LMAO at Jones stepping in the moment Francis leaves

Embarrassing and weak

Why is it embarrassing and weak?

I don't think Jones or Ngannou are scared of each other. That's just the nature of negotiations and so be it. Ngannou wants to make more money in Boxing if he's able to.

Jon Jones is fighting a beast in Ciryl Gane, the guy is no joke. And than if he wins he has a bunch of killers waiting for him. That's if he doesn't retire.

Why is it embarrassing and weak?

I don't think Jones or Ngannou are scared of each other. That's just the nature of negotiations and so be it. Ngannou wants to make more money in Boxing if he's able to.

Jon Jones is fighting a beast in Ciryl Gane, the guy is no joke. And than if he wins he has a bunch of killers waiting for him. That's if he doesn't retire.
It's very weak.
He had 3 years to step in with Francis and the moment he leaves he is suddenly racing to jump into the octagon...

It's very weak.
He had 3 years to step in with Francis and the moment he leaves he is suddenly running to jump into the octagon...

He would have fought Francis if Francis signed the UFC contract. I have no doubt.

Like what I said Ciryl Gane is no easy fight for anyone. Don't look pass him or even the rest of the HW's that are waiting for their shot at the title.

He would have fought Francis if Francis signed the UFC contract. I have no doubt.

Like what I said Ciryl Gane is no easy fight for anyone. Don't look pass him or even the rest of the HW's that are waiting for their shot at the title.

I have a lot of doubt lol. There's a reason he waited 3 years.

My guess is at some point it became more like the UFC was keeping Jones in their back pocket for just this occasion (Francis leaving). Ngannou is gone? Cool, here's Gaethje-Fiziev, Edwards-Usman III, and the debut of Jones at HW against Ciryl Gane. That's how you do it.

It's like a sleight-of-hand trick. Like they just swapped out Francis for Bones.

I have a lot of doubt lol. There's a reason he waited 3 years.

Well Francis was not even ready to fight for over a year now. When did Francis fight last?

Ciryl Gane is no joke. If you think that's easy fight for Jones, you're fooling yourself.

I've been goofing on Jones alot in here but i don't think this one is on him. The way Francis contract negotiations worked out well in Jones favour. Not by much though.

Instead of getting ko'd by Francis, he will get styled on by Gane. I guess i'd rather get styled on than ko'd

Well Francis was not even ready to fight for over a year now. When did Francis fight last?

Ciryl Gane is no joke. If you think that's easy fight for Jones, you're fooling yourself.

Definitely not an easy fight. But Jones saw Ngannou wrestlefuck him and clearly plans to do the same.

And he's not going to send you to the shadow realm like Ngannou. It's just flat out less risky

Definitely not an easy fight. But Jones saw Ngannou wrestlefuck him and clearly plans to do the same.

And he's not going to send you to the shadow realm like Ngannou. It's just flat out less risky

I honestly believe Gane will be a much better well rounded fighter when he fights Jones. He will learn a lot from the fight with Ngannou. I have no doubt about that. Ngannou did the same thing when he lost to Stipe and he took his loss hard and obviously learned his mistakes and destroyed Stipe in their second fight.

To say fighters are just stagnant robots who don't learn is a mistake.

I honestly believe Gane will be a much better well rounded fighter when he fights Jones. He will learn a lot from the fight with Ngannou. I have no doubt about that. Ngannou did the same thing when he lost to Stipe and he took his loss hard and obviously learned his mistakes and destroyed Stipe in their second fight.

To say fighters are just stagnant robots who don't learn is a mistake.

We haven't seen it yet. Can't automatically assume they have improved until we see it in the cage. Some guys just never pick up the wrestling no matter how much work they put in.

Yeah it's funny how he was twerking for Stipe and then radio silence, until. But you know business is business

We haven't seen it yet. Can't automatically assume they have improved until we see it in the cage.

We'll we never saw what Francis improved until the second fight started with Stipe. But people in general live and learn. If you don't evolve or adapt you're likely not to succeed in life.

It's very weak.
He had 3 years to step in with Francis and the moment he leaves he is suddenly racing to jump into the octagon...
BS take. When Jon Jones goes up to HW, it's gonna be for a title fight. Everything else would be pointless. He certainly deserves it. Francis wouldn't sign a contract. Francis didn't leave. He got layed off because they couldn't book him a fight. They wanted tho. So they wouldn't do a title fight without Francis. If they stripped him, he would've been released immediately per contract.
Jon wanted to fight all along. You can't possibly blame that on Jon. It's no coincidence, but you got the causal chain all wrong.

My guess is at some point it became more like the UFC was keeping Jones in their back pocket for just this occasion (Francis leaving). Ngannou is gone? Cool, here's Gaethje-Fiziev, Edwards-Usman III, and the debut of Jones at HW against Ciryl Gane. That's how you do it.

It's like a sleight-of-hand trick. Like they just swapped out Francis for Bones.
They had a bunch of options ready depending on how things played out. Everything was dependent on what happened with Ngannou. Jones was originally going to fight Stipe/Blaydes, but plans changed when Ngannou still didn't resign. So they started making plans for every option and that's when Jones got put as an option for a vacant title. This is why they never made an interim title. They knew this outcome was a possibility ever since Ngannou beat Gane. They already used the interim title to extend Ngannou's contract before.

UFC should've just allowed Ngannou to box and to increase his pay. Ngannou leaving completely discredit's UFC's HW division and whoever the champion is won't really be considered the champion. Especially if Gane ends up beating Jones.

Back