Little Lady Pistol

SummerStriker

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
My girlfriend is traditionally feminine. She can neither rack the slide on a glock, nor pull the trigger on my Taurus 856.

What should she try shooting?

My girlfriend is traditionally feminine. She can neither rack the slide on a glock, nor pull the trigger on my Taurus 856.

What should she try shooting?

.22lr semi-auto pistols should have light recoil springs and for sure light recoil. Get her whatever the current version of the Mosquito is. She'll learn how to clear malfunctions in the rest of the process.

And the obligatory pics of gf or gtfo. :D

.22lr semi-auto pistols should have light recoil springs and for sure light recoil. Get her whatever the current version of the Mosquito is. She'll learn how to clear malfunctions in the rest of the process.

And the obligatory pics of gf or gtfo. :D

Is it the recoil spring that makes a run hard to rack? Like is a .44 harder to rack than a 9mm?

Is it the recoil spring that makes a run hard to rack? Like is a .44 harder to rack than a 9mm?

The harder a round is gonna make the slide slam back, the stiffer the spring needs to be. Generally speaking. Pulling the slide back by hand is overcoming the resistance of that spring. Grip purchase will also make a difference. Meaning if the gun has less to grab onto (eg. CZs) then it can require more grip strength.

I'd suggest with the Glock try to teach her to pull the slide back with one hand while pushing the frame forward with the other. Distributes the required effort between the two hands rather than just the one. Works for me at least. And I'm a pussy with little grip strength.

My wife's wedding present was a Sig P232 chambered in .380 did you look at any of those. They aren’t in production anymore but i see them used every now and again. Maybe go with a Lady Smith also.

38 revolver would be the simplest to operate and will avoid any slide racking issues. Something heavier like a Ruger SP101 would help soak up some of the recoil assuming she’s not interested in learning/training at all.

38 revolver would be the simplest to operate and will avoid any slide racking issues. Something heavier like a Ruger SP101 would help soak up some of the recoil assuming she’s not interested in learning/training at all.
Sorry I answered too quick without understanding the OP. I was thinking what she may want for a defensive situation. If your just trying to take your girl to the range, she should be able to shoot anything really, just make sure you teach her the safety fundamentals first.

If it's going to be a defensive weapon, she doesn't have to go full big bore, but she should be realistic & at least learn to handle a caliber that's going to be worth a shit in that context.

I'd recommend seeing how she does with a Sig P365 9mm at the range

IMG_20190529_150827-660x495.jpg

I know some tiny women that have gotten very comfortable with it, & made it their preferred firearm of choice

If it's going to be a defensive weapon, she doesn't have to go full big bore, but she should be realistic & at least learn to handle a caliber that's going to be worth a shit in that context.

I'd recommend seeing how she does with a Sig P365 9mm at the range

IMG_20190529_150827-660x495.jpg

I know some tiny women that have gotten very comfortable with it, & made it their preferred firearm of choice
Glock 43X or M&P Shield Plus too.

Smith recently released the Equalizer, appears to be an improved 9mm version of their EZ line.

Back