Lewis explanation for the follow up shots: “I’m not no Black B*tch, I’m The Black Beast...”

“We fighting till the ref says so”

Immediately after knocking out Blaydes as he was snoring on the ground. How did anyone not catch this GOLD one liner???

He’s completely right imo.

796932_640x360_large_20210221154107.jpg
He hit Blaydes with two shots when Curtis was unconscious. That said I have no problem with it. They're in a cage and it's not so easy to turn the 'switch off'. The ref is there to protect the fighters. It's a violent sport.

Last edited:
For me, given that Curtis was already hunched over it wasn't clear whether or not he went stiff until he rolled over onto his back. At this point, I think Lewis might have already committed to a follow-up

Monday morning quarter backing. No one knew he was out until he was out. Herb dean had a recent history of late or bad stoppages. Why not ensure victory?
Idk, maybe because the man was sleeping lol

Idk, maybe because the man was sleeping lol
No one knew he was knocked out until he fell and roll over. By then lewis already committed to follow up shots. Herb rushes to stop the fight. Everyone played it correctly.

When I was watching the fight. I think curtis maybe stumbled while angling off to get a single. Then he just fell and was stiff was a board. Commentators didn't know it either.

I don't get why people expect herb dean and lewis to react when the audience didn't then do Monday morning quarterbacking

It's called the hurt business for a reason. Sometimes this shit happens. It sucks but it's part of the game.

He's right.
Since when a fighter can decide when the fight is over? That's Herb Dean's job, period.

PS: Even the commentators didn't react immediately when Blaydes fell on the canvas, they wasn't sure what was happening

Black Beast did nothing wrong

Called it how it is for any haters is all he did

He knew he would get hated on immediately after those shots and spoke up. He aint no bitch.

Laugh, cry, or snore.

<WhatItIs>

But don't complain. It's not like we got a time machine, buddy. At least I don't.

The replies don't surprise me at all... no wonder there.

Lewis should have stopped. No need for that. Blaydes was all class. He apologized for the eye poke like twenty times.

Fight until the ref stops it works when it's a submission, because, if you stop, the guy can pretend he didn't tap.

It doesn't work in this case. You DON'T hit a passed out man. That's messed up.

Black Bum Lewis has low iq. What do you expect? For him to handle his emotions well?

Immediately after knocking out Blaydes as he was snoring on the ground. How did anyone not catch this GOLD one liner???

"You always hit a man when he's down. Unless you're a bitch." The classic, American fatherly adage.

Each case is different but when it’s obvious the fighter knows he’s out cold and takes advantage of the rules to inflict as much damage as possible on his unconscious opponent it’s like breaking a limb when he’s tapping but the ref hasn’t had a chance to stop it yet.

It’s a fucked up thing to do imo but it has to be allowed

If that’s true then why did the bitch immediately resort to blaming Dean for the punches? Maybe own your behavior instead of being a little blaming bitch about it?

meh.
IMHO fighters only continue because there's no punishment.
Which IMO should be when it is this blatant.

But as there aren't any penalties, the only thing you can say is that it is a dick move. And accept as part of the sport.

A lot of people (Lewis included) probably assumed that Blaydes panicked and was shooting for a single leg when he initially fell back.

The falling motion was real awkward and delayed (because of how big Blaydes is), so Lewis was already loading up for the first strike not knowing that Blaydes was already counting sheep.

And Blaydes also raised his thumb up when he went down so maybe Lewis took it as him saying “I’m still good” to the ref, or that he was just playing possum. Remember he’s still trying to process everything in split seconds.

Back