Television LOKI TV Series (Season 2 Finale)

If you have seen the entire first season of LOKI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
I've taken one for the Team;)

No Spoilers Review.

- Hiddleston and Owen are still a damn near perfect double act. But the first episode spends most of it's run time on exposition, yet still manages to leave gaping holes in plot and logic.

- TVA cops/soldiers still use those goofy-ass nightsticks instead of real weapons.

- SMH at the MCU still trying to hype up Kang the Can. Dude is 2 - 0, and one of those losses was to fucking Antman:rolleyes:

- There's an after credits scene that sets up the next episode.

5/10
Hiddleston/Wilson duo was the best part of season 1 and they underused to bolivian. I wonder if the writing will be even shittier this season.

Hiddleston/Wilson duo was the best part of season 1 and they underused to bolivian. I wonder if the writing will be even shittier this season.

Going by the first episode, I wouldn't bet against it.

At least I've still got the latest Gen V episode to look forward to:)

My Brother in JUST BLEED God,

Thank you for taking one for the team

And

In what universe does 2-0 mean: 0 wins 2 losses?

What is the correct term? 0 - 2? I must admit, I'm not entirely familiar with American sporting vernacular.

The dialogue in Loki is absolute garbage. Not funny, not interesting. Shortround was mildly slightly amusing. Owen Wilson is not funny. These Disney+ shows make me feel like they get the unpaid college interns to make them.

It's wins and losses. No one says losses and wins.

Still hate this time travel/multiverse nonsense, but episode 1 was really solid.

Ke Huy Quan is a great addition to the cast. He just adds a level of charm, quirkiness and likability to the show.

Good build-up for the coming of Kang(s) but the Quantumania movie killed my excitement for Kang. He was just a let-down as a major villain.

I enjoyed the first episode, thought it was good. Coming off of Ahsoka, Secret Invasion, and the Mandalorian season 3 it was an amazing start.

Of the Disney plus shows, Andor stands alone, far far away, followed by probably Season 1 of Loki and the early Mandalorian seasons so am hopeful for season 2.

I personally like time travel when done right, always find it interesting and I do want to see more of Kang even though some people were soured by Quantumania, I don't think thats on him or his portrayal.

I thought this was a great start to the season. I like the tone, the addition of Ke Huy Quan is perfect, and Hiddleston and Wilson have perfect chemistry.
I like that they're doing a better job of building up Kang.

I think people are being a little too hard on Kang and not thinking about the nature of him and why he is as dangerous as he is. Quantumania was dog shit and absolutely did a disservice to the character, but what makes Kang different from the other big bads is that there are limitless versions of him, and he can get his ass kicked and come back 10x more ruthless and prepared the next time.

Ke Huy Quan meshes really well with Wilson and Hiddleston. Show has great actors but I’ feel like the story just can’t match.

The first ten minutes or so were cool. It was good to see Loki be...well, Loki again.

Still way too much exposition. And I've never been a fan of time travel stories. With the exception the first two Terminator movies.

I thought this was a great start to the season. I like the tone, the addition of Ke Huy Quan is perfect, and Hiddleston and Wilson have perfect chemistry.
I like that they're doing a better job of building up Kang.

I think people are being a little too hard on Kang and not thinking about the nature of him and why he is as dangerous as he is. Quantumania was dog shit and absolutely did a disservice to the character, but what makes Kang different from the other big bads is that there are limitless versions of him, and he can get his ass kicked and come back 10x more ruthless and prepared the next time.

Kang is like Rick, I just hope the Kangest Kang has yet to be shown.

This marvel multiverse thing isn’t working, there’s basically zero weight behind anything, oh look Wanda just obliterated the illuminati, zero fucks given.

Billions just got wiped out by a random tva agent, ah well.

These supposed major moments don’t do anything when we don’t know a damm thing about the victims.

Thanos snapping his fingers worked well because it wiped out a bunch of folks we spent a decade or so with, wiping out randoms willy nilly, especially now we know they can bring anybody back at anytime is boring.

This marvel multiverse thing isn’t working, there’s basically zero weight behind anything, oh look Wanda just obliterated the illuminati, zero fucks given.

Billions just got wiped out by a random tva agent, ah well.

These supposed major moments don’t do anything when we don’t know a damm thing about the victims.

Thanos snapping his fingers worked well because it wiped out a bunch of folks we spent a decade or so with, wiping out randoms willy nilly, especially now we know they can bring anybody back at anytime is boring.
Yeah, they've really cheapened the decade long build up we had with Thanos and the infinity war.
In the Loki show, they could have done a better job with this if they had did more than just SHOW the other Loki variants. They could have focused a bit more on them as characters so that their loss meant something. They kind of touched on it in Multiverse of Madness, but not enough for it to mean something. They're did all of this work to build up to this concept, and now they're rushing through it when it's more complicated than anything they've done in the past.

I think this is always going to be a challenge with comic book movies due to the scale of the events, and power of the characters, but it isn't impossible. They can make the characters have meaning within their own stories. The perspective of loss to someone in the TVA vs. someone like Galactus or a Spiderman can understandably be very different.

Oh, for fuck's sake:rolleyes:

Whatever his personal flaws, Majors is a bloody good actor. But Kang gets less impressive every time I see him. This goofy, stammering Variant with stupid hair makes He Who Remains look like...well, Thanos.

Hugo Weaving's Red Skull gave better Villain in one movie that Kang has in his film and two TV shows thus far. I have zero interest in Secret Wars, and I suspect I'm not alone in that.

What a waste of a talented cast.

Shortround can rig a time loom whatever you call it but can't hack a way around the need for Kang's time aura whatevers. The more I watch this show, the more I think entertainment malpractice. There's nothing in it to make you want to rewatch.

Back