License to Conceal Usage

Philo-Publius

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
For those of you who have a license to conceal I have questions:

1. How often do you carry your concealed weapon?
2. In what type of place do you live (e.g., major metropolis, small town, rural)?

Last edited:

2. In what type of place do you live (e.g., major metropolis, small town, rural)?
Not as much as I probably should, but I really only make it a point to carry it when I know I'm going to places with a lot of people i.e. malls, movie theaters, etc. Clipping on the holster just isn't part of my daily routine.

I live in a small town/city.

I dont carry that often, I dont feel as if most social situations warrant it.

I live in south florida. The night life and women here make it impossible to stay inside on a weekend so I tend to go out to clubs/bars/lounges in downtown WPB, Los Olas(Fort Lauderdale) and South beach, thats when I usually concealed carry. You cant carry in MOST clubs, but the bars and lounges I deff have some iron on me just because the world is a crazy place.

I let my permit lapse when we got constitutional carry. I carry everywhere and have for 6 years or so. It’s fun to ignore the no firearms signs, especially in federal buildings.

I’m in a smaller city.

I’m in the Chicago suburbs. Probably will never need it, but I carry pretty much always when I’m not at the house or at work.

The advantage of carrying a small ccw pistol in a high quality holster. It’s comfortable enough where I don’t at all mind carrying it all the time. If I was one of these guys trying to exclusively carry a Glock 19, I probably wouldn’t carry nearly as often.

1) I don’t carry to work and back, as I don’t carry at work. So if I make a quick stop on way home for work I’m likely empty. But anytime I’m out from home unless I’m having a beer I likely have my handgun on me. Church, mall, movie theater are all places I 100% make sure to carry. Out to dinner for a restaurant or grocery store probably like 75% of time.

There are activities like working out or golfing where I don’t carry as the chance to end up flashing it due to movement is too high and that could create a headache that’s best avoided if an uptight person sees. Those types of places are the less likely to maybe have that one in a million chance of actually needing it to happen tho I feel.

2) Live in a town outside a town of 150k population where we often go that has a high crime rate.

I haven’t carried in 3 years, the only time I carry now is for work. But I got it if I need it... Location rural/suburb, rarely go to an actual big city.

1.) Whenever I'm carrying large amounts of cash, precious metals, or numismatics; usually to and from coin shows, auctions, or estate sales. At least once a week, sometimes two or three times.

2.) Live in the suburbs, but travel into various city and rural areas regularly.

literally every day. 90% of the time i open carry (cause im at work). the other 10% of the time its concealed. I live suburban Yorktown Va but work in urban/city/shitzone Newport News.

I carry all the time. I live in Southern California so definitely a metropolitan area.

I've got a Glock 26 Gen 5 w/ a ShapeShift Appendix holster that were gifts from my father in law back in October but, much to his chagrin, I haven't carried yet. I'm a first-time gun owner who's just gotten used to having guns in our home for self-defense & I've only been to the range on a couple of occasions so I'm not comfortable enough with the weapon to carry it yet. Besides, my wife has her S & W .38 in her handbag at all times & she's a much better shot than I am ( she was raised as a gun owner unlike me ). So, should a situation ever arise where we need a handgun, she's got us covered for now.
Will I ever become a frequent carrier? I don't know. We live in a very safe city in Sedona, AZ but for trips to Phoenix & other cities with higher crime rates, I believe I will carry. But, again, not until I become more comfortable & proficient with the weapon.

Back