Like it or not thats the greatest KO ever

It is what it is

Only 45 seconds to ring the bell you are dominated for most of the fight and your opoonent is p4p best guy out there then you
KO him suddenly then walkoff and be world champion
Nope.
He ain’t no p4p. Calm down. He didn’t break the record. Let’s relax.

no it’s not the greatest but it’s very cool and might win KO of the year.

Amazing that he finished usman but couldn’t do the same to cerrone with five rounds to do it . His striking is very crisp though and he showed great improvement with his grappling. Him vs khamzat would be a very interesting fight

Highest stakes possible and come from behind victory.

100% best head kick KO of all time

[✓]Walk off
[✓] come from behind
[✓] last minute of last round
[✓] out fucking COLD
[✓] title fight
[✓] KOed #1 P4P future Hall of famer
[✓] avenges a loss (only UFC loss, right?)
[✓] gorgeous clean technique with setup
Greatest KO checks out.

Well, the actual KO, removed of all context, is pretty great but not the greatest ever, not by a long shot, there are pride events with head kick KO’s a plenty and all of them were in the same night and more impressive than this,

Once you add context, the fact that they were on the last round and the fight was done for Leon and you add the beautiful technique of how he hid the kick behind the jab, then yeah, it becomes one of the best KO’s ever and easily in the discussion for best ever, considering it was for the belt as well.

I was already talking with my wife not paying much attention to the fight because it was clear how it was going to end, then out of nowhere I see Usman on the ground and I thought he got hit with a low blow, why else would he fall? But then why is Leon celebrating and why is Usman not grabbing his crotch and just… stiff? What just happened?

It was surreal

[✓]Walk off
[✓] come from behind
[✓] last minute of last round
[✓] out fucking COLD
[✓] title fight
[✓] KOed #1 P4P future Hall of famer
[✓] avenges a loss (only UFC loss, right?)
[✓] gorgeous clean technique with setup
lucky shot ...tick.

im delighted though

Certainly beautiful and against all odds

I mean I dont know if I feel that way or not,but it was certainly shocking.

It is what it is

Only 45 seconds to ring the bell you are dominated for most of the fight and your opoonent is p4p best guy out there then you
KO him suddenly then walkoff and be world champion

Serra is still greater in my mind, but yeah this is a true "Rocky" moment and will be replayed for years to come in the UFC. Going to be rough for Leon to live up to it.

Has to be, NO ONE saw that coming. Rhonda was beat up before her comeuppance. Maybe the Pete Williams Headkick? Which was in LOL (overtime) vs Mark Coleman - for the HW strap. Watch, enjoy.

I don't believe that was for the title.

Everyone has a different definition of "great," but yeah, considering it was for a title and he was less than a minute away from losing a clear decision, I concur.

Can we get a poll, mods?

it isn't as flashy as a spinning backkick or the karate kid crane kick but given the context of everything it's up there

for a belt
last minute of a 5 round fight
come from behind
it's like anderson vs chael

It’s majestic and certainly has that new ko smell. My favorite will always be Hendo knocking out Bisping.
FrankSneakyCatbird-size_restricted.gif

Certainly an arguable point. No-one saw that one coming, least of all Usman.
I was thinking that Edwards needed to go for broke. I thought he was just gonna act defeat and let the time run out. His coaches were hammering him and I thought he wasn't being receptive. Edwards set up that head kick beautifully. You're right, no one saw that coming. If you say you did, you're a liar.

Back