Movies Little Monsters vs The Wizard

Favourite Fred Savage Film in 1989

• Little Monsters

• The Wizard

Results are only viewable after voting.
I loved Little Monsters as a kid.

I only saw the Wizard once or twice. I remember being frustrated at how little video games are actually in it. I didn't care about the stupid kid who wanted to go to California.

Howie Mandel doing his best wannabe Michael Keaton impression can be pretty painful to watch, but the movie still has its charm.

Little Monsters is fucking great. People said Howie Mandel was annoying in it, but never thought so and ny god, I cant 'see' him in that makeup.

Also, this movie is one of a kind. Other than maybe Monsters, Inc, I cant think of any remake that was like this.

I barely remember little monsters, yet I can quote many lines from the wizard.

"I love the power glove, it's so rad"
"Just keep your power glove off her"

The Wizard has one of the best and greatest video games ever known to man, Little Monsters has Howie Mandel

Not exactly a tough choose there

The Wizard has one of the best and greatest video games ever known to man, Little Monsters has Howie Mandel

Not exactly a tough choose there
Agreed. Little Monsters for the win.

It also has a good soundtrack and I never fucking knew this until 2 or 3 years ago, Daniel Stern, his father in the movie, is the fucking narrator on The Wonder Years

I too was obsessed with The Wizard, but like someone said, hardly any games, the power glove was a joke, and that lil kid sucked. People typically like it cuz of SM3.

Little Monsters is way better. I like it more than I should. It is weird, creepy, and fun. Howie Mandel brought his A game and made dumb movie pretty interesting.

Little Monsters and The Monster Squad was always in rotation in my childhood.
The Wizard I saw once, and thought it was ok.
Agreed,
Little Monster is a classic and definitely has replay value. Movie also introduced me to The Talking Heads at a young age.

The Wizard was meh, was only interested in it because I was deeply ingrained in the video game/arcade scene at the time.

But honestly, when Mario 3 was introduced in the film I was put off immediately. For some reason I felt as I still do to this day that the graphics took a step back from Mario 2.

Mario 3 sat on my dresser collecting dust, I honestly think I only played it a hand full of times and never attempted to get further then a few levels.

SAD.

Wasn't there some phone number advertised before Little Monsters on VHS? Like "1-900-Maurice" or something?

Edit: Found it

Agreed,
Little Monster is a classic and definitely has replay value. Movie also introduced me to The Talking Heads at a young age.

The Wizard was meh, was only interested in it because I was deeply ingrained in the video game/arcade scene at the time.

But honestly, when Mario 3 was introduced in the film I was put off immediately. For some reason I felt as I still do to this day that the graphics took a step back from Mario 2.

Mario 3 sat on my dresser collecting dust, I honestly think I only played it a hand full of times and never attempted to get further then a few levels.

SAD.
Bro, I agree with the movie opinions, BUT, SMB3 absolutely shits on 2, and I enjoyed 2 even then.

My problem was I thought playing SMB3 for score, like in the Wizard, was dumb. Even as a kid I didn’t like the game they chose to play for the championship or whatever. Nobody gave a crap about scores in that game. Though it was hot and new at that time, so they went in that direction. “Let’s move some units!”

Bro, I agree with the movie opinions, BUT, SMB3 absolutely shits on 2, and I enjoyed 2 even then.

My problem was I thought playing SMB3 for score, like in the Wizard, was dumb. Even as a kid I didn’t like the game they chose to play for the championship or whatever. Nobody gave a crap about scores in that game. Though it was hot and new at that time, so they went in that direction. “Let’s move some units!”
you’re probably right about SM3 with gameplay, but for me it was just an eyesore to look at, still is for some reason.

I was definitely that kid that jumped from SM2 to SMWorld for SNES.

I did enjoy how SM3 added the map, I remember that being a big thing back then with Zelda, SM3 and TMNT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehuff
Back