:

images.jpg

HARRIS-WALT-L.png

images-1.jpg

960x0.jpg

images-2.jpg

Walt Harris instantly reminded me of this actor when I first saw him:

(Pick your image)
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffab&q=Stan+Shaw&iax=images&ia=images

Here's the Instagram post where he's mirin' his shoulders yet not realizing that anyone can perma-shrug. It's just not a healthy and doesn't mean you have big shoulders:

images.jpg

HARRIS-WALT-L.png

images-1.jpg

960x0.jpg

images-2.jpg

Doesnt he have a bunch of K.Os on his record lol?..

His issue isnt his shoulders its the fact he should be fighting 205 and has cardio issues at HW likely from lack of training and diet choices

Doesnt he have a bunch of K.Os on his record lol?..

His issue isnt his shoulders its the fact he should be fighting 205 and has cardio issues at HW likely from lack of training and diet choices
He's big. He's a heavyweight. He will have knockouts.

This isn't about him not having any KO's.

It's about him never reaching his true physical and functional potential and part of the reason is the posture.

And yes you're right. His diet and lifestyle choices only add on.

Could it simply be genetics? Like that's how his shoulders are in their neutral position?

Back