Liu Ce: Potentially the Chinese Pereira?

it looks like he moves more like a Sammy Shilt than a Pereira.

He is definitely not like Pereira. Alex's whole game is to hand fight and move away from strikes with a long guard. Alex does not fight like a typical kickboxer. Alex almost never shells up or combination fight in MMA.

Liu also has very short arms for his height. He isn't that "long".

They literally have the same freaking reach...... 78 to 79 reach lol

They literally have the same freaking reach...... 78 to 79 reach lol
Use your eyes. Look at their shoulders. It’s the way they measure reach using finger to finger. It isn’t arm length only. You can see one person having broader shoulders but shorter arms.

Last edited:
Liu Ce is a Chinese kickboxer who is the latest K-1 openweight tournament winner. Like Pereira, he's a lanky 6'5 and seems to be putting the fear of God into kickboxing heavyweights with his calf kicks.

Currently he is on an eight fight winstreak, all knockouts, with half of them by calf kick.

He also has a nasty left hand:

Liu Ce has expressed his interest in fighting in MMA and is currently 2-0 as an MMA heavyweight. He's also very young for a heavyweight (27) and it seems that he has time to work on his ground game if he wants to succeed at MMA.

Geez....looks like a Chinese Ivan Drago.

- banger walk out song, very legitimate
- good HW striker, won K1s return tournament
- blasted leg kicks
- big
-red
- definitely the real deal
- he's already the chinese pereira, with more recent wins on the big stage

Use your eyes. Look at their shoulders. It’s the way they measure reach using finger to finger. It isn’t arm length only. You can see one person having broader shoulders but shorter arms.

Yeah, because using your eyes while watching a video is more accurate than the measurement.. I guess you can accurately guess someone's height by watching a video, huh? If he has a long torso, his arms would look shorter; hence, it's far better to look at measurements rather than some BS eye test.

ps. Use your brain next time.

Yeah, because using your eyes while watching a video is more accurate than the measurement.. I guess you can accurately guess someone's height by watching a video, huh? If he has a long torso, his arms would look shorter; hence, it's far better to look at measurements rather than some BS eye test.

ps. Use your brain next time.
It's a known issue in the way they measure reach. There is wingspan vs actual arm length. You can look up how some boxing promotions don't use wingspan because it isn't an accurate assessment of arm length.

Yea go on and tell me how you are using your brain some more.

Was wondering when people would take notice.

He fought recently in WLF

credit to @Loriquero for the videolink.

He looks pretty fast and light on his feet for a guy his size and his legkicks are probably his strongest weapon. Calf kicks in MMA would be dangerous from this guy but I do not think he has any noteworthy grappling experience.

I've been saying the same thing about Volkanovski. People were spamming the idea that Volkanovski has longer arms than Islam when it is very obviously untrue just by looking at them. Volk also says he has no idea where they got the reach number from and if you look at his reach in regional promotions, they are all under 70 inches.

It's true that Pereira does have a noticeably longer reach than Liu. I also think Pereira's height and reach are slightly underreported considering how he seems to tower over every other fighter who claims to be 6'4. Pereira is likely 6'5 with at least 80 inches of reach, while Liu has a 78 inch reach which is average for his height.

Last edited:
How long has he been doing MMA for though? Guys like Israel and Alex were training in MMA for a long time before they became full time MMA guys - that's what makes them different from the K1 era guys who were just jumping in for easy pay.

I don't really follow kickboxing but doesn't K-1 suck now compared to Glory? I remember when a shot Cro Cop won a K-1 tournament.
Modern K-1 has many of the best kickboxers in the world under 70kg.

Liu Ce is a Chinese kickboxer who is the latest K-1 openweight tournament winner. Like Pereira, he's a lanky 6'5 and seems to be putting the fear of God into kickboxing heavyweights with his calf kicks.

Currently he is on an eight fight winstreak, all knockouts, with half of them by calf kick.

He also has a nasty left hand:

Liu Ce has expressed his interest in fighting in MMA and is currently 2-0 as an MMA heavyweight. He's also very young for a heavyweight (27) and it seems that he has time to work on his ground game if he wants to succeed at MMA.

Nasty leg kicks I’m gonna have to check him out

Back